gfsdgdfgdf.jpg

fsdfsfs.jpg

fgdgdgdf.jpg

fgdfgdfgj.jpg

fdgdfgdfgdfg.jpg

fdgdfgd.jpg

dfgdgdf.jpg

cbvvnbv.jpg

Thanks for the stills mate. Still rubbing my hands together with glee- such an unexpected (pleasant) surprise. I knew Indian SOFs were getting a huge upgrade but I didn't think we'd see the fruits for some time yet, someone somewhere knows what they're doing.

Thanks for the stills mate. Still rubbing my hands together with glee- such an unexpected (pleasant) surprise. I knew Indian SOFs were getting a huge upgrade but I didn't think we'd see the fruits for some time yet, someone somewhere knows what they're doing.

Hope we get light weight helmets, good nvg's...advanced comm systems, ballistic googles and something like the sopmod kit on the rifles....still a long way to go..but we are on the right track!!

Hope we get light weight helmets, good nvg's...advanced comm systems, ballistic googles and something like the sopmod kit on the rifles....still a long way to go..but we are on the right track!!
Absolutely, I believe I have already seen some of this tech with Indian SOFs, but of course there is still much room for growth. And agreed about SOPMOD, 1 PARA's rifles have pictanical rails so there is the capacity for such things and I'm sure they have accessories they didn't show for this vid.

^^^
Helmets and NVGs are already in service they haven't been shown here on the video. I don't know about comm systems, but BEL lauched the new SDR during Aero India 2011, they will soon be in service.

And agreed about SOPMOD, 1 PARA's rifles have pictanical rails so there is the capacity for such things and I'm sure they have accessories they didn't show for this vid.
Thats what i was going to say.

I also heard those small notebooks built are also in service in JnK and most likely with Paras.

I must say Paras looks really lethal on the other hand the recent NSG video shown on NDTV is not encouraging especially their gears.

^^^
Helmets and NVGs are already in service they haven't been shown here on the video. I don't know about comm systems, but BEL lauched the new SDR during Aero India 2011, they will soon be in service.

Thats what i was going to say.

I also heard those small notebooks built are also in service in JnK and most likely with Paras.

I must say Paras looks really lethal on the other hand the recent NSG video shown on NDTV is not encouraging especially their gears.

What "notebooks" are you referring to? And I'd disagree, I'd say the recent vid of NSG was VERY encouraging (of course their were still some issues like helmets). But whatever according to NSG Cheif by 2015 NSG will be world class in terms of kit.

I'd say the recent vid of NSG was VERY encouraging (of course their were still some issues like helmets).
thats what i meant. Also Paras are using tavor which has a range of 300 m and NSG uses MP5.

But whatever according to NSG Cheif by 2015 NSG will be world class in terms of kit.
Who cares. NSG is a small force and if u wanna arm it, you just need a couple years. Also according to NSG chief (if you will read the article) the situations for which they are preparing future NSG commandos might never happen as those situation will happen if they fight in enemy territory and for that job we have paras, marcos and SFF. NSG only take care VVIP security and any internal terror threat.

thats what i meant. Also Paras are using tavor which has a range of 300 m and NSG uses MP5.

Who cares. NSG is a small force and if u wanna arm it, you just need a couple years. Also according to NSG chief (if you will read the article) the situations for which they are preparing future NSG commandos might never happen as those situation will happen if they fight in enemy territory and for that job we have paras, marcos and SFF. NSG only take care VVIP security and any internal terror threat.

The MP-5 is ideal for them as they operate mainly in a CQB environment. But (as seen in tha vid) they do also have the SIG-552 for longer range/BPJ kills.

And why wouldn't you want the NSG upgraded to the best possible standard? Just because there are the PARA SF, MARCOS,SFF, GUARDS doesn't mean NSG shouldn't be given adequate resources. In the age of new terror NSG should be all they can possibly be and ready for anything they may face. The upgrade the Cheif mentions can only be a positive thing.

Ill be more happy when i see them with their full gear...and full gear=helmet, comms, sopmod [anything like it since they ve picatinny rails in the sides] and more stuff like camel back etc etc]

Ill be more happy when i see them with their full gear...and full gear=helmet, comms, sopmod [anything like it since they ve picatinny rails in the sides] and more stuff like camel back etc etc]

That day certainly doesn't seem too far away. But in regards to Helmets, I'm not sure as IA SF don't seem to like wearing helmets. Instead they prefer to wear camo cloths or balaclavas and Patkas only when completely necessary. we've seen MARCOs and Guard with helmets (Kevlar and ballistic WITH NVG mounts) though.

The MP-5 is ideal for them as they operate mainly in a CQB environment. But (as seen in tha vid) they do also have the SIG-552 for longer range/BPJ kills.
MP5 is good for CQB but also if you sent a team to fight a menace, then you don't equip all the soldier with MP5. In the team every soldier has been assign a separate job and they should be equip accordingly. Thats what we saw in Paras video and thats other SF around the globe does.

And why wouldn't you want the NSG upgraded to the best possible standard?
I want then to be upgraded to the best standard in the world but i don't want them to be prepared for the job for which they were not established in the first place.

Just because there are the PARA SF, MARCOS,SFF, GUARDS doesn't mean NSG shouldn't be given adequate resources.
Dude i am sure you didn't read the article. According to the article NSG chief wants this force to be ready to do clandestine operations in enemy territory for which we have Paras and Marcos and SFF. Every force is assigned a special purpose and NSG is not meant for such jobs. As far as Garuds are concerned, they were established for the protection of our aerial set up.

I never said we should not arm NSG. What i simply wanna say is that, just go to international vendors and purchase whatever is there best so as to equip them quickly or like FINSAS set up a standard set of equipments for all SF in our country (the number will be close to 50000). Its not even economical and also its time consuming to make equipments for a particular force. Whatever extra equipment a particular SF needs can be purchased globally rest should be set up as standard.

MP5 is good for CQB but also if you sent a team to fight a menace, then you don't equip all the soldier with MP5. In the team every soldier has been assign a separate job and they should be equip accordingly. Thats what we saw in Paras video and thats other SF around the globe does.

I want then to be upgraded to the best standard in the world but i don't want them to be prepared for the job for which they were not established in the first place.

Dude i am sure you didn't read the article. According to the article NSG chief wants this force to be ready to do clandestine operations in enemy territory for which we have Paras and Marcos and SFF. Every force is assigned a special purpose and NSG is not meant for such jobs. As far as Garuds are concerned, they were established for the protection of our aerial set up.

I never said we should not arm NSG. What i simply wanna say is that, just go to international vendors and purchase whatever is there best so as to equip them quickly or like FINSAS set up a standard set of equipments for all SF in our country (the number will be close to 50000). Its not even economical and also its time consuming to make equipments for a particular force. Whatever extra equipment a particular SF needs can be purchased globally rest should be set up as standard.

Pal, I see what you are saying but what I took from the NSG Cheif's remarks was NSG should be ready to conduct CT ops anywhere in the world like IC-148 hijacking for example where NSG were ready to storm Indian airliner in Afghanistan. And as far as upgrades are going I'd say what you suggest is sort of happening, if you look at much of the gear all Indian SOFs use you will actually see quite a high degree of commanlity from comms to weapons to tactical vests etc and regarding MP-5 and NSG, like I said there are members in NSG team who operate MP-5 and some that operate SIG-552.

Also regarding Guarud and their operational mandate I'd say (and this has been discussed to death) their role is much more than just asset protection, that is what IAF POLICE are specifically for. Yes, Guarud have been used for certain high value protection duties but these are exceptions rather than the rule. Guarud are mostly for FAC and CSAR duties however as they are likely to be (and are in J&K) be attached to JSOGs with PARA SF and MARCOs they are also trained to a very high degree in all environments such as jungle, urban,mountain and desert and in all operations such as HR, CT,CSAR, asset protection, snatch and grab, airborne ops etc along the same lines as other Indian SOFs. However Guarud's actual usablity and function has always been a subject of much debate, regardless as we know and have seen they are exceptionally dedicated and competent SFs operators who will accomplish any task given to them.

That day certainly doesn't seem too far away. But in regards to Helmets, I'm not sure as IA SF don't seem to like wearing helmets. Instead they prefer to wear camo cloths or balaclavas and Patkas only when completely necessary. we've seen MARCOs and Guard with helmets (Kevlar and ballistic WITH NVG mounts) though.

Yeah!! it certainly doesnt seem like IA SF like to wear helmets...well Marcos and Garuds ve them i want to see Para SF with them!!

Yeah!! it certainly doesnt seem like IA SF like to wear helmets...well Marcos and Garuds ve them i want to see Para SF with them!!

Not really what you want but PARA SF with Patkas:
sfsdfl.jpg

sfsdf1.jpg

They do have Kevlar helmets but I can't seem to find the pics right now.

Back
Top Bottom