What's new

Indian Small Arms Inventory Developed by DRDO ARDE & OFB

I love how arde and ofb simply copy paste the AKM design to suit their needs. :)

Just look at that gas tube on both the trichy and mciws...they havent even changed the 45 degree of the tube..even though it has been shown one with 90 deg is better...case in point the AK103.....seriou . I understand that the gas piston is the best best, but geez..cant we simply move away from that AKM blueprint and get something original?

Seriously, pretty much all of OFBs products look like that. They've been surviving off of hand out too long. India needs more companies producing small arms.

Sir, govt of india has a very bad policy when comes to local purchase for defense gears.so how can you expect more companies in defense sector. Let see the case of Ultra light howitzer, army want 145 guns initially and we failed to conclude the agreement with US initially, then kalyani group offered ULH development (by specification wise its not as light as M777,i agree with the fact) they started there work, invested money on this project even they purchased some outside companies. suddenly BAE offered gun under make india slogan, and as per reports we are going for that. Its just like showing middle finger toward these private companies, after all unlike PSUs all private companies are working for profit, money etc. GOI wants to treat indigenous project on par with that of west, here we are acting like just a wealthy buyer with no responsibility to in house efforts. If we didn't change this attitude, no one will put there money in our defense sector. Instead of promoting our own efforts what we are doing now. will run behind top end equipment available and the seller demands exorbitant price for there toys, then next stage of saga the bargaining and associated time delay.at the end we will buy that costly stuff and keep using that thing for few decades even after its obsolescence. In my opinion we can buy a decent indigenous products(if it is utter non tech don't go for that thing) I repeat the word a descend one which will be cheaper hence we can use it for short period, a decade or so after that we an buy new advanced stuff than predecessor again. The money spend on this case always stay inside our country, the seller can use this money to further develop into a new project and technology, and it can offered to our armed force again.

Sir, govt of india has a very bad policy when comes to local purchase for defense gears.so how can you expect more companies in defense sector. Let see the case of Ultra light howitzer, army want 145 guns initially and we failed to conclude the agreement with US initially, then kalyani group offered ULH development (by specification wise its not as light as M777,i agree with the fact) they started there work, invested money on this project even they purchased some outside companies. suddenly BAE offered gun under make india slogan, and as per reports we are going for that. Its just like showing middle finger toward these private companies, after all unlike PSUs all private companies are working for profit, money etc. GOI wants to treat indigenous project on par with that of west, here we are acting like just a wealthy buyer with no responsibility to in house efforts. If we didn't change this attitude, no one will put there money in our defense sector. Instead of promoting our own efforts what we are doing now. will run behind top end equipment available and the seller demands exorbitant price for there toys, then next stage of saga the bargaining and associated time delay.at the end we will buy that costly stuff and keep using that thing for few decades even after its obsolescence. In my opinion we can buy a decent indigenous products(if it is utter non tech don't go for that thing) I repeat the word a descend one which will be cheaper hence we can use it for short period, a decade or so after that we an buy new advanced stuff than predecessor again. The money spend on this case always stay inside our country, the seller can use this money to further develop into a new project and technology, and it can offered to our armed force again.

Nothing wrong with in house development. As DRDO-ARDE's multi cal rifle, upcoming LMGs, SMGs, will hopefully be promising, but tolerating OFBs quality is another thing.

There are several private firms within India that wants to produce small arms, some of which are punj lloyd, mahindra, bharat forge, among others. This is an Indian political decision of letting private firms producing small arms, nothing to do with outside forces. Let them lose.

If they continue to let OFB have a monopoly over this, it's only India that suffers.

I love how arde and ofb simply copy paste the AKM design to suit their needs. :)

Just look at that gas tube on both the trichy and mciws...they havent even changed the 45 degree of the tube..even though it has been shown one with 90 deg is better...case in point the AK103.....seriou . I understand that the gas piston is the best best, but geez..cant we simply move away from that AKM blueprint and get something original?

True that,guess why did they decide to go for the 45 degree gas tube when they had put a 90 degree one on the INSAS which the MCIWS is supposed to replace!!

7zTaT14.jpg

SdA4y4g.jpg

Amogh Carbine

IX28PDV.jpg

JVPC PDW

nLgk8uY.jpg

MCIWS

RTDtX80.jpg

Ex-INSAS & Ghatak

based on market reputation and lack of ingenuity, I wouldn't buy any of these.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom