What's new

Indian police order Muslim man to prove his patriotism by leading partition celebrations

WE call it enforcing the Law.

Good on you. Make sure you do "enforce" your law to rest of the Muslims as well who happen to have soft corner for Pakistan. The are plenty suspects in the clip below. ISI needs to wrap up its India desk, the "Indian laws" will put ISI agents out of work.

Good on you. Make sure you do "enforce" your law to rest of the Muslims as well who happen to have soft corner for Pakistan. The are plenty suspects in the clip below. ISI needs to wrap up its India desk, the "Indian laws" will put ISI agents out of work.

Don't worry.

We know who to run our Nation. Now if only you could say the same. Not that I care.

That is like saying if everybody "automatically" did the right thing, there is no need for the law or police. How absurd does that sound ?

How is social behavior = to civil disobedience ? :cheesy:

By this logic, social media = civil rights.

If a person who disrespected India is allowed to LEAD the Independence day celebration, maybe he will feel some pride in being an India.

I applaud this novel approach to reforming a misguided youth.

Giving someone a taste of their own medicine, usually helps them understand their mistakes. This is one of the most common methods in the world. :lol:

social behavior - thinking independently and sharing ideas - anti India ?

give me an example of automatically right thing and police please. i did not understand what you meant by it.

Man we have a criminal person in office and nobody wants him there let alone let him lead an independence day rally.

and lol on the reforming part but i guess its the indian way. So if someone steals an egg you will employ him in a bakery? that is rich

wtf rss nazi state - partition was necessary as you can see today its fruits.

Don't worry.

We know who to run our Nation. Now if only you could say the same. Not that I care.

I am actually agreeing with you, you need to enforce your laws. We in Pakistan will be cheer leading for you. And as for my country, if you dont care how my country is run, then dont ask. Simple.

social behavior - thinking independently and sharing ideas - anti India ?

give me an example of automatically right thing and police please. i did not understand what you meant by it.

Man we have a criminal person in office and nobody wants him there let alone let him lead an independence day rally.

and lol on the reforming part but i guess its the indian way. So if someone steals an egg you will employ him in a bakery? that is rich

Social behavior = How you behave in society. = RESPONSIBLE behavior.

I was making an analogy to your claim that if that person was "automatically" patriotic then there is no need for any punishment. Its like saying if a person is "automatically" law abiding, there is no need for the Law.

Sadly it does not work that ways.

Many are law abiding, a few are criminals. Similarly many are patriotic, a few needs to be taught patriotism.

If some one steals an egg, I think the Indian way would be to forgive him and give him one more egg.

If someone steals gold, then he would probably get beaten up.

If someone makes a pro pakistani post during independence day, give him an opportunity to make a pro India post or action just so that he is not confused about his Nationality and more importantly about his duties and responsibilities.

Sounds reasonable to me. Maybe I am just a crazy Hindu, the kind jinnah wanted nothing to do with.

Social behavior = How you behave in society. = RESPONSIBLE behavior.

I was making an analogy to your claim that if that person was "automatically" patriotic then there is no need for any punishment. Its like saying if a person is "automatically" law abiding, there is no need for the Law.

Sadly it does not work that ways.

Many are law abiding, a few are criminals. Similarly many are patriotic, a few needs to be taught patriotism.

If some one steals an egg, I think the Indian way would be to forgive him and give him one more egg.

If someone steals gold, then he would probably get beaten up.

If someone makes a pro pakistani post during independence day, give him an opportunity to make a pro India post or action just so that he is not confused about his Nationality and more importantly about his duties and responsibilities.

Sounds reasonable to me. Maybe I am just a crazy Hindu, the kind jinnah wanted nothing to do with.

is it a law in India to be patriotic?
This question should really answer the whole thread.

I have literally lost interest since you claim proudly thugs and criminals are best fit leading the independence rally.

Just answer the above question and we move on. otherwise the eggs will start hatching and then i will be stealing chicken and not eggs which is a crime punishable by 'Singing Vande Mataram' apparently

I have literally lost interest since you claim proudly thugs and criminals are best fit leading the independence rally.

Just answer the above question and we move on. otherwise the eggs will start hatching and then i will be stealing chicken and not eggs which is a crime punishable by 'Singing Vande Mataram' apparently

The constitution does not define patriotism. But it does define certain do's and don'ts like respecting the National flag and National anthem.

All Indians can proudly lead the Independence day celebration. There is no rally in question here.

The Constitution also puts reasonable restrictions on free speech.

We have a Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971.

The constitution does not define patriotism. But it does define certain do's and don'ts like respecting the National flag and National anthem.

All Indians can proudly lead the Independence day celebration. There is no rally in question here.

The Constitution also puts reasonable restrictions on free speech.

We have a Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971.

good. gives somewhat an idea what it possibly could be.

Now tell me what constitutes as anti India in his facebook page?

surely the police would have released some information.

All indians can but asking a criminal to lead the celebration is pretty unpatriotic.

Those police are misinformed. Posting pictures of Nawaz Sharif means that guy is likely to be pro-India more than pro-Pakistan

good. gives somewhat an idea what it possibly could be.

Now tell me what constitutes as anti India in his facebook page?

surely the police would have released some information.

All indians can but asking a criminal to lead the celebration is pretty unpatriotic.

IF what he has wrote is illegal, then it would be impossible for the police to tell us what he said.

If I had to guess, I would say that he was probably charged with Article 19(2) that permits the government to impose reasonable restrictions upon the freedom of speech and expression “in the interests of public order”.

Besides the man himself accepted to do the things suggested in order to avoid any more legal action. He clearly had no stomach for a fight. Or maybe he felt the fight was not worth it.

Any provocative post a day before or on Independence day can be against public order. Especially if there is also a religious angle to this.

I think the police did a reasonable job. Most times we see heavy handed actions that does more damage than good.

No one asks you to be patriot in India similarly no one asks you to love your mother. Police in India has all right to counsel or ask the culprit to prove his change.
This is no way different from drunk and drive cases , where police ask the culprits to hold placards with no drink and drive messages for continuous 3 days.
This will be the same for Hindu , Christian and buddhists etc....

IF what he has wrote is illegal, then it would be impossible for the police to tell us what he said.

If I had to guess, I would say that he was probably charged with Article 19(2) that permits the government to impose reasonable restrictions upon the freedom of speech and expression “in the interests of public order”.

Besides the man himself accepted to do the things suggested in order to avoid any more legal action. He clearly had no stomach for a fight. Or maybe he felt the fight was not worth it.

Any provocative post a day before or on Independence day can be against public order. Especially if there is also a religious angle to this.

I think the police did a reasonable job. Most times we see heavy handed actions that does more damage than good.

sounds reasonable if India has reached a point where public order needs to maintained by policing social media.

Back
Top Bottom