What's new

Indian police order Muslim man to prove his patriotism by leading partition celebrations

So you think one can write before one can read or understand?

That is the impression one gets after reading your posts.

Or you can admit that you were deliberately twisting my words to absurd lengths to prove how "evil" we hindus are :lol:

That is the impression one gets after reading your posts.

Or you can admit that you were deliberately twisting my words to absurd lengths to prove how "evil" we hindus are :lol:

man the posts are there for everyone to see. you cant be the judge the jury and the witness all at once

man the posts are there for everyone to see. you cant be the judge the jury and the witness all at once

LOL...... when did I say that the poster was recruited for ISIS ? :cheesy:

I said the social media is policed because ISIS is known to recruit from the social media. :lol:

I guess I will have to make some concessions for your intelligence.

So what should be done to the Policemen? I mean if a common folk had done like pro Pak in Facebook or even come out and shouted, its fine.
But this guy is a Policeman, subject to official rules and policy. So what is your recommendation? How should he be punished?

He was not a Cop. If he was a cop, he probably would have been suspended.

I said the social media is policed because ISIS is known to recruit from the social media. :lol:

oh now i get it.
sorry for the misunderstanding man.

my recommendation is that if this was a policeman he should have gone through an assessment test that he is psychologically fit and understands what India is and how India should be respected.

and internally inquiry should have been done and proper actions needs to be taken which were best done silently.

now this is international news that even policemen who are entrusted by Indians for their safety are anti India and do not care much about the constitution.

Of course when they are selected they are put through psychological tests. He might have lied his feelings then to get the job.
But again, what you are recommendation, even if possible, will lead to loss of income for a few months to a year or 2 (We know how subcontinental bureaucracy works). Does his family needs to suffer for this? If he is fit mentally then he will be fired.

It was a local solution taken by probably Circle Inspector to save him, his job, his honour. An unharmful solution if you ask me but unheard of. Generally they are sacked. This approach felt, according to me, bit humane and honourful.

He was not a Cop. If he was a cop, he probably would have been suspended.

My bad. If he is not a cop, then the SP has no business to do this and that. Either advise him and let him off or charge him under law and let him face the court.

Of course when they are selected they are put through psychological tests. He might have lied his feelings then to get the job.
But again, what you are recommendation, even if possible, will lead to loss of income for a few months to a year or 2 (We know how subcontinental bureaucracy works). Does his family needs to suffer for this? If he is fit mentally then he will be fired.

It was a local solution taken by probably Circle Inspector to save him, his job, his honour. An unharmful solution if you ask me but unheard of. Generally they are sacked. This approach felt, according to me, bit humane and honourful.

well if you look at it from a neutral POV he was humiliated for speaking out. his honour is more or less gone in his mind that he had a opinion which was mocked and he was actually punished for making an opinion and we do not know what the hell was that even still.

worse part is he will take this stress to work. now we have a loose cannon of a police officer who will oppress the lesser ones just because he can.

totally avoidable episode if you ask me.

well if you look at it from a neutral POV he was humiliated for speaking out. his honour is more or less gone in his mind that he had a opinion which was mocked and he was actually punished for making an opinion and we do not know what the hell was that even still.

worse part is he will take this stress to work. now we have a loose cannon of a police officer who will oppress the lesser ones just because he can.

Check out my post 80. It seems he is not a cop.

police in India have ordered a 22-year-old Muslim to prove he is not a traitor by leading Tuesday's celebrations of the split from Pakistan in 1947.

Dilnawaz Alam was accused by neighbours in Sheohar District, northeast India, of posting pro-Pakistan content on his Facebook page, including pictures of the former prime minister, Nawaz Sharif, ahead of the 70th anniversary of partition.

In order to show his repentance, “he has undertaken to participate in the Independence day function with suitable fervor”, an official said, “by putting up the national flag on the mast, salut[ing] it during its unfurling and join[ing] others in singing the national anthem.”

Over the weekend Mr Alam, a member of India’s 172m-strong Muslim minority, also washed the walls of the local police station and cleared its grounds of litter.

The district superintendent said Mr Alam had agreed voluntarily to “mend his ways and thoughts”, rather than face worse punishment.

His case is the latest in a growing number relying on hazy laws that forbid the expression of ‘anti-nationalist’ sentiment, which critics say has created an atmosphere of suspicion and hostility towards minorities.

In June, 15 Muslim men were arrested for “shouting pro-Pakistan slogans” after the country’s victory over India in the final of the cricket world cup.

The 70th anniversary of partition, an event that led to rampant sectarian violence between Sikhs, Hindus and Mulism and an estimated 1 to 2 million deaths, comes in a particularly frosty period for relations between India, which is led by the Hindu-nationalist, Bharatiya Janata Party, and Pakistan, where persecution of Hindus has risen steadily in recent years

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...uslim-man-prove-patriotism-leading-partition/
Pointless tokenism. A handsome monetary compensation and a ticket to Pakistan (or any other Islamic state of his choice) should have been more humane. He is Muslim. He loves the country that was made for Muslims. The only contradiction is that his parents may not have been able to make the journey. The present Govt. should be more sensitive and allow him and his family to move to a place where he won't be punished for posting his PM's pictures and all.

Doing public service is better than going to jail. It gives him an opportunity to demonstrate a bit of gratitude to the society he lives in.

Maybe he learned to respect fellow Indians on this day. A lessons a few people in pdf can learn.
I disagree. Muslims should be allowed to profess their love for the nation that was specifically created for them. Constitutionally they can be stripped of citizenship, but there is no need to extract love for a non Muslim nation from a Muslim.

How is leading the Independence day celebration a mark of dishonor ?

He is free to express his opinion as long as he is willing to accept the consequences.

That he was made to clean up the police station could be seen as a punishment, but if he can praise NS a convicted criminal, then he would have no problem in cleaning up a police station.

Pointless tokenism. A handsome monetary compensation and a ticket to Pakistan (or any other Islamic state of his choice) should have been more humane. He is Muslim. He loves the country that was made for Muslims. The only contradiction is that his parents may not have been able to make the journey. The present Govt. should be more sensitive and allow him and his family to move to a place where he won't be punished for posting his PM's pictures and all.

I disagree. Muslims should be allowed to profess their love for the nation that was specifically created for them. Constitutionally they can be stripped of citizenship, but there is no need to extract love for a non Muslim nation from a Muslim.

You make a very good point.

But the cops made a more practical judgement and solution.

My bad. If he is not a cop, then the SP has no business to do this and that. Either advise him and let him off or charge him under law and let him face the court.

No point in making a court case and spoiling his life. It will become a permanent record.

Either advise him and let him off or charge him under law and let him face the court.
Our expectations are at fault here.

Think of this way. Half of my relatives are in another country - specially created for us - based on my religion. And I praise the PM of that country. What's the harm in that?

We should accept that fact that many don't swear allegiance to India and that IS FINE. We can take away their voter and Aadhaar card (and citizenship) but there is no need to punish these people. Except for severe criminal offenses, they should be accepted as people of a different nation and given some respect. Our nation should not become a jail for those who like other countries more. Especially if it is due to religion.

Sometimes india gets terrorist attacks, and the actual problem May be with india itself.

It would not matter since all my posts here is in defense of India.

Unlike the other chump which was AGAINST India.

A more stricter society is a natural response to islamic terrorism and anti Hindu sentiments. That is the natural order of things. No surprise here.

You mean implement the law but choose a milder form of punishment taking his youth into consideration ? I sure hope so.

So much for freedom of speech... by your own standards Modi holding Nawaz Sharif is guilty of treason versus a guy with a picture of Nawaz Sharif on his Facebook.

Curious what is your response to Hindutva terrorism of lynching and raping?

Good on you. Make sure you do "enforce" your law to rest of the Muslims as well who happen to have soft corner for Pakistan. The are plenty suspects in the clip below. ISI needs to wrap up its India desk, the "Indian laws" will put ISI agents out of work.

You have not uploaded the entire video..they were not indian muslims who were cheering ..it was shared with wrong information to incite hindu muslim hatred.
At the end of the video it was revealed that it was a pakistanimvideo..the news channel detected it from the logo of ptv sports which was on the projector.

Last edited:
So much for freedom of speech... by your own standards Modi holding Nawaz Sharif is guilty of treason versus a guy with a picture of Nawaz Sharif on his Facebook.

Curious what is your response to Hindutva terrorism of lynching and raping?

Modi holding Nawaz sharif does not constitute "unnatural s-e-x" in India.

There is not "hindutva" lynching and "raping" , unless you admit to "islamic" lynching and raping.

Ok scratch that. you do have Islamic lynching as per the sharia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom