What's new

Indian nuke subs game-changer in next war : Pak analyst

I think for the first 4-5 years maybe even the entire 10 year lease, the Chakra will be used almost purely as a training platform to get enough nuke sub crews up to scratch. However once the S1 to S5 is in service the need for a dedicated training platform in the form of the Chakra will be seriously diminished so the IN either gives the boat back or exercises the option to buy it outright and operate it as an offensive SSN. There can be no doubt though that the talks for a second and possibly even third hull are not seeking more training boats but full-blown SSNs.

Yaara subs operate on training patrols and can still turnaround for active ops. Ergo the armed munitions instead of inert ones.
@he-man nothing more than a Klub (533mm diameter) can be launched from the Chakra and that's how the IN likes it. Only towards the latter part of the next decade will you see the S-2 to S-5 take up a dedicated SSGN role.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one is nuking you. IF it came down to it a DTSLBM like the K-15 can only be optionally used for a decapitation strike- so IF and WHEN we go genocidal and are willing to embrace MAD then you can worry. Although the K-4 indeed can be used for the bread and butter deterrence.

who need nukes for pakistan??

sunny_deol_border_20070521.jpg

Pataaa nahin kaun kaun seii Acronyms use kar rahaa haiii ! :undecided:

DTSLBM- Depressed trajectory submarine launched ballistic missile- meant to fly a depressed ballistic trajectory at high velocities to make interception very difficult.

MAD- Mutually assured destruction, you turn into sajji and so do I.

who need nukes for pakistan??

sunny_deol_border_20070521.jpg

Yaar!

He's the weapon of LAST RESORT. When all else is lost. :cheesy:

DTSLBM- Depressed trajectory submarine launched ballistic missile- meant to fly a depressed ballistic trajectory at high velocities to make interception very difficult.

MAD- Mutually assured destruction, you turn into sajji and so do I.

Yaar!

He's the weapon of LAST RESORT. When all else is lost. :cheesy:
i think only 2 ppl will never get a pakistan visa

1)sunny deol
2)arnab goswami of times now

the first para made me Lol- and of course pitty the knowledge of wannabe defense analyst-

Going by the history- Every thing built indian- creates problems after the first trials- which then takes decades to solve-
like LCA- Arjun- the Aircraft Carrier- and missiles- Lol-

but the most technical of all a submarine will be fully operational in 6 months because the wanabe defence analyst sez so- Lol-

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you kidding me love Arnab Goswami - Hes the cultured, educated & somewhat slightly more believable polar opposite of Zaid Hamid !

And far more articulate, let us not forget that. Man I should have become an anchor on a show like that.:frown:

And far more articulate, let us not forget that. Man I should have become an anchor on a show like that.:frown:

Dunno about the articulation....he seems to have a Verbal Diarrhea every time a thought crosses his mind !

Hes a really....really bad anchor but an extremely entertaining at that !

but obviously no match for you......LOL at 3/4 in maintenance.

There was no significant Indian retaliation, since 75% of the Indian naval vessels were undergoing maintenance or refitting in the harbor.

I never claimed to be a analyst but it looks like pointing out the inaccuracy has touched your nerve .

Also never knew that 75% is not 3/4 in pakistan .....pakistani mathematics !!! ...... LOL

Even US and Soviet Union had nuclear submarine accidents.[USS Thresher (SSN-593) , USS Scorpion (SSN-589) , Soviet_submarine_K-27 , Soviet_submarine_K-8].. and unfortunately India also did have an accident recently. What's the big deal? India has been operating nuke subs from decades and has enough experience and accidents do happen. These have been no accidents for PN as you can only dream of something of this sort in your inventory.

1. Our accident was on a conventional submarine not a nuke one .

2. Pakistan had sub accidents in the past . Remember PNS Ghazi .

Even US and Soviet Union had nuclear submarine accidents.[USS Thresher (SSN-593) , USS Scorpion (SSN-589) , Soviet_submarine_K-27 , Soviet_submarine_K-8].. and unfortunately India also did have an accident recently. What's the big deal? India has been operating nuke subs from decades and has enough experience and accidents do happen. These have been no accidents for PN as you can only dream of something of this sort in your inventory.

Indian sub accident was a kilo class sub. Not a nuclear sub.

And India have not operated nuclear subs for decades. India lease a sub in late 80s but returned in early 90s. And India just least an Akula. India never inducted another nuclear sub. The home made ones are still not inducted. Because India has virtually no nuclear subs, India never have any nuclear sub accidents. Because how can you have an accident when it barely operate lease subs of an established platform for a few years.

as Next follow on Arihant sub will be inducted in naval force, Arihant class will be converted into SSGN.

Yes, and what year would that be?

akulas are just for training i think,,,,,,,,,,,,and maybe even detection purposes as they are very silent and have good sensor suite................apart from that they just have low range missiles only

russian akulas have both dude,,,,thats why!!

Russian akula are not SSBN. They are SSGN. So don't confuse the people any further.

Are you kidding me love Arnab Goswami - Hes the cultured, educated & somewhat slightly more believable polar opposite of Zaid Hamid !

ask the pakistani guests who come to debate:cheesy:

Dunno about the articulation....he seems to have a Verbal Diarrhea every time a thought crosses his mind !

Hes a really....really bad anchor but an extremely entertaining at that !

man he is just anti-establishment,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anarchist who wants to bring down everything

Back
Top Bottom