What's new

India wants to fight Pakistan conventionally,Pakistan wants to jump from subconventional to nuclear

Yes, the expense as a percentage of GDP is sustainable, and the dividends will accrue as the economic base continues to grow. Keeping up the defenses against the bigger neighbor to the North has the potential to do to India what it intends to do to Pakistan, so it has to be a fine balancing act. Whether India can manage to do so remains to be seen.
As far as China is concerned, this mindless spending is somehow understandable. The Chinese will maintain a respectful restraint upon themselves as long as India is well prepared in conventional warfare. But, in case of Pakistan this is not the case. It seems they have answer for every possible Indian military aggression: Nasr. Pakistan's spending on its military so far has been quite wise, but how long it will rely on its conventional deterrence is a matter of extreme worry for Indian military planners.

As far as China is concerned, this mindless spending is somehow understandable. The Chinese will maintain a respectful restraint upon themselves as long as India is well prepared in conventional warfare. But, in case of Pakistan this is not the case. It seems they have answer for every possible Indian military aggression: Nasr. Pakistan's spending on its military so far has been quite wise, but how long it will rely on its conventional deterrence is a matter of extreme worry for Indian military planners.

Both India and Pakistan have moved into the era of M.A.D. and we have the example of recent history how economics becomes the deciding factor between nuclear rivals as the only viable long term strategy. The military planners of course will still worry and plan accordingly, but the wiser political control structures should work well enough to make economic war the preferred choice.

speed of babur is less than 16.3 Km per minute and it has to travel at least 500-750 Km before reaching its nearest target giving 15-20 minutes india to destroy it and its your fastes cruise missile

pdSq8E6.jpg
tomahawk missile is still the world best and its slow too.
Slow missiles are difficult to track and they are stealthy and accurate.

Both India and Pakistan have moved into the era of M.A.D. and we have the example of recent history how economics becomes the deciding factor between nuclear rivals as the only viable long term strategy. The military planners of course will still worry and plan accordingly, but the wiser political control structures should work well enough to make economic war the preferred choice.
I am getting what you said. But point is, would Pakistan fall into this trap? I guess, no. Pakistanis are somehow heavily relying on the assumption that Indians wouldnt do anything drastic, be it full scale, CS anything as it might escalate to a N-conflict. Maintaining a military installation is in fact quite expensive, but it has its worth given they can never match with India's conventional military spending.

I am getting what you said. But point is, would Pakistan fall into this trap? I guess, no. Pakistanis are somehow heavily relying on the assumption that Indians wouldnt do anything drastic, be it full scale, CS anything as it might escalate to a N-conflict. Maintaining a military installation is in fact quite expensive, but it has its worth given they can never match with India's conventional military spending.

Would Pakistan fall into this trap? I would suggest that it already has!

Will you please shed some more light on to it? Its getting interesting.

I would, if I cared enough to maintain my participation level on PDF as I once used to do. I don't. Too much targeted hatred aided by the management has had its effects. :D

just look at what india devlopedor got in last 20 years after kargil ...... T90s & Arjuns + LCH & Apaches besides Apaches & M777+ K9 SPGs and smerch + pinaka 1 & 2 MRBLs plus new range of phalcon AWACS & israeli drones & SAMS & Radars & Sattelite survivellence ..... in short a smart and defncive multi layered but cost effective system .... but compare it with yours all your efforsts were to defeate so called CSD .... so what was the end result :haha:

ok let me show you a mirror and next time you should remember these things before making tall claims.

India’s has obsolete army and air force is still using “flying coffins” after 40 years of procuremen
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/indi...-coffins-after-40-years-of-procuremen.552442/

Indian Army says its equipment is obsolete and not ready for war
A series of deep budgetary cuts has eroded the Indian Army's war fighting capabilities, the Vice-Chief has told Parliament
http://www.atimes.com/article/indian-army-says-equipment-obsolete-not-ready-war/

68% of Indian military equipment is ‘vintage’ say officials
https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/68-of-indian-military-equipment-is-vintage-say-officials/

Army Using Obsolete Combat Vehicles As Project Not Cleared For 8 Years
Infantry Combat Vehicles (ICVs), also known as Armoured Personnel Carriers, lie at the heart of Indian Army's operations in any war against Pakistan.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/arm...-as-project-not-cleared-since-8-years-1827761

India Grounds Most of Original Arjun Tanks
https://www.defensenews.com/land/2015/05/07/india-grounds-most-of-original-arjun-tanks/

a shameless moron like you can only fire big words knowing that the in the world there is only Indian Army who is failed to provide a quality bullet proof helmet and in 21st century indian army soldeirs are still using patka type topi
also unable to provide a better assault riffle

30+ year passed and still you guyz are waiting invisible tejas, HAL Dharv failed, Arjun Faild, Tejas failed and refused by Indian Navy and Air force respectively but later IAF decided to induct few of these useless birds as symbolic. Indian Navy tops in incompetence, your so called mighty indian airforce crashed 7 aircraft last year and in jan 19 we witnessed the first crash. Your so called Shupa Powa indian army is failed to feed its hungry soldiers. Even your missiles are so dangerous because they hit back hard at the launch site.

half of your tanks are obsolete and unable to move a inch and you are claiming here the achievment of India by engaging Pakistan CSD truck ki batti :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha: salute to your delusional comments :sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper:

I would, if I cared enough to maintain my participation level on PDF as I once used to do. I don't. Too much targeted hatred aided by the management has had its effects. :D
Ok, Haider sahaab.:cry:

Ok, Haider sahaab.:cry:

Please do not take this the wrong way. I know I would enjoy the discussion, but the present prejudiced environment does not permit me such a luxury. Perhaps others may be allowed to discuss what I have suggested above.

Please do not take this the wrong way. I know I would enjoy the discussion, but the present prejudiced environment does not permit me such a luxury. Perhaps others may be allowed to discuss what I have suggested above.
Since I know you for quite a long time, no question of taking you 'otherwise' :-)

There is a strong reason why your ex P.M had to run to U.S.A during 1999 and then the country saw a lot of developments from a military coup to a decade and more of dictatorship. And as far as I know none of the so called world went to suck any banana that time.

You know what, when you can't out smart a fox, use his smartness against him. I Guess you will never understated that. :-):-):-)

He have to go there bcoz you were whining like dehati aurat, whining with IDs of Pakistani soldiers on international media and we were invaders, so he have to calm your tits and bits to assure we are not about to wipe you out yet, we will wait till you fill your "pappon ka katora". (not applied to if you invade and we use whatever we have) anyways we achieve our objectives, first we capture too much and then left useless and kept what was needed, we still hold very strategic positions like point 5353. Musharraf never planned to invade or conquer whole Kashmir.

Last edited:
The likelihood of a nuke war is low....

Pakistan now has the conventional capability and battle hardened troops who will take care of armour. If we engage armour with armour we may lose due to the heavy odds against us but if we deploy anti tank troops like the egyptians did agaisnt the israelis and we did in the sialkot sector then you may see very different results. I do not see indian airforce dominating. They odds now are lower than before and i think PAF will hold its own very well. It will not be an easy ride for eaither side and result will be a stalemate

Absolutely i am pakistani. And you are not even indian....you are the genetic crap of india.
What can troops do if PAF is destroyed and IAF is raining down cluster bombs

Guided ammunition didnt exist before gulf war and are very new in indo pak situation

IAF still legs when it comes to cold start but in future when they complete 120+tejas 64 rafale and 120 light fighter PAF will be in trouble

Unless we fix our economy which wont happen as People of Pakistan might vote back same old corrupt bunch back

Indian counter part to NASR has 3 times the range, can carry both miniaturized nuclear as well as conventional warhead, has shoot and scoot, quick reaction capability. A single truck carries 6 missiles as opposed to 2 or 4 missiles carried by NASR truck.

The only difference, it has not been advertised as much as Nasr, has been by Pakistan.

Prahaar-tatical-Missile.jpg
then what keeps you away from a war ?dont are you expecting us to fight on ur conditions?

Question is, can Pakistan risk using it's TNWs on Indian IBGs which would give India an opportunity to launch a full scale N-attack on major Pakistani cities which are infact not too many?
Full Fledged Nuclear War :) . obviously .
every thing is fair in War . :) . you cant dictate your opponent what yo use what not to . :)

Back
Top Bottom