What's new

India VS WI

Why would you not want Pant instead of Vijay Shankar? He is not delivering.. Nor is he being tried with the ball... So Pant is a good option to try out especially against SL I'd say
If you ask me, we should play bhuvaneshwar instead of shankar if he is fit...we can defend even 200 with a bowling attack like we have.there wont be any need of a 5th bowler too...

India eliminated WI from worldcup, but still India has not fully confirmed Semi Finals place and in further matches even try toping the points table so if it qualifies to Semis, as No.1 it will have to play 4th place Semi finalist.

India eliminated WI from worldcup, but still India has not fully confirmed Semi Finals place and in further matches even try toping the points table so if it qualifies to Semis, as No.1 it will have to play 4th place Semi finalist.
India has actually. India is virtually into the semis. With 11 points and highest NRR of 1.16 from 6 games played and 3 games to go still.
Mathematically the only team that can get ahead of India in points table is SriLanka if they can manage to win all 3 remaining matches while India somehow loses all three matches (very unlikely). Not possible for Bangladesh or Pakistan to get India out.
Only if current 5,6,7 i.e. Bangladesh, Pakistan and SriLanka win all their remaining matches, will there be any chance of India getting out of World Cup but that isn't possible. Why? Because Bangladesh plays against Pakistan in 5th of July and one of them is going to lose.

The team most likely to be displaced from current top 4 team is England and the team most likely to dislodge them is Pakistan because Pakistan team has two relatively easy matches against Afghanistan and Bangladesh.

If Sri Lanka gets in top 4, Pakistan and Bangladesh gets out.

Pakistan team will hope both Blue Shirts and Black Cap beat Englishmen. Pak fans will back their team to beat both Afghanistan and Bangladesh due to their surge team's current surge in performance.

If somehow England wins against India but loses against Black caps, it will make Bangladesh vs Pakistan a pressure match and interesting to watch.

The issue is... Our bowling is mostly sorted (with or without bhuvi or vijay shankar)... The problem area is batting... If shankar delivers with bat and the middle order gets strength, things will get better.
If you ask me, we should play bhuvaneshwar instead of shankar if he is fit...we can defend even 200 with a bowling attack like we have.there wont be any need of a 5th bowler too...

Back
Top Bottom