What's new

India, UAE Train Guns on Pakistan

Let them take it as personal as they like. It was a parliamentarian decision whether they like it or not. They wouldnt understand how parliaments work. They'll maybe get over it one day, the Yemen war isn't our fight anyways why should we care. The day they provide support for Kashmiri freedom fighters would be the day I say lets get involve in Yemen ;)
Hope our Pakistani masses stop sucking the thump of muslim ummah and Islam ka qila....crap

ABP Live - English News, Today’s Latest Breaking News in English, Online English News

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday claimed he had won India key support from the United Arab Emirates against state-sponsored terrorism and took pot shots at Pakistan, while insisting he believes in dialogue, days ahead of bilateral talks.

He also publicly rapped his government's own embassy in Abu Dhabi, targeted his predecessors, overlooked even former NDA Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee's foreign policy efforts and claimed credit for long-active schemes.

Modi fluffed his lines, too, referring to Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina as that country's President.

"Today, we have told the world our relationship (between India and the UAE) isn't only about Rs 4.5 lakh crore investments," Modi told a cricket stadium packed with an estimated 40,000 Indian community members in Dubai this evening.

"Today we have told the world we stand together, side by side, against terrorism in all its forms."

Modi's address to the Indian diaspora capped a two-day trip to the UAE, where he visited a mosque, walked through a neighbourhood of Indian labourers, drove down to a "hi-tech" city, and talked diplomacy over a lavish lunch spread.

A joint statement by India and the UAE after an afternoon meeting between Modi and Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al Nahyan, the crown prince and number two in the UAE hierarchy, underscored a deepening strategic relationship.

The relationship has traditionally been trapped in economics, including Indian purchase of oil, and issues concerning the 2.6 million Indians in the UAE. On Monday, too, the Gulf nation committed to investing $75 billion in India.

But it is in the talks on terrorism that India insisted it had snatched a major victory.

The UAE and India "call on all nations to fully respect and sincerely implement their commitment to resolve disputes bilaterally and peacefully without resorting to violence and terrorism", the joint statement said.

"They condemned efforts, including by states, to use religion to justify, support or sponsor terrorism against other countries."

It remains unclear, however, whether the UAE will give up support for "Kashmiri aspirations" --- a euphemism Gulf states and other members of the Organisation of Islamic Countries have frequently used to poke India on its territorial disputes with Pakistan.

The national security advisers of India and the UAE will meet every six months, and the nations will host regular counter-terrorism meetings, Modi and the crown prince decided at a time the spectre of a growing Islamic State is worrying both nations. The UAE is part of the US-led coalition engaged in aerial warfare with the IS in Iraq and Syria.

India has piloted a comprehensive convention against international terrorism (CCIT) at the UN, aimed at punishing states that distinguish between terrorists, supporting some by arguing their cause legitimate.

Pakistan, which calls Kashmiri separatists "freedom fighters", has managed to garner support from other West Asian Islamic nations against the convention.

But on Monday, the UAE agreed to work with India "together for the adoption of India's proposal on the CCIT", the joint statement said.

"I want to thank the crown prince for that," Modi said at the evening address before speaking about Pakistan.

"Good Taliban, bad Taliban, good terrorism, bad terrorism, will not work any more. The world needs to split into two groups --- those states that support terrorists and those that are completely against terrorists."

He took more jibes at Pakistan, speaking days ahead of talks between national security adviser Ajit Doval, who has travelled with Modi to the UAE, and his Pakistani counterpart Sartaj Aziz.

Modi referred to a proposal for a regional motor vehicles agreement that he had pushed at a regional summit in Kathmandu last November.

"We tried to get collective connectivity in Kathmandu, but as you know, some people had problems," he said today, pausing for effect, referring to Pakistan's opposition that prevented Saarc from inking it. "But should we stop because some people have problems?"

Yet Modi also said: "Only dialogue can resolve disputes, even between neighbours."

He highlighted diplomatic accomplishments under his government, such as the transit pact India had inked with Bangladesh, Bhutan and Nepal to circumvent Pakistani opposition to the bigger Saarc agreement.

He referred to two online grievance registration systems the ministry of overseas Indian affairs had started --- called the Madad and e-migrant mechanisms --- through which diaspora members can seek help from New Delhi or their nearest embassy.

But late in his speech, Modi also spoke of how "the Indian Community Welfare Fund has been set up, to assist those of you in any trouble, with financial help". The fund was set up under UPA rule five years ago.

Talking of the Land Boundary Agreement with Bangladesh, Modi cited how "last September (in New York) I had met Bangladesh Rashtrapati (President) Sheikh Hasina". Hasina is Prime Minister of Bangladesh.

Modi said he knew of the Indian community's concerns at the efficiency of the e-migrant system in the UAE. He then went on haul up his own mission -- unusual for a visiting Indian leader.

"I have told them, 'You have to improve the system within 30 days'," Modi said.

As he had in South Korea and Canada, Modi obliquely criticised past governments. He is the first Indian Prime Minister in 34 years to visit the UAE.

"There are 700 flights between India and the UAE each week, yet no Indian PM has found the time to visit here in 34 years," he told a group of Emirati investors in the morning before repeating himself to the Indian community in the evening.

"From Delhi, it does not take even 70 minutes to fly to Nepal. "But before I went last year, no PM found the time for 17 years."

Modi had overlooked that the first BJP Prime Minister, Vajpayee, had visited Nepal in 2002 for the Saarc summit

Hope our Pakistani masses stop sucking the thump of muslim ummah and Islam ka qila....crap

countries do what is in their best economic/security interests - security and economy go hand in hand you cant have one without the other.....that's one thing I think we are learning slowly. Pakistan does and should do the same.

Many members of the Pakistani intelligence community (including a recently retired DG-ISI) have underaken consulting or direct jobs with the UAE's internal security services.....the chances of UAE "training its guns" on Pakistan are slim to none.

I'll give credit to these indians for coming up with sensationalist "56 inch chest" headlines for their FART-icles all aimed for local consumption.
It's just baffling, this brouhaha over the UAE visit among the Indian chattering classes.

If you dig into all the statements about 'combating terrorism, the flow of funds towards terrorism etc", they essentially reference the policies of the UAE and their Saudi buddies. Both of these countries are among the primary sources of financing for the Taliban (Afghan and Pakistan) and various other sectarian extremist and terrorist groups plaguing Pakistan. The JuD (yes, Hafiz Saeed of former Lashkar-e-Taiba fame) was part of the few protests led by religious groups denouncing Pakistan's decision to not participate in the Yemen conflict. I believe some of these groups even declared their intent to join the conflict in Yemen of their own accord if the Pakistani government did not change its position.

So who do the Indian's think is a major source of funding for their Public Enemy No. 1 and associated groups?

I for one would send a personal letter of thanks to Modi if he somehow manages to convince the Emirati and Saudi leadership to cut of the export of money and manpower (from UAE and SA) to terrorist and religious extremist groups.

I agree, and it was refreshing to see the increased number of voices against the Saudi and Emirati demands on Yemen when that conflict started.

The point here is simply that the UAE and Saudis can run around in the rain singing Bollywood songs with Modi, Gandhi or whoever, but the Pakistan-GCC relationship going forward has to change. Attitudes like those displayed by Gargash and a Kuwaiti government official exist because Pakistan has allowed them to, and we need to continue on this path of changing our relationships with the GCC to equals, regardless of how many item numbers the Saudis and Emiratis do with the Indians.

Many members of the Pakistani intelligence community (including a recently retired DG-ISI) have underaken consulting or direct jobs with the UAE's internal security services.....the chances of UAE "training its guns" on Pakistan are slim to none.

I'll give credit to these indians for coming up with sensationalist "56 inch chest" headlines for their FART-icles all aimed for local consumption.
and we look at this in a different light,so many intelligence officers working for money even after retiremnt,that gold mine.

who ever modi visits does not make that country our enemy - Indians needs to grow up- their mentality is childish and their logics are stupid-

and we look at this in a different light,so many intelligence officers working for money even after retiremnt,that gold mine.

if some opt to do it then nothing wrong with it as long as they dont disseminate state secrets of Pakistan - which I can guarantee you they wouldnt....ISI chooses its people very methodically and that's why its disciplined the way it is

what retired officers do is their own business otherwise......i can name CIA officers who retired and went on to advise foreign governments (including to the Saudis, British, Ukrainian, etc.)

It's just baffling, this brouhaha over the UAE visit among the Indian chattering classes.

If you dig into all the statements about 'combating terrorism, the flow of funds towards terrorism etc", they essentially reference the policies of the UAE and their Saudi buddies. Both of these countries are among the primary sources of financing for the Taliban (Afghan and Pakistan) and various other sectarian extremist and terrorist groups plaguing Pakistan. The JuD (yes, Hafiz Saeed of former Lashkar-e-Taiba fame) was part of the few protests led by religious groups denouncing Pakistan's decision to not participate in the Yemen conflict. I believe some of these groups even declared their intent to join the conflict in Yemen of their own accord if the Pakistani government did not change its position.[

So who do the Indian's think is a major source of funding for their Public Enemy No. 1 and associated groups?

I for one would send a personal letter of thanks to Modi if he somehow manages to convince the Emirati and Saudi leadership to cut of the export of money and manpower (from UAE and SA) to terrorist and religious extremist groups.

the hilarious part is that Dawood Ibrahim wasn't brought up when in fact he's most likely in Dubai....he's on a first name basis with many princes in AD and Dubai and in fact has many financial interests there

no "brouhaha" over that :laugh:

a day doesnt go by when the hawks and media anchors there dont bring up this evidently elusive character's name

again - it's all cosmetic and for local indian consumption....they often accuse us of conspiring agains them while we have accused them of conspiring against Pakistan. Works both ways.

NEW DELHI: On Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s first trip to West Asia, India and United Arab Emirates relations have undergone a major facelift.

The Gulf nation fully backed India’s stance on the need to dismantle terror infrastructure, pushed for deeper counter-terrorism cooperation and even suggested a reassessment of traditional positions that favoured Pakistan, even as bilateral relations were upgraded to a ‘comprehensive strategic partnership’.

At the end of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s two-day visit on Monday, the joint statement marked a major convergence on security, trade and terror issues and a departure from the past in bilateral relations, when UAE had leaned heavily towards Pakistan on Kashmir.

At the meeting on Monday, Crown Prince Mohamed Bin Zayed al Nahyan and Modu called “on all nations to fully respect and sincerely implement their commitments to resolve disputes bilaterally and peacefully, without resorting to violence and terrorism”.

MEA spokesperson Vikas Swarup tweeted this line with the tag ‘breakthrough’ to indicate the elation on the Indian side. Sources indicated that this was a vindication of India’s stance that all issues of outstanding nature with Pakistan could be discussed bilaterally under the Lahore declaration and the Shimla agreement.

This comes after Pakistan and UAE had gone through strained relations after Islamabad had refused to contribute troops for the GCC coalition that intervened in Yemen against the Houthi rebels. At that time, UAE Minister of State for foreign affairs Anwar Mohammed Gargash - with whom Modi took a selfie on Sunday - said that Pakistan could pay a “heavy price” for its “ambiguous stance”.

The bilateral document focused sharply on terrorism — the first time both countries strongly converged on the issue. It asserted that both leaders agreed to “denounce and oppose terrorism in all forms and manifestations, wherever committed and by whomever, calling on all states to reject and abandon the use of terrorism against other countries, dismantle terrorism infrastructures where they exist, and bring perpetrators of terrorism to justice”.

For the first time, India and UAE have set up a dialogue between between their National Security Advisors and National Security Councils. “The National Security Advisors, together with other high level representatives for security from both nations, will meet every six months. The two sides will also establish points of contact between their security agencies to further improve operational cooperation,” said the joint statement.

There was also concurrence to work together on controlling, regulating and sharing information on flow of funds toward radicalisation activities.An interesting bilateral initiative will be to coordinate efforts to “counter radicalisation and misuse of religion by groups and countries for inciting hatred, perpetrating and justifying terrorism or pursuing political aims”.

India, UAE Train Guns on Pakistan in Anti-terror Push -The New Indian Express

Add to this some more points from the joint statement

XIII. Cooperate in manufacture of defence equipment in India.

That equipment to be used for killing Pakistanis.

XII. Strengthen defence relations, including through regular exercises and training of naval, air, land and Special Forces, and in coastal defence

V. Work together for the adoption of India’s proposed Comprehensive convention on International Terrorism in the United Nations.

Finally
Narendra Modi uses Dubai to send strong message to Pakistan to stop aiding terrorism | Latest News & Gossip on Popular Trends at India.com

The U.A.E allowed someone who is considered a mass murderer and a radical hindu by Pakistanis to spew venom against Pakistan on its soil.

Hopefully this wakes some poodles up !
No body is going to wake up you need to grow up. This trip gives nothing to Modi childish Indian media hardly understands international issue and acts like a 4 year old kid. Some fools in Pakistan falls for Indian media crap. So understand issues than talk our relation with GCC are far far far far more stronger than to get shaken by this Modi.

I am glad about this. I hope Pakistani's wake upto the reality that UAE has been funding India. Funding that will circulate into bullets and bombs that our boys on the border face every day.
No they aren't you need to understand world politics first and our relations with GCC before coming up with most hilarious points

if some opt to do it then nothing wrong with it as long as they dont disseminate state secrets of Pakistan - which I can guarantee you they wouldnt....ISI chooses its people very methodically and that's why its disciplined the way it is

what retired officers do is their own business otherwise......i can name CIA officers who retired and went on to advise foreign governments (including to the Saudis, British, Ukrainian, etc.)

I know about advisers .and its their business what they do with their retired life.
i can aslo guarantee you that we have our assets in ISI.

I am not sure of training any guns.

For me the greater take away is the growing acceptance ( & voicing it) of Pak being the fountain head of terrorism , coming from a financially powerful Muslim state it ought to rings bells.

I am not sure of training any guns.

For me the greater take away is the growing acceptance ( & voicing it) of Pak being the fountain head of terrorism , coming from a financially powerful Muslim state it ought to rings bells.
That "financially powerful Muslim state" has it's hands in the creation of ISIS, apart from funding AQ and other terror groups.

India will make it's own terrorists or make relations with terror supporters when it comes to national interests. Nothing surprising. And as for UAE, these cry baby sheikhs are p*ssed that we didn't send our troops in Yemen and that's all.

Yes we are. I am one of them. Nothing wrong with working to earn your bread in this world. We don't all have oil, oil, oil, oil and gas.

we are blessed by a huge diversity of climates and natural resources and manpower skilled, medium skilled and unskilled.....oil has more often than not been a curse in many ways. I say that while I proudly fill my vehicle with that good stuff :D

it will run out one day though!

Exactly, after being sucked dry of our wealth by the all mighty Ali Saleh in Yemen im here in good old Britain studying, of course i would rather earn my bread in my home land but it wouldn't have been possible. Love and respect to all my pakistani brothers.

Do you support Pakistan's neutrality with regard to the Yemen crisis? (i.e. Parliament determining that it is not worth sending our military manpower and resources to join the fight against Houthi tribal insurgents)

That "financially powerful Muslim state" has it's hands in the creation of ISIS, apart from funding AQ and other terror groups.

India will make it's own terrorists or make relations with terror supporters when it comes to national interests. Nothing surprising. And as for UAE, these cry baby sheikhs are p*ssed that we didn't send our troops in Yemen and that's all.

One is aware of the background. After having kept OBL in Abbotabad, Pak is the last country in the world which can point fingers at others.

I still maintain the take away for India as mentioned in my previous post

Lol thats a cute article,

back in Late 70's the Pakistani personnel actually built the UAE's Air Force, we provided them with training, logistics and Pilots to this day, they had bought first batch of Mirages and Pakistanis already had plenty of experience when it comes to flying Mirages.
many of the pilots in UAE's Af tend to be Pakistani's so I doubt that any Indians would easily try to replace Pakistan's position and Importance when it specifically comes to defense..

who ever modi visits does not make that country our enemy - Indians needs to grow up- their mentality is childish and their logics are stupid-

It's all for local consumption so that modi can be re-elected...anyone with a half a brain can see right through them. Even this recent meeting was purely cosmetic. Little will come out of it. In fact I dont think the UAE has even altered its stance with regards to Kashmir, or will hand over Dawood Ibrahim

Lol thats a cute article,

back in Late 70's the Pakistani personnel actually built the UAE's Air Force, we provided them with training, logistics and Pilots to this day, they had bought first batch of Mirages and Pakistanis already had plenty of experience when it comes to flying Mirages.

true

many of the pilots in UAE's Af tend to be Pakistani's so I doubt that any Indians would easily try to replace Pakistan's position and Importance when it specifically comes to defense..

this used to be the case but not as much anymore.....instructors yes but not pilots

Back
Top Bottom