What's new

India Stands with World against Israel at UNHR Council

Majority of Indians on PDF right now:

Probably you have not noticed but this is a regulation whining resolution and acquiescing to it had no negative externalities for India.

and i could bet that no one on this forum has even a faint understanding of International law which if applied would do nothing except providing legitimacy to Israeli offensive. If have posted extensively on this issue in this forum itself. International law allows for disproportionate attacks by virtue of the fact that it does not define the meaning of disproportionate.

This was nothing except one of those good for nothing except propaganda resolution. Legally, If Hamas fires rocket, Israel has a right to bomb Gaza to a rubble.

Did you not just claim that yourself? The biggest Indian diaspora in the world is found in the GCC. It's highly plausible that the GCC told India to at least not support Israel blindly.

Most of gulf diaspora is of low quality as ascertained from facts that Remittances from US to India are more than that from Gulf even though NRI's in US are 1/10 th in number compared to those collectively in Gulf.

I guess this proves that Islamic countries have influence. That's good :)

More likely proves that UN is a shithole; Not that Islamic countries do not have influence, but a shitty resolution in a useless organisation is not a barometer of that.

"Do not bite the finger that feeds you" is a pretty relevant saying in this case.

I am sure that GCC must have pressured India in some way or another but the keyboard
warriors here will not admit it.

The remittances form gulf play such a microscopic role in Indian economy that Gulfies could never pressure India by using remittances card.

Spineless government.... Totally Spineless....
the government made a decision best for its county considering over 150 million muslims live in india who have been protesting against israel…..
being able to buy a few rockets and drones wasn't worth it i guess…
i always did like modi secretly… i know that guy is going to be a disappointment for you guys as far as foreign policy will go…

One layer of indian deception and Chak Bamu's sense of understanding of politics, specially indian one, collapsed. This UNHCR vote has little or no significance and non binding and india is well aware of that. When it came to take official indian stand, indian govt rejected the resolution.

India as usual used its duplicity to deceive gullible class and guess who has fallen for it. Indians offcouse laughing at the back.

Its not about my understanding of Indian politics or Politics in general. Its about putting things in perspective at PDF. I can guess the relevance and I did comment on this aspect in one of my posts. I wish you had read that before you tried to guess my political acumen.

India Stands with World against Israel at UNHR Council | Page 4

BTW, it would be a good idea to show your flags.

What are you? Echo-man???

BJP have habbit of licking muslim feet once come into power. They forget what happened to L K Advani when he said something regarding Jinnah in Pakistan. I hope Modi will soon beat the dust.

This is a very very sub-standard post. Typical emotional knee-jerk reaction.

Are South American democracies 'licking muslim feet'? Is South Africa doing the same? Where is you sense of balance?

Last edited:
We are not against Israel. This was to ask for peace from both the sides.

Simply put, we'd have openly supported Israel but for geopolitical compulsions (and it is not the myth of 150 muslims staring us down).

Israelis know this which is why they don't get worried with all these symbolic gestures.

Last edited:
Israel is a cancer on the face of Humanity and sooner or later we have to operate and remove this cancer.
No offence..(I am not Trolling)!...The biggest cancer is Hamas..the Palestinians need to self operate and remove it....The pain for the poor Palestinians is due to Hamas/Hezbollah...Israel is here to stay..live with it..!

As @Chinese-Dragon said one veto from USA and none of these votes from other countries will make a difference.

U.N. is a useless organization for the Muslim cause.

un-able.jpg
You do realize that only 2 Security members voted..Russia and the USA...the remaining three abstained..(China, UK and France)...Now lets look at it with another angle ..... One Veto vote from Russia and none of these votes from other countries will make a difference.

U.N. is a useless organization for the Israeli cause.(Is the glass half full or half empty).

with regards to what's going on now in Gaza, do India even matter to Israel ? They're not exactly in the neighborhood, India isn't a big player in the region, and the US has got Israel's back anyway.

with regards to what's going on now in Gaza, do India even matter to Israel ? They're not exactly in the neighborhood, India isn't a big player in the region, and the US has got Israel's back anyway.

Yes, very much. Isreal more than just a strategic partner, it is an ally. We collaborate in many areas; defence, irrigation, software, and pharmaceuticals. But Congress govt threw its weight behind Palestine ,just to please Muslims. It was on Modi govt to undo the damage to Indo -Isreal ties done by Cong govt.

Spineless government.... Totally Spineless....

Not exactly. I am glad atleast that India havent wasted its vote on world issues. Its time to take a stand on any issues worldwide regardless of it affects GoI or not.
And I still believe this time, israel knows too well, that weapons are concentrated among urban centres. And local populace cannot do anything if the terrorist stockpile the weapons near their home. So many needless deaths, kids and womens.

India on Wednesday voted in support of a United Nations Human Rights Council UNHRC) resolution to launch a probe into Israel’s offensive on Gaza.

In the 47-member council, 29 countries voted in support of the resolution while 17 nations abstained. The US was the only nation to vote against the resolution. European countries abstained.

In what seems like a flip-flop, the Indian government recently voted with its BRICS partners to censure Israel, then tried to block a debate on Gaza in Parliament, and has now voted in Palestine’s favour.

The voting came as bloodbath in the Gaza Strip continued unabated on Wednesday with Israel and Hamas refusing to back down in the 16-day conflict that has killed over 680 Palestinians and 31 Israelis.

Earlier this month, India joined BRICS nations to vote for a Palestinian-drafted resolution on “Ensuring Respect for international law in The Occupied Palestinian Territories, including East Jersusalem”.

PM Narendra Modi, in his address at the Brics summit in Brazil, had spoken about India’s concerns and called for a negotiated settlement on the issue.

The Brics had come out with a strong position against Israel in their summit declaration, which is a traditional position of the grouping.

But back in Delhi, pushed by the Opposition to side with Palestine, the government was initially averse to a debate on Gaza in Parliament. Forced into a discussion, external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj said there was no change in India’s position on the issue.

The government was seen as keeping an equal distance from both sides before it again took Palestine’s side on Wednesday.

“We remain hopeful that a sustainable ceasefire will be reached between the two sides, linked to the resumption of the peace process, for a comprehensive resolution of the Palestinian issue,” India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Asoke Mukerji said.

India backs Palestine in UNHRC vote on Gaza - Hindustan Times

There are lots of debates and rage from Indian people as they were with BJP stance for not supporting either of one. However it seems India stance is favorize by BRICS and some extent by GCC countries.

My personal view is we should have abstained.

Yes, very much. Isreal more than just a strategic partner, it is an ally. We collaborate in many areas; defence, irrigation, software, and pharmaceuticals. But Congress govt threw its weight behind Palestine ,just to please Muslims. It was on Modi govt to undo the damage to Indo -Isreal ties done by Cong govt.
but many here only see purchase of arms and nothing else....
the tremendes benefit we are getting will always be ignored

India should have abstained, there was no reason to vote yes at this juncture.

If India needs to be taken seriously, it needs to develop an opinion, good or bad, on all relevant international issues. For far too long have we abstained, stayed non-aligned, neutral waghera waghera. It also takes spine to say to your ally that it is being wrong.

that is a given, But India's relations with Israel needs to surpass the defence paradigm.

Umm, why exactly?? What exactly has India stood to gain from a relationship with Israel that's beyond strategic defence collaboration?

And as for as reciprocation goes, has Israel ever proved that it is altruistic? It is ready to go against the US too if need be.

Back
Top Bottom