What's new

India Stands with World against Israel at UNHR Council

I have changed the Thread Title to reflect the reality of this resolution.

This is the start of a process that USA can not veto.

I feel like thanking South America as a whole; China, India, Philippines, South Africa, and Mexico too.

This may not change much of anything, but it certainly will increase Israel's isolation in the world and give an effective tool to shame Israel. This may not work with Israel, but it will certainly cause changes in European, and American public opinion.

that is a given, But India's relations with Israel needs to surpass the defence paradigm.

Indian leaders are not stupid or as anti-Muslim as many Indian keyboard warriors on PDF.

India knows that the Arab world is a huge market much, much bigger than Israel and with a much bigger potential. Aside from India having the largest Indian diaspora in the world in the GCC. Or the remittances that they are sending back home. Or the fact that it does not only concern the Arab world but the entire Islamic world.
Or that there are 200 million Muslim Indians as well.

India would do wisely to not try and alienate both sides or even 1.

I don't suppose it has occurred to you that India has always supported Palestine.

The only reason Indians on this board seem to take Israeli side is because of our dear western neighbors.

An Indo-Arab blunder?

Yes, after all India is also a observer state in the Arab League together with Brazil (very big Arab diaspora of almost 20 million people - 10% of the population), Venezuela (similar) and Eritrea (similar).

I have changed the Thread Title to reflect the reality of this resolution.

This is the start of a process that USA can not veto.

I feel like thanking South America as a whole; China, India, Philippines, South Africa, and Mexico too.

This may not change much of anything, but it certainly will increase Israel's isolation in the world and give an effective tool to shame Israel. This may not work with Israel, but it will certainly cause changes in European, and American public opinion.

Isolation would not be correct way. Better would be to have some big countries mediate the conflicting sides. Right now the entire world seems to have an observer role.

Case by case basis. This time it would have been immoral to not support Palestine.
how? Does morality reside in sending dossiers to perpetrators and making your foreign policy a laughing stock. If Hamas will fire rockets, Israel reserves the right to shoot back....

What do you have in mind?
India needs to change it's pro-Palestine policy and mind it's own business.

Isolation would not be correct way. Better would be to have some big countries mediate the conflicting sides. Right now the entire world seems to have an observer role.

No country other than USA can force Israel. Because of the most powerful lobby group in USA, AIPAC (American Israel Peace Action Committee), and huge Jewish diaspora that mostly supports Israel, we can safely assume that USA would do nothing.

It used to be that Israel never cared for World's opinion and was widely considered to be a rogue state. But in the last decade or so, Israel has integrated with Global trade, tourism, and media. That is why they are feeling the pinch already.

how? Does morality reside in sending dossiers to perpetrators and making your foreign policy a laughing stock. If Hamas will fire rockets, Israel reserves the right to shoot back....

Off course it does. And it has always been doing so. But Israel cannot do the same as Hamas (actually worse than Hamas as rarely Israelis die) and expect different reaction.

No country other than USA can force Israel. Because of the most powerful lobby group in USA, AIPAC (American Israel Peace Action Committee), and huge Jewish diaspora that mostly supports Israel, we can safely assume that USA would do nothing.

It used to be that Israel never cared for World's opinion and was widely considered to be a rogue state. But in the last decade or so, Israel has integrated with Global trade, tourism, and media. That is why they are feeling the pinch already.

As you said, now it cares. Didn't in the past some Arab country mediated in some way? My memory is hazy about the conflict.

GCC and Israhel:

Qatar-Israel2.jpg

photo_52301.jpg

امير-قطر-وأسرائيل.jpg

354420_133.jpg

Off course it does. And it has always been doing so. But Israel cannot do the same as Hamas (actually worse than Hamas as rarely Israelis die) and expect different reaction.
So security paradigm of a country is centered around metric of dead civilians?

In that case what is the magic number to retaliate
1 civilian = One 7.6 x 39mm
10= 1 80 mm mortar
20 = 1 155 mm Shell?
So on and so forth.

I am glad Israelis do not subscribe to such equations and shows the rest of the world, the value of their citizenry against external threat. Even if there is a shred of evidence of aggression against ones state, it reserves the right to retaliate as counter measure (even if preemptive in nature).... That is a strong defense policy, which is mostly an alien concept to us Indians.

there is no pinch... and rest assured there wont be any... it's just that India's vote has been very disappointing .

"Do not bite the finger that feeds you" is a pretty relevant saying in this case.

I am sure that GCC must have pressured India in some way or another but the keyboard
warriors here will not admit it.

It has nothing to do with that. India could have easily abstained from voting like 17 other nations and that would not have changed India's relationship with GCC. Personally I support this decision. This is a resolution for a UNHRC investigation commission, which is a valid issue given the humanitarian angle to this crisis.

"Do not bite the finger that feeds you" is a pretty relevant saying in this case.

I am sure that GCC must have pressured India in some way or another but the keyboard
warriors here will not admit it.
ha ha ha...if india did so..then u guys no doubt the worlds biggest suckers...we paid a lip service in a impotent un resolution which at the end of the day will accomplish nothing..and we already showed israel how much we value them when our govt defended in our own parliament..thats how diplomacy works...and thats why everyone takes the arab world for a ride...

India needs to change it's pro-Palestine policy and mind it's own business.

You can't claim self defense when you're waist deep in someone else land or for creating the condition where firing rockets became an "acceptable" form of diplomacy.

I am glad Israelis do not subscribe to such equations and shows the rest of the world, the value of their citizenry against external threat. Even if there is a shred of evidence of aggression against ones state, it reserves the right to retaliate as counter measure (even if preemptive in nature).... That is a strong defense policy, which is mostly an alien concept to us Indians.
True that,not many can see Israel's POV.For them one of theirs as a casualty is the same as a mass killing.It is a sentiment to be respected,especially when the establishment in many countries see their people as cattle.
Too many individuals would willingly sacrifice the lives of others on the high altar of political correctness and feel goodism.These same individuals would most likely have drastically different opinion if it was their own life on the line or their beloved ones.

Back
Top Bottom