What's new

India Stands with World against Israel at UNHR Council

Well as far as the U.S is concerned, Israel is a tested ally and a forward base for the military. As soon as the Israelis run short of munitions, they get replenished on the haste.

Yes you are right not much anyone can do when Israel is backed by the U.S unconditionally.

Actually there is something that can be done, the same thing I have been saying for a long time now.

If the Islamic world got over their differences, and said in one voice: "Either you deal with Israel, or you deal with us"... then even America would be forced to side with the Islamic world. Since the Islamic world controls the vast majority of oil/gas reserves on the planet, and the most vital geostrategic regions in the world. Not to mention having a population of 1.5 billion. No country could conceivably cut ties with the entire Islamic world, it is too big and too important.

That's the only way. They already have the power themselves, they don't need America or Russia or China, all they need to do is stop fighting each other and unite.

Did you not just claim that yourself? The biggest Indian diaspora in the world is found in the GCC. It's highly plausible that the GCC told India to at least not support Israel blindly.

It's because of the nearly 40 million big Arab diaspora in Latin America of which many are of Palestinian origin and South America traditionally being leftists and opposing colonialism.

That's mainly why brother.

I didn't claim about the pressure from GCC, that was your assertion, and you maybe right on that point. I was just saying that he is aware of the remittance from the ME nations, throwing an all out support to Israel may seriously harm those relationships as a consequence when such stance is not required.

Last edited:
"Do not bite the finger that feeds you" is a pretty relevant saying in this case.

I am sure that GCC must have pressured India in some way or another but the keyboard
warriors here will not admit it.

Quite recently Indian government made its stance clear on this point:

No change in India`s policy on Palestine: Sushma Swaraj

"There is absolutely no change in India's policy towards Palestine, which is that we fully support the Palestinian cause while maintaining good relations with Israel," the Minister said and emphasised that this policy has been in vogue through various governments including those of Congress, BJP and coalition governments headed by Deve Gowda and I K Gujral.

India would not cutoff relations with Israel, for obvious reasons, but its support Palestine would not diminish. Some posters can call it duplicity, but it is prudence. India has no reason to hate Israel, on certain matters our stands are aligned even. But that doesn't mean that India would support each and every Israeli action unquestionably.

I didn't claim about the pressure from GCC, that was your assertion, and you maybe right on the point that. I was just saying that he is aware of the remittance from the ME nations, throwing an all out support to Israel may seriously harm those relationships as a consequence when such stance is not required.

Well my friend remittances and GCC are one and the same as the Indian remittances are coming from the biggest Indian diaspora in the world and it's found in the GCC. So I have no doubt that there is a connection. To which extent I do not know.
Besides India has big trade with the Arab world which is a huge, huge market. Much bigger than Israel. Aside from the potential.

India is also reliant on natural resources from the Arab world to a large extent. At least for now.

India should have abstained, there was no reason to vote yes at this juncture.

Relax, the Israelis need money like everyone else, with a big economy coupled with purchasing power and military requirements as yours, I dont think that its going to have any adverse effects on your arms deals.

Relax, the Israelis need money like everyone else, with a big economy coupled with purchasing power and military requirements as yours, I dont think that its going to have any adverse effects on your arms deals.
that is a given, But India's relations with Israel needs to surpass the defence paradigm.

Well my friend remittances and GCC are one and the same as the Indian remittances are coming from the biggest Indian diaspora in the world and it's found in the GCC. So I have no doubt that there is a connection. To which extent I do not know.
Besides India has big trade with the Arab world which is a huge, huge market. Much bigger than Israel. Aside from the potential.

India is also reliant on natural resources from the Arab world to a large extent. At least for now.

I don't suppose it has occurred to you that India has always supported Palestine.

ndia was the first non-Arab country to contemporaneously recognise the Palestine Liberation Organisation's authority as "the sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people." A PLO office was set up in the Indian capital in 1975, with full diplomatic relations established in March 1980. In return, India opened a Representative Office in Gaza on 25 June 1996. Indian support was said to extend to "consistent and unwavering support" on the Palestinian issue, where it shared the perception that the question of Palestine is at the core of the Arab-Israeli conflict. India has thus consistently supported the legitimate right of the Palestinian people to a State and the consequent imperative need for a just, comprehensive and lasting peace in the region based on United Nations Security Council resolution 242, 338 and 425, as well as the principle of "Land for Peace." India has also supported the Madrid Conference of October, 1991.[3]

The only reason Indians on this board seem to take Israeli side is because of our dear western neighbors.

Fans of Narendra Modi/ BJP would be highly disappointed that their government voted Yes against all weather friend Isreal lol

"No " of hypocrite double standard USA is not surprise. Israel is like their father/mother and they will never speak against it no matter what it does.

Well that is the difference, my reaction is not of knee jerk as you would dream off wishing. India should have abstained to show solidarity with Israel. that's it.
There was no need to vote

Hamas doesn't abide by any UNHRC international humanitarian and human rights laws, thus there was no need to vote to begin with.

Case by case basis. This time it would have been immoral to not support Palestine.

Back
Top Bottom