What's new

India Stands with World against Israel at UNHR Council

Spineless government.... Totally Spineless....

No sir - Realistic government, and wiser than many.

Had there been a resolution for condemning Israel at UN Sec. Council, it would have died before presentation.
Had it been taken to UNO, it might not have fared so well.
But that fact that it was taken to UNHRC, and then 'only' for voting to form a commission, it becomes very difficult to oppose it.

India has done the right thing. There is no other way of looking at it. I am not sure if Indians would want to see India standing next to USA in this. That would be tragic-funny. But this here is absolutely the correct thing to do.

It seems South America holds the Palestinian cause quite close to them. :-)

Europe mostly abstained.

Muslim states yes, apart from African ones o_O.

Interesting voting pattern, but totally expected.

"Do not bite the finger that feeds you" is a pretty relevant saying in this case.

I am sure that GCC must have pressured India in some way or another but the keyboard
warriors here will not admit it.

That I am not too sure, but I do believe Modi is a shrewd politician. The position of the previous PM was to support all side while taking no particular side. This duplicity has served India well, he is just continuing that position.

That one veto from America will overturn any UNSC resolution that might actually make a difference. And they veto on behalf of Israel, around 100% of the time. Pretty much the entire world supports the recognition of a Palestinian state, all it took was one veto from America to shut it down.

They also arm Israel with American weapons, at the expense of the American taxpayers.

Most importantly, they back up Israel with the full might of the American military.

The rest is just fluff, as long as America keeps supporting Israel nothing can happen.

Nothing, for the reasons I have listed above.

Some interesting here:

Since the Russia-Ukraine crisis erupted in late March, Israel has deliberately refrained from criticizing Moscow. Israel's silence has managed to irk U.S. officials.

"We were surprised Israel did not join the vast majority of countries that vowed to support Ukraine's territorial integrity in the United Nations," said Jen Psaki, the U.S. State Department spokesperson.

Psaki's "surprise" refers to Israel's absence for the March 27 U.N. vote when some member states called on all states and international organizations not to recognize Russia's annexation. While Israel's Foreign Ministry said the absence was due to its delegation being on strike, ensuing statements by Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman suggested that neutrality would remain Israel's policy.

"Our basic position is that we hope Russia and Ukraine will find a way as quickly as possible to normalize relations, and find a way to talks, and to solve all the problems peacefully," said Lieberman at a Jerusalem press conference in April.

An Alliance of Necessity: Putin's Russia Enjoys a Strategic Partnership With Israel | Jared Feldschreiber

That I am not too sure, but I do believe Modi is a shrewd politician. The position of the previous PM was to support all side while taking no particular side. This duplicity has served India well, he is just continuing that position.

Did you not just claim that yourself? The biggest Indian diaspora in the world is found in the GCC. It's highly plausible that the GCC told India to at least not support Israel blindly.

Europe mostly abstained.

It's because of the nearly 40 million big Arab diaspora in Latin America of which many are of Palestinian origin and South America traditionally being leftist and opposing colonialism.

That's mainly why brother.

Last edited:

Europe mostly abstained.

South Americans like Venezuela Brazil and Bolivia are Iranian allies.

No sir - Realistic government, and wiser than many.

Had there been a resolution for condemning Israel at UN Sec. Council, it would have died before presentation.
Had it been taken to UNO, it might not have fared so well.
But that fact that it was taken to UNHRC, and then 'only' for voting to form a commission, it becomes very difficult to oppose it.

India has done the right thing. There is no other way of looking at it. I am not sure if Indians would want to see India standing next to USA in this. That would be tragic-funny. But this here is absolutely the correct thing to do.
India should have abstained, there was no reason to vote yes at this juncture.

That one veto from America will overturn any UNSC resolution that might actually make a difference. And they veto on behalf of Israel, around 100% of the time. Pretty much the entire world supports the recognition of a Palestinian state, all it took was one veto from America to shut it down.

They also arm Israel with advanced American weapons, at the expense of the American taxpayers.

Most importantly, they back up Israel with the full might of the American military.

The rest is just fluff, as long as America keeps supporting Israel nothing can happen.

Nothing, for the reasons I have listed above.

Well as far as the U.S is concerned, Israel is a tested ally and a forward base for the military. As soon as the Israelis run short of munitions, they get replenished on the haste.

Yes you are right not much anyone can do when Israel is backed by the U.S unconditionally.

Where global solutions are shaped for you | News & Media | HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL OPENS SPECIAL SESSION ON THE HUMAN RIGHTS SITUATION IN THE OCCUPIED PALESTINIAN TERRITORY

You can get more detail here. This is the official press release.

It states that Pakistan spoke on behalf of OIC - meaning Pakistan represented all the Islamic Countries and that is a small but significant honor. Egypt (with a blighted HR record and no democracy because of sham elections) represented Arab Countries. Italy represented the European Countries, and Ethiopia represented African Union.

You need to discuss with Modi along with thousand Hindus angry, you will say Modi is now coward and weak.

Well that is the difference, my reaction is not of knee jerk as you would dream off wishing. India should have abstained to show solidarity with Israel. that's it.
There was no need to vote

Hamas doesn't abide by any UNHRC international humanitarian and human rights laws, thus there was no need to vote to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom