What's new

India’s Future Aircraft Carrier Force and the Need for Strategic Flexibility

Good for us but look at what China is planning.
Chinese Navy's "strategic nuclear submarine Aircraft carrier" design
7.jpg

6.jpg

I hope its not true. We should design something like this.
This would be the dumbest thing to do...

Why do u think P8i will be doing..
P8i can trace and destroy conventional submarines,Frigates and nuke submarines which are lot smaller than wat u have shown in ur Pics...

The sub carrier can easily be detected by P8i and it moves lot more slower and it is very easy to blow it with Torpedoes..

The submarine carrier has go more threats than a Aircraft carrier...

And if any country try to build them it would be of no use and can easily be destroyed and they r just Dumb..

7.jpg

6.jpg

Such design has been floating since WW-II and were found to be epic failure..They can not do the work of any of the Submarine or, carrier..They will have to come out to launch aircrafts and the moment it comes out , its a dead meat..

7.jpg

6.jpg

If this is doable, it is actually very useful. The submarine hunting capability is still behind submarine quieting technology. In a real war between major powers, all the surface ships would render useless. Only the subs would survive. So its technologythat is limiting such an AC.

I liked the concept of nuclear submarine aircraft carrier.
I wonder how huge it will be if it comes true.

Regardless if it is true or not.....It speaks volumes of China's ability to design weapons platforms to counter potential issues. Does India even design futuristic weapons platforms.

Let Me Answer you this, India Does design Futuristic Weapons Platform Like the FMBT, AMCA,HSDTV,AVATAR,FICV,MCW, These Are some of the Weapons Under development Incorporating Futuristic designs and Russia By themselves were Interested In Our HUMS suit which Certainly Proves Our caliber in R&D.....

AC's were sitting ducks before India even ordered more orders.

Read the Indian History , INS Vikrant Played a Major Role In 1971 Sea Battle...

Didn't they assess the threat to AC's.....it seems lack of strategic vision. Naval command simply missed the ball, how could it not see this coming.

Which Strategic Vision are you talking about??? You mean If China has Carrier Killer India shouldnt Buy Carriers or Cannot Win a war with Carriers??? If that was the case, MBT's should Have stopped Production ever since the Anti tank rockets came into existence...

India should focus on miniaturizing laser weapons or perhaps build an AC similar to the picture.

Well, Fan Boy arts are to be made in Photoshop's Not In real Life... You can Even Draw a Submerging or Flying AC's, But those are Not Practical Atleast not in this distant future....

The pic actually makes strategic sense and I think the Chinese are capable.

Could You explain how on earth does It make sense??? Then Even the flying Aircraft carriers or Submerged Aircraft carriers which I would Photoshop makes sense too??

At least they won;t quit until they get it done. They work very differently from Indians in the military industrial complex. There are 3 shifts in a work day, 7 days a week which translates to continuous development and every shift is led by a "hands on" engineer who actually engages the workers to make sure work is being done correctly.

In India there are Two Shifts 12-12 Each..... Which Means The Potential of an Individual is More in India than what it is in China... If You mathematics is Right... Hell Our Pvt companies work better ...

I've heard that to optimize worker attention to detail and high performance, workers may do a particular job for 4-5 hours (4 Hrs being the optimal time limit tied to performance, after that the mind wanders) and then switch to another job in the same weapon production facility. What this creates is an worker who is more productive and alert than the average. India please LEARN!

You make me laugh.... Do You even Know what Engineering is??? Switch to another Job in the same department after working on another for 4-5 hrs... If this is the way the engineers work in china them I am Sorry for there products....

To @ misterme2
AC's were sitting ducks before India even ordered more orders.
What made you think that American AC's are well protected ???/
Even Americans are worried about this missile....Everybody is threatened bu the Chinese missile, especially US.

Why do u think P8i will be doing..
P8i is a killer against subs. It can not kill a AC.

No its not true. A normal AC is still more vulnerable.

No, the idea of such vessel is floating around since WWII. This design seems to be completely different from the ones appeared during WWII.

Let Me Answer you this, India Does design Futuristic Weapons Platform Like the FMBT, AMCA,HSDTV,AVATAR,FICV,MCW,
I would be happy when these capabilities will be developed but as a frustrated Indian, I will keep my mouth shut for a while.

I really liked this design and that why i posted this. I would really love if India goes for such kind of design but the bigger question is how big this could be because after some limit under-water pressure would make it unfeasible in my opinion.

Last edited:
To @ misterme2

What made you think that American AC's are well protected ???/
Even Americans are worried about this missile....Everybody is threatened bu the Chinese missile, especially US.

P8i is a killer against subs. It can not kill a AC.

No its not true. A normal AC is still more vulnerable.

No, the idea of such vessel is floating around since WWII. This design seems to be completely different from the ones appeared during WWII.

I would be happy when these capabilities will be developed but as a frustrated Indian, I will keep my mouth shut for a while.

I really liked this design and that why i posted this. I would really love if India goes for such kind of design but the bigger question is how big this could be because after some limit under-water pressure would make it unfeasible in my opinion.

I know at least we have Aegis...its not 100% full proof but it does give a fair amount of protection. Of course we are worried, but China will think 2 -3 times before they fuk with us. Not with India, at least I don't see it that way.

Last edited:
Let Me Answer you this, India Does design Futuristic Weapons Platform Like the FMBT, AMCA,HSDTV,AVATAR,FICV,MCW, These Are some of the Weapons Under development Incorporating Futuristic designs and Russia By themselves were Interested In Our HUMS suit which Certainly Proves Our caliber in R&D.....

Dude our futuristic weapons platforms barely make it to the present ever. HUMS suit what's that>

Read the Indian History , INS Vikrant Played a Major Role In 1971 Sea Battle...

Dude Vikrant played a role only after the **** sub was taken out. Otherwise it was a sitting duck.

Which Strategic Vision are you talking about??? You mean If China has Carrier Killer India shouldnt Buy Carriers or Cannot Win a war with Carriers??? If that was the case, MBT's should Have stopped Production ever since the Anti tank rockets came into existence...

Carriers are important to an extent......what I meant by strategic vision was planning for weapons to counter current and futuristic designs. How come India never thought about a "carrier killer" or ASAT weapons. India was caught with its lungi down. India only reacts, it is not proactive. For 30 yrs we only thought of matching current arms without taking the future into account. Tanks are dead weight.......more powerful rpgs, anti tanks, ied's are going to make them obsolete in the future. We 'll need some tanks but focus should be on Stryker brigades. They're more mobile and carry heavy weaponry. India increased its tank fleet while neglecting it sub and airforce all these years. Oh I forgot Corrupt General kapok was a former tank commander....mmm...wound why.

Well, Fan Boy arts are to be made in Photoshop's Not In real Life... You can Even Draw a Submerging or Flying AC's, But those are Not Practical Atleast not in this distant future....

THe chinese J 20 is no fanboy.......Its already appearing in American sites.

Could You explain how on earth does It make sense??? Then Even the flying Aircraft carriers or Submerged Aircraft carriers which I would Photoshop makes sense too??

Stop underestimating Chinese ...first rule of war...never underestimate....

In India there are Two Shifts 12-12 Each..... Which Means The Potential of an Individual is More in India than what it is in China... If You mathematics is Right... Hell Our Pvt companies work better ...

Stop getting emotional ...this is constructive criticism...whether yo like it or not you have to acknowledge it....India lacks bloody quality control...thats why your missiles are 50-50

You make me laugh.... Do You even Know what Engineering is??? Switch to another Job in the same department after working on another for 4-5 hrs... If this is the way the engineers work in china them I am Sorry for there products....

Can you read ....the only folks switching are the folks on the line.....this after the product is finished .....to allow more attention to detail......by switching them they are more focused....try it....engineers don't switch, they are always there to make sure there is continuity in design and to make sure no hiccups come up.

YOU and others like you make me sad.....can never take constructive criticism......correct the faults ....you will blindly patriotically defend India but you fail to see you are causing her more harm by not acknowledging the problems.

If this is doable, it is actually very useful. The submarine hunting capability is still behind submarine quieting technology. In a real war between major powers, all the surface ships would render useless. Only the subs would survive. So its technologythat is limiting such an AC.

I think I speak on behalf of all reasonable people when I say that such an idea can only be entertained in Anime films or as a joke.

The AC effectiveness is directly proportional to the air power it carries,

there is no point building such a beast if it can only carry 10 planes or less..

Just the friction of such a behemoth with the surrounding water when it is submerged will create enough sound to be picked up by hydrophones all the way around the world.

end if you get picked up by a hunter killer submarine what will you do?

the turning radius of such a beast would be miles and miles, a diesel hunter killer sub will destroy the sub/carrier in seconds

no.. only in star trek would something like this be viable...

:coffee:

I think I speak on behalf of all reasonable people when I say that such an idea can only be entertained in Anime films or as a joke.

there is no point building such a beast if it can only carry 10 planes or less..

Just the friction of such a behemoth with the surrounding water when it is submerged will create enough sound to be picked up by hydrophones all the way around the world.

the turning radius of such a beast would be miles and miles, a diesel hunter killer sub will destroy the sub/carrier in seconds

Dude...remember this the big hot air balloons India is using on its border for radar and surveillance was considered a joke and too big. Today it has a use. Im not saying this is perfect as you pointed out the signature of the ship breaking water would be huge, but then this identifies a possible problem and allows for rational ppl to find a solution. How about multiple subs with a flat top that latch together to form a runaway. One sub that carries the fighter planes or multiple subs. Once the fighters fly off, the subs separate and go on hunter duty. Its not perfect but you can see where I am going with this.

Last edited:
Dude...remember this the big hot air balloons India is using on its border for radar and surveillance was considered a joke and too big. Today it has a use. Im not saying this is perfect as you pointed out the signature of the ship breaking water would be huge, but then this identifies a possible problem and allows for rational ppl to find a solution. How about multiple subs with a flat top that latch together to form a runaway. One sub that carries the fighter planes or multiple subs. Once the fighters fly off, the subs separate and go on hunter duty. Its not perfect but you can see where I am going with this.

Now that is a lot of precision swimming.....

Of course we are worried, but China will think 2 -3 times before they fuk with us. Not with India, at least I don't see it that way.
Dude I love US. But still as i am indian, on behalf of all indians i would say just for once. Please don't let Afg. to be the second Vietnam and don't leave that mess for us to clear.
Recently I heard US offcials saying its not possible to do fencing in Pak-Afg. border. That would be a nice idea for you. Why are worried ??/ We also did it in Kashmir, just learn something from us as some of your think tank suggests(read wikileaks.)

aircraft will be fielded on that according to the pic. Although engineering point of view its a huge task.

True, such a sub would need to be very big to carry a lot of planes. But it would be useful for a country that does not have naval supremacy to have a sub that carries only 10 planes to get close to the enemy's strategic location and carry out their surprise attack. Japan was doing this during WWII against panama canal but fortunately for the world, by the time the sub was ready, WWII ended.

Dude I love US. But still as i am indian, on behalf of all indians i would say just for once. Please don't let Afg. to be the second Vietnam and don't leave that mess for us to clear.
Recently I heard US offcials saying its not possible to do fencing in Pak-Afg. border. That would be a nice idea for you. Why are worried ??/ We also did it in Kashmir, just learn something from us as some of your think tank suggests(read wikileaks.)

aircraft will be fielded on that according to the pic. Although engineering point of view its a huge task.

I hear ya....India should've joined when the US asked INdia to. It would beneficial in multiple ways.....first off you would get to see first the type of weapons a first world country has and how it uses such. Secondly, afghanistan is more a problem for India than USA.......India is closer and as a result will feel more a sting if Afghanistan fails. I understand the reason to stay away. But this is a prime opportunity. Just make it a point that India stays and fight along the US , and if the US leaves so does India. No unnecessary risk for India.

I hear ya....India should've joined when the US asked INdia to. It would beneficial in multiple ways.....first off you would get to see first the type of weapons a first world country has and how it uses such. Secondly, afghanistan is more a problem for India than USA.......India is closer and as a result will feel more a sting if Afghanistan fails. I understand the reason to stay away. But this is a prime opportunity. Just make it a point that India stays and fight along the US , and if the US leaves so does India. No unnecessary risk for India.

1.no thanx
we dont go in war and kill people just because someone wants us to.
we are not atall interested in policing and dominating countries around the world who have nothing against us.

2.afghanistan was always nearer to INDIA than USA but still 9/11 happened in USA not INDIA.

3. we would rather not know how 1st world countries use their weapons. instead we are happy in just maintaining good weapons and keeping aggressions away without really using them.

Back
Top Bottom