What's new

India’s Foreign Debt Grows 13% to $390 Billion

Balls for what? getting into nerdy discussions with you? don't have the time for that, not interested and not worth it :lol:

But you have the time to make snide comments hiding behind koovie ? :lol: ......pathetic.

Repeat that and you and me will have a few more sessions :devil: ........ you are now forewarned.

But you have the time to make snide comments hiding behind koovie ? :lol: ......pathetic.

Repeat that and you and me will have a few more sessions :devil: ........ you are now forewarned.

:lol: Yeah ..yeah.

There is difference between taking loan for further development and taking loan to pay interest of existing loans :D

I am sorry ....but I squarely disagree on that. It is the Govt. JOB to ensure that our debt is within manageable limits. Congress has been ruling for almost 90% of that time.

Let me share some more figures ...

In Gujarat today the per capital income is Rs 89,268 and the debt per capita is Rs 23,163.

In kerala the per capita income is Rs.83,725, and the debt per capita is Rs. Rs 24,600.

Do you want to know the per capita income for all of India and the central govt. debt per capita due to 10 years of congress rule at the center ?

Pan India income is Rs. 61,564 and our debt per capita is Rs. 33,000.

Do you know what that means ? ...... you as a person has a loan of Rs. 33,000 which the congress govt. has taken on your behalf and has spent it, now the burden to repay it is yours ....... want to guess how much of it must have gone into their swiss bank account ?

PS: The per capita debt figure was fro 2012, when the actual per capita income was Rs 60,972.

u said that the congress was in govt. for 90% of the past 20 years then what about the remaining 10% when the NDA was in the center?? Don't you think 5 years are enough for some major policy changes,the BJP were equally involved in the nasty politics of vote bank along with their partners in the NDA. Both are the two sides of one coin with congress having the leverage of being secular(although fake one).
The way you are about Gujarat it seems that you are a big fan of Narendra Modi. Well he has done remarkable job in gujarat no doubt and people will give him a chance in the center for once, but its fair early to predict anything.

Well so much for for claiming that India does not beg for loans. LOL. It seems that it is falling behind. Maybe less spending on the military may help, but then fear of Pakistan will prevent that. So its good keep on taking loans and become beggars. Welcome to the club as we are also sadly one of the beggars country. But more the merrier............
:toast_sign:

Are you serious?

You ever heard from the banking system??? Lending money from banks, which every country, company or whatever does, is different from begging at the IMF.

Because if the IMF needs to help you out, it means that most banks dont want to lend you money anymore, and that means that you are in a big mess.

And its your country which spends insanly high amounts on military ( 5 % of its GDP!) while it takes IMF money.

While India spends less than 2% on its military.

I neither have the time nor the inclination to dig into your past posts .........but if you have a problem how people remember you, you need to look at your own behavior. I guess loosing the 'secular' tag is disturbing for you .......dont worry ....a lot of people here will reissue you that certificate

In otherwords you are not able to find any.. you just farted some gas and it blown right on your face..

India is not the only country that takes loan to implement railways and metros......that is a poor excuse for failing to control the debt and then pimping your women to SA to make money.

India is the only country which undertake these kind of mass development apart from China.. And what it has to do with sending women abroad as maid?? Are you just bashing for the sake of it..

People who vote on religious lines are pathetic.........and frankly disgusting. Recognize anyone ?

Yep! I am talking to one!! :coffee:

FII that give controlling stake in any organization becomes FDI. Its a very fine line so don't read too much into it.

Now do you know where does our highest FDI comes from ? .......Its Mauritius which account for 44% of all our FDI. Europe along with Luxunberg and Swiss is another 25% ......Its safe to assume at least 50% of FDI is Black Money getting routed back into India. Which is why you will see FDI going to strangest of places in India. That is why it will not exit back along with FII. No need to draw wrong conclusions from this.

In any case 22% of FDI went into Financial sector. 14% went into Housing and construction sector. What does that tell you ? Its all Black Money. Only 8% went into Telecom !

BTW NRI investment earn the maximum returns when invested in the Property Market.

I am off course not against FII or FDI.

But they are foreign investments and will come and go searching the best returns, anywhere.

Moreover, FDI and FII are not debt, since exchange risk is borne by the investors .. just like NRI deposits (NRE etc, but not FCNR).

In ECBs which are the debt taken by corporates, there the exchange risk is borne by the corporates, but they get low rate of interest.

Yaar, it was a question to you? The other guy thinks, I asked this because I wanted to bash Modi.. What I was asking that, lot of our Infra devalopment was happening by taking loans from World bank and ADB, increase in foreign debt was bound to happen right?

Foreign debt, does not mean just what you have taken a loan for. Now, will try and simplify this.

1. You are selling apples to country A. Now, when you sell apples to country A, they are paying you in dollars. When you buy oranges from country A, you are paying in dollars.

Now, there will be a difference. This is called a deficit or surplus, depending on the situation. Having a deficit is not as bad a thing as it is made out to be.

2. You are asking foreign investors to invest in India. When they invest in India, they are selling dollars and buying rupee to invest in India. In the same way, when they are exiting they will buy dollars and sell the rupee.

Foreign(external) debt component is in dollar terms. Which means it is the net of dollars owed or loaned. Now, what you need to remember is that this is different from public debt. Which is what you seem to be mentioning. Hope this helped :)

u said that the congress was in govt. for 90% of the past 20 years then what about the remaining 10% when the NDA was in the center?? Don't you think 5 years are enough for some major policy changes,the BJP were equally involved in the nasty politics of vote bank along with their partners in the NDA. Both are the two sides of one coin with congress having the leverage of being secular(although fake one).
The way you are about Gujarat it seems that you are a big fan of Narendra Modi. Well he has done remarkable job in gujarat no doubt and people will give him a chance in the center for once, but its fair early to predict anything.

what votebank politics did Vajpayee do?

what votebank politics did Vajpayee do?

Vajpayee wad a good PM no doubt but the peoples working under him or rather in his party were involved in vote bank politics, don't forget the manifestos of BJP before elections which always have a demand for Ram Mandir. When I said remaining 10% in the center I was saying about the whole NDA not about alone

Yeah you know what I mean... grow up...

Dude, I know BJP supports who support it because they hate congress scams. This sankranti guy is different. You know some people who have more direct stakes- coz they/ their uncles etc. are standing for elections from BJP side? THis guy is more like that. A very rabid and direct kind of hatred- nothing to with a principled stand.

Vajpayee wad a good PM no doubt but the peoples working under him or rather in his party were involved in vote bank politics, don't forget the manifestos of BJP before elections which always have a demand for Ram Mandir. When I said remaining 10% in the center I was saying about the whole NDA not about alone

Ram Mandir is an issue existing before the BJP started existing.

Most hindus of India want Ram Mandir but not all them.
What is the point in making this demand as a matter of concern for a national level party neglecting the concerns of a certain community

Back
Top Bottom