What's new

India’s Foreign Debt Grows 13% to $390 Billion

Well so much for for claiming that India does not beg for loans. LOL. It seems that it is falling behind. Maybe less spending on the military may help, but then fear of Pakistan will prevent that. So its good keep on taking loans and become beggars. Welcome to the club as we are also sadly one of the beggars country. But more the merrier............
:toast_sign:

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open one's mouth and remove all doubt. :wave:

Well so much for for claiming that India does not beg for loans. LOL. It seems that it is falling behind. Maybe less spending on the military may help, but then fear of Pakistan will prevent that. So its good keep on taking loans and become beggars. Welcome to the club as we are also sadly one of the beggars country. But more the merrier............
:toast_sign:

India govt does not issue dollar-denominated sovereign debt.. unlike Korea, China and Indonesia.

So, all the debt is actually ECB (External commercial borrowings) which are debt taken by corporates, not by the Indian Sovereign. So, Indian Govt cannot default of dollar-debt because it does not borrow !!!

Apart from ECBs, its the NRI deposits which is counted as debt.. yes, NRIs have a right to convert rupees to dollars, but most don't like myself (who want to retire in India). Or others, who remit on a regular bases for meeting rupee expenses in India. If their rupees are already spent, they don't have anything to convert back to dollars.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open one's mouth and remove all doubt. :wave:

That is such a good advice that you gave yourself. I am really impressed by your honesty. And please prove the point by keeping your mouth shut if you cant anything ovf value. Thanks in advance.

:coffee:

That is such a good advice that you gave yourself. I am really impressed by your honesty. And please prove the point by keeping your mouth shut if you cant anything ovf value. Thanks in advance.

:coffee:

Seriously, here is a dumbed down version for your.

Debt is not equal to going to beg for loans. Please do not equate current situations you are familiar with to India.

India govt does not issue dollar-denominated sovereign debt.. unlike Korea, China and Indonesia.

So, all the debt is actually ECB (External commercial borrowings) which are debt taken by corporates, not by the Indian Sovereign. So, Indian Govt cannot default of dollar-debt because it does not borrow !!!

Apart from ECBs, its the NRI deposits which is counted as debt.. yes, NRIs have a right to convert rupees to dollars, but most don't like myself (who want to retire in India). Or others, who remit on a regular bases for meeting rupee expenses in India. If their rupees are already spent, they don't have anything to convert back to dollars.

India among 30 countries facing huge external debt
Last updated on: July 6, 2012 13:06 IST

Greece is not the only country that is feeling the pain of rising external debt. There are many nations, including India, that have massive external debt.

Let's take a look at some of these countries.

Source: Wikipedia

India

External debt: $345.8 billion

Per capita debt: $300

Per cent of GDP: 20

Iam just showing the fact that India is facing a huge debt problem. And unlike many Indians who believe that India is becoming very rich as its corporates and businesses are expanding, they fail to realize that everyone needs financing to grow and that has to be paid back. Now if there is another recession hitting the world, the one that hit in the late 2000's than India would be facing a lot of financial troubles. The bubble could burst.
Dont take it for granted. Right now each Indian owes the world US $300. India's poverty level is between 30-35 percent.

Seriously, here is a dumbed down version for your.

Debt is not equal to going to beg for loans. Please do not equate current situations you are familiar with to India.

And I thought you were going to keep your mouth shut and we all were very happy with that. Now why are you using your puny brain and thinking? Relax and enjoy your quite time.

:bounce:

Iam just showing the fact that India is facing a huge debt problem. And unlike many Indians who believe that India is becoming very rich as its corporates and businesses are expanding, they fail to realize that everyone needs financing to grow and that has to be paid back. Now if there is another recession hitting the world, the one that hit in the late 2000's than India would be facing a lot of financial troubles. The bubble could burst.
Dont take it for granted. Right now each Indian owes the world US $300. India's poverty level is between 30-35 percent.

And I thought you were going to keep your mouth shut and we all were very happy with that. Now why are you using your puny brain and thinking? Relax and enjoy your quite time.

:bounce:

There is a difference between what you are stating now and what you stated. There is a difference between begging for loans (which you are very familiar with) and having a problem due to a trade deficit (which almost every country in the world has, including some of the most developed nations). But then, I do not expect you to understand that.

So when you are able to understand this, please come back for a discussion. Else, go around doing which is what you do best.

here is one more saying for you "Fools speak because they have to say something."

I am not bashing Gujrat.. What I am saying is, is it bound to happen? I mean every state is building Metros and other infras.. Lot of the states taken loan for these.. Here in Kerala only there are 3 metro rail to be constructed.. All these infra development are done by taking loans from various banks right?

Maine kya keh diya? mujhe quote kiya?

Maine kya keh diya? mujhe quote kiya?

Yaar, it was a question to you? The other guy thinks, I asked this because I wanted to bash Modi.. What I was asking that, lot of our Infra devalopment was happening by taking loans from World bank and ADB, increase in foreign debt was bound to happen right?

FDI is much better than FII.

I don't see FII exiting as beneficial to India... but the FIIs that came due to loose QE policies was anyway "hot money". That is exactly why FDI is better than FII, because that's long term. They withdrew something like $ 7 billion (net amount) in the six months ($ 5 billion from debt capital markets and $ 2 billion from equity capital markets).

If they entered at say, 54-ish (last year) .. and now exiting at 59, while earning about 7-11% (about what debt or equities would have given them last year) .. net return would be just around what US treasuries earn.

NRI deposits are a different game .. because they are long term, if not permanent. (e.g. I have plans to retire in India.. both 54 and 59 look great exchange rates, given the real estate or stock prices in India). And the deposits are earning over 9% per annum (tax free).

I don't have a better investment return overseas .. naturally NRI deposits are the choicest investment option.

FII that give controlling stake in any organization becomes FDI. Its a very fine line so don't read too much into it.

Now do you know where does our highest FDI comes from ? .......Its Mauritius which account for 44% of all our FDI. Europe along with Luxunberg and Swiss is another 25% ......Its safe to assume at least 50% of FDI is Black Money getting routed back into India. Which is why you will see FDI going to strangest of places in India. That is why it will not exit back along with FII. No need to draw wrong conclusions from this.

In any case 22% of FDI went into Financial sector. 14% went into Housing and construction sector. What does that tell you ? Its all Black Money. Only 8% went into Telecom !

BTW NRI investment earn the maximum returns when invested in the Property Market.

Yupz! another way to stop others from arguing.. Calling them secular and congress supporter.. Way to goo!! :toast_sign:

Not at all ......I am always game for genuine debate with people who are either ignorant or misinformed.

No point in wasting time with a know Modi baiter and congress supporter like you. You have already admitted multiple time that congress is the best bet for christian's like you. Why should I assume any different ? ..........No truth is going to convince you to turn secular and Not to vote on religious lines...

Too bad your 'Sushma has better status' cr@p has no takers ......:lol:

Besides taking snide shots while hiding behind people is in poor taste :P ........ one almost gets the feeling you don't have the balls for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all ......I am always game for genuine debate with people who are either ignorant or misinformed.

No point in wasting time with a know Modi baiter and congress supporter like you. You have already admitted multiple time that congress is the best bet for christian's like you. Why should I assume any different ? ..........No truth is going to convince you to turn secular and Not to vote on religious lines...

I dare you show me one posts where I said congress in the best bet for Christians like me?? I didnt even bring religion nor modi here and you are making it in to a Hindu vs Christian thread so that you can spread more venom here.. I asked a genuine question, if the states loan are also included in this then incease in loan is bound to happen because lot of infra devalopment is going on.. Now tell me where it shows Modi bait and congress support?

You are a pathetic human being who see everything iin religious angle.. You rather looking at the posts, look only the religion which he belongs too... Disgusting behaviour..

I dare you show me one posts where I said congress in the best bet for Christians like me?? I didnt even bring religion nor modi here and you are making it in to a Hindu vs Christian thread so that you can spread more venom here.. I asked a genuine question, if the states loan are also included in this then incease in loan is bound to happen because lot of infra devalopment is going on.. Now tell me where it shows Modi bait and congress support?

You are a pathetic human being who see everything iin religious angle.. You rather looking at the posts, look only the religion which he belongs too... Disgusting behaviour..

I neither have the time nor the inclination to dig into your past posts .........but if you have a problem how people remember you, you need to look at your own behavior. I guess loosing the 'secular' tag is disturbing for you .......dont worry ....a lot of people here will reissue you that certificate

India is not the only country that takes loan to implement railways and metros......that is a poor excuse for failing to control the debt and then pimping your women to SA to make money.

People who vote on religious lines are pathetic.........and frankly disgusting. Recognize anyone ?

Too bad your 'Sushma has better status' cr@p has no takers ......:lol:

Besides taking snide shots while hiding behind people is in poor taste :P ........ one almost gets the feeling you don't have the balls for it.

Balls for what? getting into nerdy discussions with you? don't have the time for that, not interested and not worth it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom