What's new

Govt Breaches limit. Adds external debt worth 15.3 billion USD

On Table 157 posted previously it is exclusively mentioned 'END MARCH', as of December 2013 India's external Debt stand at $ 425.970 Billion
Incremental figures of A & B suggest that Indian Forex reserves Increase because of Increase of Foreign Loans, as you were commenting earlier in the context of Pakistan, further to note India actually lost $ 52.295 billion of foreign loan in Trade deficit over the period.

links already provided in my previous post.

so FD/FR ratio for India is 1.36 and not 1.25 as against Pakistan's figure of 6.. Arent we nit picking a little bit ;)

Would you post any official document which can support your claim of 72 billion $ Foregin Loan of Pakistan.

Not my claim.. Its the claim of your own govt reported in DAWN.COM

there is no economic analysis in which economist take ratio of Total Foreign Debt and Foregin Reserves as Foreign Debt is the liability to be paid over the period, the right way to analysis the F.Debt to F. reserve is Short Term F.Debt/ Forex Reserves.

External debt/Forex reserves serves the purpose of a country's ability to cover the loans that it has already taken and hence plays a role in determining the credit worthiness of the country which in turns dictates the interest rate at which future loans can be taken. Short term F Debt/Forex reserves is more in line with loan servicing capacity of the country and a more accurate ratio to be used there is (sT F Debt+ interest on LT F Debt) / Forex reserves

so FD/FR ratio for India is 1.36 and not 1.25 as against Pakistan's figure of 6.. Arent we nit picking a little bit ;)

have I asked about ratio I asked about the official DATA for Pakistan, would you provide the same .... i am sure you would not .... ;)

Moreover if you have read my post I argued about the prime source of Indian Forex reserve buildup, want to know your thoughts about it ……

Not my claim.. Its the claim of your own govt reported in DAWN.COM

it says added (not received), the new loans would be received over the period ... but you are calculating to construct your false argument .... nice trolling attempt ....

ISLAMABAD: The government on Friday confirmed to have added about $15.3 billion to the country’s external debt, violating prudent borrowing limits under the Fiscal Responsibility and Debt Limitation Act (FRDLA) and promised to reduce public debt significantly by 2015-16.

This is part of Medium-Term Debt Management Strategy (MTDS 2013-14 to 2017-18) released here on Friday after conclusion of third review of the IMF programme in Dubai. “The public debt to GDP ratio is projected to be brought down to 55.2pc by 2015-16,” said the ministry of finance.

Govt breaches limit, adds $15.3bn to external debt - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

link for Medium-Term Debt Management Strategy (MTDS 2013-14 to 201718) : Read it if you are serious poster which you are not ....
http://www.finance.gov.pk/publications/MTDS_2014.pdf

External debt/Forex reserves serves the purpose of a country's ability to cover the loans that it has already taken and hence plays a role in determining the credit worthiness of the country which in turns dictates the interest rate at which future loans can be taken. Short term F Debt/Forex reserves is more in line with loan servicing capacity of the country and a more accurate ratio to be used there is (sT F Debt+ interest on LT F Debt) / Forex reserves

its not that simple read the IMF paper "Assessing Reserve Adequacy"

link: http://www.imf.org/external/np/pp/eng/2011/021411b.pdf

have I asked about ratio I asked about the official DATA for Pakistan, would you provide the same .... i am sure you would not .... ;)

As I said.. Its your own govt's declaration in the mainstream news paper of your country. Ask them for backup dude..

Moreover if you have read my post I argued about the prime source of Indian Forex reserve buildup, want to know your thoughts about it ……

There is no way to determine the exact source of the forex buildup of a country (either India or Pakistan), however, Indian Forex reserves are mostly said to be financed by FII and/or FDI sources. Same is indicated by the upsurge in the numbers since the time Indian stock markets have started performing nicely in last 2-3 quarters. Unlike Pakistan, most of the external debt of India is around development projects and is not a bail out debt that Pakistan has been receiving for last few years.

it says added (not received), the new loans would be received over the period ... but you are calculating to construct your false argument .... nice trolling attempt ....

Not really...

The MTDS said the country’s external debt was estimated to touch $72 billion (Rs7.202 trillion) at the end of this fiscal year on June 30 against $57bn (Rs5.7tr at current exchange rate) same period last year.

Read again dude.. Either you are missing the plot or its a real case of bad reporting by Dawn...Last year the actual received debt of Pakistan was $57 billion that is being compared with the $72 billion estimated for this year.

link for Medium-Term Debt Management Strategy (MTDS 2013-14 to 201718) : Read it if you are serious poster which you are not ....

What I am or am not is not your concern or the concern of this thread. an expected jump of 12 billion USD (if reported correct by Dawn) would certainly be a concern of this thread, Pakistan, and you if you really care about your country, which I think you don't.

its not that simple read the IMF paper "Assessing Reserve Adequacy"

link: http://www.imf.org/external/np/pp/eng/2011/021411b.pdf

Its never simple when the intent is to complicate and obfuscate..

and Forex reserves stand at $ 295.708 Billion, your posted figure of $ 312 is bogus as even as of 02nd May 14 it is below your quoted figures. don't know what do you want to prove by this manipulation.
India's forex reserves up $1.94 billion - The Times of India
India's foreign exchange (forex) reserves rose by $1.94 billion to $311.85 billion for the week ended May 2, led by a sharp jump in overseas currency assets, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data showed

There is no way to determine the exact source of the forex buildup of a country (either India or Pakistan),

But you are so certain about the forex buildup of Pakistan, read your previous post
Funnily enough, this 3 billion USD increase in reserves has come on the back of 15 billion USD increase in external debt.

however, Indian Forex reserves are mostly said to be financed by FII and/or FDI sources. Same is indicated by the upsurge in the numbers since the time Indian stock markets have started performing nicely in last 2-3 quarters.

Again you are so sure about this have you studied your country accounts ..... ???

Or do you believe every myth about India .... ;)
Comparative Table of Net Foreign Investment & Trade Balance.JPG

to download the detail Tables follow the links of Reserve Bank of India given below

Table 127 : India’s Foreign Trade - US Dollar
Table 155 : Foreign Investment Inflows

Unlike Pakistan, most of the external debt of India is around development projects and is not a bail out debt that Pakistan has been receiving for last few years.

I hope you do understan the term of Bailout loans .... BTW if every IMF loan is consider as bailout as you suggets than India seems more desperate as she own more of IMF loan than Pakistan

Composition of Indian External Debt.JPG

Pakistan's External Debt & Liabilities.JPG

Last year the actual received debt of Pakistan was $57 billion that is being compared with the $72 billion estimated for this year.

Again you are at 72 billion figure plz provide official source or DATA, otherwise layoff this estimate as it was just an estimate which we missed ....

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom