What's new

India running phensidyl industry to destroy Bangladeshi youth

Reposting:

21 illegal phensidyl factories operate in Kolkata for smuggling produce to Bangladesh

As many as 21 illegal phensidyl factories operate in Kolkata from where the adulterated narcotic syrup is smuggled into Bangladesh, according to concerned sources.

Intelligence officials here said Phensidyl, a drug generally used for easing coughs, is being produced in India. But the adulterated stuff is being produced in Kolkata and smuggled into Bangladesh after bottling in villages close to the border.

Paramilitary Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) has seized around 12.5 lakh bottles of adulterated phensidyl in last five years to March this year. “This is a small part of the total volume of phensidyl that is smuggled into the country,” said one official.

The border guards seized 2.2 lakh bottles of phensydil in 2001, 1.85 lakh in 2002, 2.40 lakh in 2003, 3 lakh in 2004, 2.6 lakh and 48 thousand bottles during the last three months from January to March, BDR sources said.

The spurious phensidyl factories are situated at Chandani Chau Street, Karbala Road, Pias Lane, Tapashia Road, Chatawala Goli, Tiljala Road, Iqbalpur Road in Kolkata, DB Road in Hawra, DB Road of Consuspara in North 24 Parganas, North Toposhia Road in Kolkata, PM Basti, 2nd By-lane in Hawra, 60 Toposhia Road, Picnic Garden Road, Mahta Building, Loghar Chitpur Road, 88A Modan Mohan Barman Street, 72 Modan Mohan Barman Street, Tangri P-1-2 of Ishshor Mondol Lane, Poddar Court near Raymond Showroom, and Dip Electronics of Polok Street in Kolkata.

The intelligence sources said adulterated Phensidyl is transported in plastic jerrycans weighing 10/20 litres each. The bottles of different sizes are sent separately to the border area from Kolkata Bagrimarket. Labels for bottle are also printed in small presses.

Process of bottling is carried out in the townships adjoining the Bangladesh-India border, the sources said.

They named the processing places as Araitila and Bisshramganj of West Tripura District, Shantir Bazar near Belonia of South Tripura district, Indronagar Kalibari and Durga Choumuhoni near Agartola, Baranggapara (Dalu) under West Garo Hills district of Meghalaya, Murabari, Nabinagar and office tila of Udaypur Subdivision, Rupaichari and Manu Bazar of Sarbu Subdivision and Brajopur of Gondachara Subdivision.

--UNB

Buddy I grew up in the East .... 180 kms from Kolkata. You still want to argue that your refugees stopped coming across in hordes post 1971?

Please give me a break ..... and be grateful that my tax money feeds your countrymen, so that you can save yours sitting in the US, while abusing me and my country and my countrymen on a forum run by the same country whose leader called you guys sons of pigs and from whom my country delivered you less than 40 years ago, by spilling the blood of its own sons.

A healthy dose of Indian-bottled "reality" for you .... to chase that Phensy.

Cheers, Doc

Hey Doc,

What about prescribing some anti depressant to Mr. Dune instead of arguing with him. It will be a favor to the PDF.

Thanks

Hey Doc,

What about prescribing some anti depressant to Mr. Dune instead of arguing with him. It will be a favor to the PDF.

Thanks

he is a "spin" doctor not a real one. But to your disappointment his spin did not work here.

he is a "spin" doctor not a real one. But to your disappointment his spin did not work here.

No one is a greater "SPIN" doctor as you.

See Phensydyl is a cough syrup , which is a generic one so its produced under many brand names and all the countries. If India doesn't supply it some one else will as its sold off the shelf. similarly there are other substances like someone mentioned iodex balm , whiteners etc. But how you spun this to a anti India rhetoric.

:frown:

No one is a greater "SPIN" doctor as you.

See Phensydyl is a cough syrup , which is a generic one so its produced under many brand names and all the countries. If India doesn't supply it some one else will as its sold off the shelf. similarly there are other substances like someone mentioned iodex balm , whiteners etc. But how you spun this to a anti India rhetoric.

:frown:

I dont understan how a cough syrup gives that much of kick. I tried once and senseless for 15 mins... I took not more than a peg.... ;)

I dont understan how a cough syrup gives that much of kick. I tried once and senseless for 15 mins... I took not more than a peg.... ;)

you must have a weak body /defective drug clearance mechanism /faulty liver /etc or simply you must be a kidoo.......plz stick to the prescribed norms on the bottle for kids....if drug abuse is your concern any drug can be potentially abused.........

p.s .:dont ever try alcohol you will sleep for months....

you must have a weak body /defective drug clearance mechanism /faulty liver /etc or simply you must be a kidoo.......plz stick to the prescribed norms on the bottle for kids....if drug abuse is your concern any drug can be potentially abused.........

p.s .:dont ever try alcohol you will sleep for months....

You need to try Corex Cough Syrup. You will get that in any Medical Store....:devil:

i dont understand your meaning of"kick" ....you see anything that gets you senseless and put you to sleep is enjoyed only by people who are in deep pain that they cannot sleep on the account of having a great burden /frustration in their heart........

on the other hand people who have it for entertainment prefer to have drugs that exite them rather than those that tend to put them to sleep... i.e...that is what you call getting high......

from your experience of having the drug(cough syrup)it is clear that its effect are sedative rather than an a stimulant........so i prefer that you look into the problems/burdens of your youth rather than blaming a cough syrup that does what it is supposed to do(reduce cough)when taken in the right amounts......

even i ve tried the drug the day this thread was started, it didnt exite me or affect my senses (i had one whole bottle-100ml).....i went shopping by walk (1 km from my hme,crossed roads with heavy traffic,went down and climbed up staris-i live in the 5thfloor,,,had conversations with a couple of friends on the way who seemed not to notice anything odd in me)...the only thing i felt was a mild drowsiness ...which could be easily resisted.....i even posted on this very forum...after having the drug......so i do suggest you be careful of your health coz you might have an ineffective drug clearing mechanism in your body......

You need to try Corex Cough Syrup. You will get that in any Medical Store....:devil:

i did try corex 100 ml of it.........its effects as explained in my above post!!!!!

i far i am concerned a exitable/recreational drug is one which sends you dancing like mad rather than sending you off to sleep.....only people with psycotic probs will consider the effects of depressants as enjoyment:hang2:.

besides since new year is coming .......am getting ready for some exitement .......:smokin::partay:

Last edited:
i dont understand your meaning of"kick" ....you see anything that gets you senseless and put you to sleep is enjoyed only by people who are in deep pain that they cannot sleep on the account of having a great burden /frustration in their heart........

on the other hand people who have it for entertainment prefer to have drugs that exite them rather than those that tend to put them to sleep... i.e...that is what you call getting high......

from your experience of having the drug(cough syrup)it is clear that its effect are sedative rather than an a stimulant........so i prefer that you look into the problems/burdens of your youth rather than blaming a cough syrup that does what it is supposed to do(reduce cough)when taken in the right amounts......

even i ve tried the drug the day this thread was started, it didnt exite me or affect my senses (i had one whole bottle-100ml).....i went shopping by walk (1 km from my hme,crossed roads with heavy traffic,went down and climbed up staris-i live in the 5thfloor,,,had conversations with a couple of friends on the way who seemed not to notice anything odd in me)...the only thing i felt was a mild drowsiness ...which could be easily resisted.....i even posted on this very forum...after having the drug......so i do suggest you be careful of your health coz you might have an ineffective drug clearing mechanism in your body......

Seems like you are man made of steel.
My point was that, we have cough syrup made in this country and we take them every now and then with no downside syndrome. Yes some of them do create drowsiness and clearly written on the label. We can even buy drowsi free medicine as well which are bit expensive. So your analogy regarding drug clearing mechnism (not sure what the hell is that) does not really fly here.

Second I asked few doctors regarding that specific phesydil, and what they said is that, it contains Efidrin (spelling??) a banned substance in a lot of countries which is addictive. Also the seductive element in that drug are way more than its tolerable range which made them popular to most drug users.

You should look at our drug policy which is copied by many countries even some westerners. A lot of Indian drugs can not be sold off the shelves here due to their side effects.

PS: efidrin does make you to feel good like heroin or cokaine.

Last edited:
its ephedrine ......... and i coulnt find its conc in phensidyl,,,plz can you tell me the conc...in the syrup......

plus drug clearance mechanism-the ablity of your body to detoxify and remove the drug from your body.....most often the process takes place in the liver....some people have high tolerance to a drug because of active clearance of the drug from the body by the liver .

its ephedrine ......... and i coulnt find its conc in phensidyl,,,plz can you tell me the conc...in the syrup......

plus drug clearance mechanism-the ablity of your body to detoxify and remove the drug from your body.....most often the process takes place in the liver....some people have high tolerance to a drug because of active clearance of the drug from the body by the liver .

Its been a while like 10 years, I last saw that bottle. Seems like Shravan is an expert.. :cheesy:

I have tried this reddish cough syrup only once in my life at the insistence of a childhood friend who happened to be a medical sales representative of a manufacturing company. His eyes were so bright with excitement when he was telling me the good effects of fencidyle. He said its taste was much better than whiskey or brandy, and it would give me a stronger kick than the local Bangla, which some of us drank time to time during student life.

Alas! I liked neither the taste nor the kick. Taste was sweet and kick had no effect on me. Neither it kicked nor did it give me any drowsiness. Am I very strong or the Dyle was weak I have no idea. While I could not enjoy, my friend enjoyed his bottle, with all smile. So, is it psychological only that I did not like it, but he liked?

not essentially psycological.......chances are numerous......like
1)your body had lesser number of receptors for the drug to act,
2) you have a liver that was able to detoxify the drug very quickly and remove it from your system..(you can see people who can tolerate large amounts of alcohol as opposed to some who get sloshed in 1 or 2 drinks)..the rate at which each drug gets detoxified varies with the drug not every drug is cleared from the body at the same rate...........

however this feature of the liver essentially is not an advantage for all drugs ..for eg ...in some diabetic people taking insulin injections the liver detoxifies the injected drug at a very fast rate making the drug ineffective of its intended action........

why i ment earlier was that only depressed people who find life a big burden enjoy a drug that sends them to sleep.....rather than one which exites them . which people who like to have a blast ! prefer drugs which exite them rather than those that put them to sleep!

Back
Top Bottom