What's new

India running phensidyl industry to destroy Bangladeshi youth

A few clarifications -

The drug is Phensedyl, not Phensidyl, as per the spelling of the trade name of the drug. Trade names are unique, and are property of the company that owns the trade name. So it is ridiculous to say that India is the only country that produces Phensedyl. Of course, it has to be the only country that produces the cough linctus with that trade name. Even in India, if someone else has to make that formulation with Ephedrine and Codeine, it will have to be sold with a different trade name, not Phensedyl.

The link in post #76 above is therefore obviously a quick job, trying to bolster the claim in this forum. On Wikipedia, it can be managed easily. The page having the details of Phensidyl is an orphan (not linking anywhere), and the awesome "India is the only country who produced Phensidyl" was added just with the last edit, done on 4th Dec, '09. Good job, Bad English!

Phensedyl is sold by Nicolas Piramal India Limited, a mainstream pharmaceutical company. The Codeine content in the drug is below the level mandated by local laws, so it is entirely above board.

If at all it could be banned in India, it would probably be because of the Ephedrine content, as Ephedrine is increasingly being seen as harmful, and is being banned by countries across the world. It is however, not an all-out evil as opiate drugs are.

Codeine is addictive, and there are limits on how much should be put in formulations. Codeine addiction, therefore, is only a fringe phenomenon in Indian society.

It is a matter of social engineering along with regulatory regime, to contain the use of prescription/OTC drugs as recreational drugs. This is so because all substances abused have a legitimate use. Even opium has use in terms of medical opiates/morphine etc. If one has to ban the use of substances prone to abuse, one probably will have to ban white-out or rubber glue (there are glue sniffers in destitutes of every metro in South Asia). To think of it, even paint is sniffed by the desperate. Want to ban all that??

I am not advocating perpetuation of substances prone to be abused. Nor am I insensitive to the plight of those who are addicted to these drugs. But I want to dispel the impression that somehow India is 'evil', and is pushing the cough syrup to corrupt Bangladeshi youth. I agree we need to do a lot better, but it is not justified to cast aspersions on Indian intentions.

Avian said:
Nobody is slogging here to make kid out of you, and for the rest of your post I only want to say that, just go and see the conditions of those mujaheddin's who are getting killed everyday in some parts of India. More so, go and see the state who have been supporting mujaheddin's to liberate Kashmir and Assam from Indian mainland, I can assure you that all those state's who are supporting the same are now looking themselves a country with lost integrity and are soon decending into much more ruthless choas from their steep dive from being failed, and then come and tell me who has failed.
We beg for Bangladesh's support in Assam? How funny of you, care to show me sources?
All you sick people make me laugh too=) You know they're kids right? So show to me that it's so easy to fight these "couple of kids" and THEN talk smack about Indian Jawans. I can too sit on the computer and talk crap about Bangladesh and Pakistan Army but the reality, they are all brave warriors risking their lives, so shutup with stupid trolls like this.

All I have pointed out to your bros that if you guys are not even able to control them how will you even think to control us? If none state player can make your life hell than imagine the devastation that will bring by us. Do not look at the size of our country rather think about our imani substance before open your mouth next time around. :smokin:

Last edited:
RAW is using codeine infused cough syrup to destroy the Bangladeshi youth?! A diabolical plan indeed. Can i have some too?

Search me buddy. For the life of me I have not been able to figure out why the Bangladeshis dislike us so much. Pakistanis I can understand ..... but why these guys. We give them a country. We let them keep the country. We harbour and feed their destitute in the millions. And they hate us. Why bother ....

:cheers: Med schools the world over are the best man ..... one needs to experiment in pharmacology first before prescribing the same. ;) And some like the AFMC never ever grew out of the the flower-power era ..... :whistle:

Cheers, Doc

Orright I dunno how I accidentaly bumped over this forum, (my first time here actually so don bother), but this one really needs some bashing from behind.

dude vsdoc, I'm definitely sure you are from WB as I know about their Inferiority complex toward us. I mean you gave us freedom?:yahoo: So the tens of thousands of freedom fighters(compared to what 1200?indians) died watching streaptease?
When 70% of pakistani force were demolished and those paranoid pakistani generals attacked india following Israeli tactics, India was forced intervane when there was nobody else to fight They are paranoid you know?
I have many relatives who were freedom fighters my Uncle being one killed atleast 8 pakis before the end. Know some specs vsdoc you don't have to brag about what a pathetic loser you calcatians are really.
Now to all this ignorent bangladeshi posters, dude get a life, work for your country, I don give a f*** about Pakistan or India. I'm a countryman and I influence hundreds abroad and within the border though my work. My friends generate thousands of jobs, some can actually influence the governent. Atleast they do something to promote their country. This ignorent **** or indian worshipers from bangladesh should be kicked out ASAP.
Therefore I can actually face others before blaming everything on my country or neighboring junk countries. To anyone else from the neghbouring countries listen up, we are not as hopeless as this posters are and you certainly don't know how to rock!:cheers::mps:
Peace out!

Last edited:
Orright I dunno how I accidentaly bumped over this forum, (my first time here actually so don bother), but this one really needs some bashing from behind.

dude vsdoc, I'm definitely sure you are from WB as I know about their Inferiority complex toward us. I mean you gave us freedom?:yahoo: So the tens of thousands of freedom fighters(compared to what 1200?indians) died watching streaptease?
And from where did your tens of thousands of freedom fighters get their training and arms?
When 70% of pakistani force were demolished and those paranoid pakistani generals attacked india following Israeli tactics, India was forced intervane when there was nobody else to fight They are paranoid you know?
I have many relatives who were freedom fighters my Uncle being one killed atleast 8 pakis before the end. Know some specs vsdoc you don't have to brag about what a pathetic loser you calcatians are really.
With all due respects to your late uncle, his death would have been for a lost cause if India had not intervened. And what is
that ......"When 70% of pakistani force were demolished...."? Would like to have the source of your claim. No matter how strong Mukti Bahini or any other internal force were, none can defeat an army unless it is helped by armed forces of another nation, in this case India. So vsdoc is not wrong here. We did get you independence.:taz:

Now to all this ignorent bangladeshi posters, dude get a life, work for your country, I don give a f*** about Pakistan or India. I'm a countryman and I influence hundreds abroad and within the border though my work. My friends generate thousands of jobs, some can actually influence the governent. Atleast they do something to promote their country. This ignorent **** or indian worshipers from bangladesh should be kicked out ASAP.
Therefore I can actually face others before blaming everything on my country or neighboring junk countries. To anyone else from the neghbouring countries listen up, we are not as hopeless as this posters are and you certainly don't know how to rock!:cheers::mps:
Peace out!
Being pro-India means Indian worshippers? Strange logic.

i have friend from tripura....he has told me that its easy to get into bangladesh.....the guys at your border are happy at the sight of indian money and allow the people right in....this is what i was told...he told me that he has visited bangladesh quiet a few times like this to get some stuff like sports goods that are supposed to be cheap there.....

Could you please enlighten us why Tripura people have to cross the international border and come to BD?

Search me buddy. For the life of me I have not been able to figure out why the Bangladeshis dislike us so much. Pakistanis I can understand ..... but why these guys. We give them a country. We let them keep the country. We harbour and feed their destitute in the millions. And they hate us. Why bother ....

You better re-read your own post above. You will get all the answers to your central question why BD people dislike you.

Integra, please do not make any mistakes about the number of deaths in 1971 of Indian braves. It was 1300, but you are telling it was only 1200. Do you know that some Indians may sue you in an international court for making such a blunder? Indian death figure tells us that indeed Indians are good fighters. This same thing was seen in Bombay, too. In our case, we are not so brave. This is why so many lakhs of us were killed. We are so coward that most of us died not by bullets, but by the sound of bullets.

Integra, please do not make any mistakes about the number of deaths in 1971 of Indian braves. It was 1300, but you are telling it was only 1200. Do you know that some Indians may sue you in an international court for making such a blunder? Indian death figure tells us that indeed Indians are good fighters. This same thing was seen in Bombay, too. In our case, we are not so brave. This is why so many lakhs of us were killed. We are so coward that most of us died not by bullets, but by the sound of bullets.

Dude hope of you understand that no Indian is ever saying that Bagladeshi people did nothing. All we are saying is that without our help, Bangaladesh might not be possible. I would have been thankful to any country who would have made similar contribution for India.

Integra, I am a small town boy from sleepy lil Jamshedpur. Not a big city slicker like you Dhakans I'm afraid.

I'm happy for you that you are a proud Bangladeshi and are actually doing something for your country. The more of you there are, the less of your destitute my country will have to clothe and lodge and feed.

As for your take on 1971, as other compatriots of yours here, it does not really matter to Indians anymore.

We got what we set out to get, and I and my wife and kids proudly salute Field Marshall Sam Bahadur's new 9 foot tall bronze statue every time we drive past it.

And like you are proud of your freedom fighter lineage, I am even prouder that my kids carry in them the genes of apro Sam Bahadur.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
India is doing terrorism in Pakistan through Afghanistan. India created LTTE and started war in Sri Lanka. India is pushing drugs in Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan. India is also trying to create problems with Burma and China. India is also blocking water share of Pakistan and Bangladesh and also trying to destroy Bangladeshi Industry by dumping subsidized products in Bangladesh.

India is doing terrorism in Pakistan through Afghanistan. India created LTTE and started war in Sri Lanka. India is pushing drugs in Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan. India is also trying to create problems with Burma and China. India is also blocking water share of Pakistan and Bangladesh and also trying to destroy Bangladeshi Industry by dumping subsidized products in Bangladesh.
Pls take a break !!!
Same comments can come from other sides as well . This does not proves anything . By the way , good morning .

Back
Top Bottom