India retaliates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indo-guy

Reaction score
Country
India
Breaking news

Loksabha speaker Meira Kumar has declined to meet US congressional delegation as mark of protest against humiliating treatment meted to Indian diplomat

source : Times News

Speaker, NSA decline to meet US Congressional team | Siasat
New Delhi, December 16:
In a snub, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar and National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon Monday cancelled their meeting with a US Congressional delegation to protest the arrest and handcuffing of an Indian diplomat in New York last week.
"The speaker has declined to meet the US delegation, comprising Republican and Democrat members, as a sign of displeasure over the treatment meted out to India's deputy consul general in New York," a source told IANS.
The NSA too cancelled his meeting with the US delegation over the arrest and handcuffing of Devyani Khobragade who was charged last week with visa fraud and making false statements.
Khobragade, one of India's senior diplomats in New York, was accused by Manhattan's Indian American US Attorney Preet Bharara of visa fraud and exploiting her babysitter and housekeeper. She was handcuffed in public by law enforcement authorities in New York Thursday while she was dropping her daughter at school.
India has termed the treatment meted out to the envoy as "absolutely unacceptable".
US Ambassador Nancy Powell was summoned to South Block by Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh on Dec 13 and a strong protest lodged over the treatment.

Last edited:
A good one, more to follow I believe.

Even I do not know when will Modi make this as a election issue against congress!

Why is it a good step? She was under paying her maid which is a crime under US labor laws. Exploiting her maid will get you punished do not think since you are a diplomat you can go around breaking all laws.

Protest should happen in front of US embassy.

We don't have to be uncivilized like US ...but we must show our outrage !

Right message must go that we won't tolerate such humiliation...

I hope this is the first step ...our options are limited but we must exercise all.

I am not sure how this impasse is going to end ....The arrogant US so far have not even issued their customary 'regret'

No reason why we should relent ....we must escalate diplomatic retaliation ....

Why is it a good step? She was under paying her maid which is a crime under US labor laws. Exploiting her maid will get you punished do not think since you are a diplomat you can go around breaking all laws.

She was handcuffed in public while dropping her daughter to school.
There are other ways of arresting people. It seems the authorities were purposefully trying to humiliate her.
For god's sake she did not commit a murder!!

We don't have to be uncivilized like US ...but we must show our outrage !

Right message must go that we won't tolerate such humiliation...

I hope this is the first step ...our options are limited but we must exercise all.

I am not sure how this impasse is going to end ....The arrogant US so far have not even issued their customary 'regret'

No reason why we should relent ....we must escalate diplomatic retaliation ....

They will issue a regret message soon........ , India has decided to not to back down on this incident :cheers:

She was handcuffed in public while dropping her daughter to school.
There are other ways of arresting people. It seems the authorities were purposefully trying to humiliate her.
For god's sake she did not commit a murder!!

Yea this is not India where you can go on flaunting your contacts and no one will touch you. Touch any politician no even his assistant and bam " Do you know who I am" These high headed Babus/netas need a lesson. Good on US government

Well done :cheers:

Simultaneous refusal of both Lok sabha speaker and NSA to meet US delegation means India has undertaken this step in calculated fashion and it's not just the spontaneous reaction by two important dignitaries of Indian leadership .

This has been a co-ordinated move .

It has been more than 48 hours since India summoned US ambassador ...and so far not even 'regret' has been expressed by US authorities ...seems we are set for full diplomatic show down ....

I am not sure if congress has show any will to fight for prestige of India .

Simultaneous refusal of both Lok sabha speaker and NSA to meet US delegation means India has undertaken this step in calculated fashion and it's not just the spontaneous reaction by two important dignitaries of Indian leadership .

This has been a co-ordinated move .

It has been more than 48 hours since India summoned US ambassador ...and so far not even 'regret' has been expressed by US authorities ...seems we are set for full diplomatic show down ....

I am not sure if congress has show any will to fight for prestige of India .

Either congress or BJP, this will become an election issue , at this point of time ,party in power will not back down.

USA will make sure Asian countries are shown in bad light just like the media campaigns going on against China.

Western media always try to demonize their enemies.

Yea this is not India where you can go on flaunting your contacts and no one will touch you. Touch any politician no even his assistant and bam " Do you know who I am" These high headed Babus/netas need a lesson. Good on US government

People like you are blot for the name of India !

Country like US shamelessly defended and protected their citizens who have been involved in serious charges such as murder on foreign soil ....

and morons like you go on praising US against public humiliation of our own country's diplomat .

If she had indeed committed crime she could have been still brought to face law without violating her right to dignity as diplomat of India .

Shame on you ....

Remove that Indian flag from your profile ....you servile idiot !

She is not anyone who can be handcuffed, She is a foreign dignitary from India, there are protocols to follow and they have to inform India first before doing any action.

There is a clear intention of doing damage to India in this incident and USA will have to issue an apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom