What's new

Delhi Police remove barricades from outside US embassy

I did not quote everything , but this is certainly interesting ...

To ensure diplomatic immunity, India shifts Devyani Khobragade to Permanent Mission in New York - Indian Express

In an effort to ensure that Devyani Khobragade gets full diplomatic immunity for her remaining stay in the United States, the government has transferred her to India's Permanent Mission in New York with immediate effect.

If this process were to go through, sources said, it would ensure that Khobragade would not be subjected to any arrest or custodial interrogation in the future.

By transferring Khobragade to India's UN mission, the government is aiming to get her full diplomatic immunity as the Permanent Mission of India is covered by the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations besides other UN rules.

I did not quote everything , but this is certainly interesting ...
What that proves is even the GOI knew she did not have immunity...or they never would have felt the need to transfer her.

What that proves is even the GOI knew she did not have immunity...or they never would have felt the need to transfer her.

Its not about the arrest, its about the way she was treated , its clearly violets Vienna convention.
You don't strip her, do a cavity search just because of this... Its utterly pathetic

Nothing short of an formal apology:butcher:

I agree.

The diplomat can be arrested only if the charges are of rape or murder.

On Topic> Right move by GOI.

But I am sure that Indian agencies are still secretly protecting the embassy.

Other measures mentioned in the article were necessary.

Its not about the arrest, its about the way she was treated , its clearly violets Vienna convention
As she did not have full diplomatic immunity it did NOT violate the Vienna rules. And by transferring her...the GOI admits this...as they have now put her in a position where she DOES get full immunity. That said....a strip search is in no way normal for this kind of thing....is the NYPD going nuts?

As she did not have full diplomatic immunity it did NOT violate the Vienna rules. And by transferring her...the GOI admits this...as they have now put her in a position where she DOES get full immunity. That said....a strip search is in no way normal for this kind of thing....is the NYPD going nuts?

GO read the rules .. India has clearly stated that Article 41 of the Vienna convention has been broken by the US govt...Even Counsel Generals have a special diplomatic status and .. and not to mention she was arrested while dropping her kids in school , that is the worst kind of arrest, the other two kind is she being summoned to court or she being arrested form home ... This is clearly a case of Deliberate humiliation

Her father is corrupt, and she is also. She should be called back immediately.

One of their diplomats should be arrested and put in Tihar ....

GO read the rules .. India has clearly stated that Article 41 of the Vienna convention has been broken by the US govt...Even Counsel Generals have a special diplomatic status and .. and not to mention she was arrested while dropping her kids in school , that is the worst kind of arrest, the other two kind is she being summoned to court or she being arrested form home ... This is clearly a case of Deliberate humiliation
I have read them. She was NOT an ambassador...not even the consul. (which are city based....if she worked for the embassy she would be in D.C.) The only immunity she gets is for official action....slavery doesn't count as official action in India, does it? And what the GOI clearly states by transfering her to the UN mission is they know it's true. (because UN ambassadors get the real immunity...like official national ambassadors). That said....they were trying to humiliate her.

One of their diplomats should be arrested and put in Tihar ....

No. Just reduce their immunity. But our diplomat should be called back anyhow, and must be punished in India. Because her father is involved in adarsh scam and she has also provided false documents. Which is harmful for the interest of the nation.

I have read them. She was NOT an ambassador...not even the consul. (which are city based....if she worked for the embassy she would be in D.C.) The only immunity she gets is for official action....slavery doesn't count as official action in India, does it? And what the GOI clearly states by transfering her to the UN mission is they know it's true. (because UN ambassadors get the real immunity...like official national ambassadors). That said....they were trying to humiliate her.

Her maid was getting free food, free housing , free shelter and Rs. 30000 which is a higher middle class income, free entertainment and other privileges... Does that sound like slavery to you ? what kind of crap do you folks hear in the US media ? or like the moronic court in the US told, should the diplomat give her more salary than she herself is given ? I doubt even bill gates gives her maid $4500 .

This is a drama done by Congress. Her father is in a lobby of corrupt leaders who are accused in Adarsh scam in India. Of course any one in embassy cannot be arrested the way she was, which was wrong. Only that part is what hurts Indians. Rest, she has produced false documents and must be immediately dismissed.

Her maid was getting free food, free housing , free shelter and Rs. 30000 which is a higher middle class income, free entertainment and other privileges... Does that sound like slavery to you ? what kind of crap do you folks hear in the US media ? or like the moronic court in the US told, should the diplomat give her more salary than she herself is given ? I doubt even bill gates gives her maid $4500 .

On papers they pay, but in actual in some cases servants get less then 400 dollars in US and other countries. Most of the pay is consumed by their officers only. It happens for actual! I know MEA very well.

Last edited:
Making the controversy over the arrest and maltreatment of Indian diplomat Devyani Khobargarde murkier, it has now emerged that the husband and two children of the absconding maid had obtained US visas and flown to New York.

The maid Sangeeta Richard’s family left for New York just two days before Dr. Khobargade was arrested, strip searched and lodged with common criminals for discrepancy in work contract with the maid Sangeeta Richards.

Ms. Richard’s family was given U.S. visas even though New Delhi had been regularly petitioning the Americans to trace her after she went missing in June and send her back to the country. There was also a court injunction against the maid after India complained that she had absconded with her diplomatic passport.

India is demanding the diplomat be allowed to return home and all charges against her dropped.

Unlike two previous cases, this was the first time the U.S. Government had filed criminal charges.

India has refuted the contention that security of the U.S. Embassy had been compromised with the removal of concrete barricades. The police picket and the usual complement of the diplomatic security force still keeps tabs on the security around the embassy.

As for narrowed parking space around the embassy, this was a reciprocal gesture after the reserved parking slot opposite the Indian Embassy in Washington was converted into a general parking lot,

Maid’s family given US visas just before diplomat's arrest - The Hindu

On papers they pay, but in actual in some cases servants get less then 400 dollars in US and other countries. Most of the pay is consumed by their officers only. It happens for actual! I know MEA very well.

Until what you have stated is proven with a link , this is utter nonsense . Several of my family and friends are in the MEA and i can assure you this is complete BS ...

Making the controversy over the arrest and maltreatment of Indian diplomat Devyani Khobargarde murkier, it has now emerged that the husband and two children of the absconding maid had obtained US visas and flown to New York.

The maid Sangeeta Richard’s family left for New York just two days before Dr. Khobargade was arrested, strip searched and lodged with common criminals for discrepancy in work contract with the maid Sangeeta Richards.

Ms. Richard’s family was given U.S. visas even though New Delhi had been regularly petitioning the Americans to trace her after she went missing in June and send her back to the country. There was also a court injunction against the maid after India complained that she had absconded with her diplomatic passport.

India is demanding the diplomat be allowed to return home and all charges against her dropped.

Unlike two previous cases, this was the first time the U.S. Government had filed criminal charges.

India has refuted the contention that security of the U.S. Embassy had been compromised with the removal of concrete barricades. The police picket and the usual complement of the diplomatic security force still keeps tabs on the security around the embassy.

As for narrowed parking space around the embassy, this was a reciprocal gesture after the reserved parking slot opposite the Indian Embassy in Washington was converted into a general parking lot,

Maid’s family given US visas just before diplomat's arrest - The Hindu

This is a completely planned move by the U.S ..

Back
Top Bottom