What's new

Delhi Police remove barricades from outside US embassy

Her maid was getting free food, free housing , free shelter and Rs. 30000 which is a higher middle class income, free entertainment and other privileges... Does that sound like slavery to you ? what kind of crap do you folks hear in the US media ? or like the moronic court in the US told, should the diplomat give her more salary than she herself is given ? I doubt even bill gates gives her maid $4500 .

Maids and nannies are a luxury who only some high earning people could afford. Even Americans who have a household income twice or more than what this diplomat earns(quoting $100,000 mentioned in the media) can't afford them and so do all their work themselves and pay for babysitters the minimum wage as per laws and stick to the hours and weekdays to reduce the expense. If she can't pay the salary, then she should not have got the nanny with false document filing. You can claim she was getting free food, free housing etc but there is also something called tax owed to IRS for $4500 which is around 25%. Having stated that, your point about bill gates not able yo pay his maid $4500, come to a city near me - Greenwich, CT where nannies are paid $100,000 per year for taking care of the household.

wasn't this your justification for her arrest ?

That was not directed to this current crisis, but a general procedure. If a diplomat is accused, then they are arrested, like in UK when an IFS officer was arrested for beating his wife.

Maids and nannies are a luxury who only some high earning people could afford. Even Americans who have a household income twice or more than what this diplomat earns(quoting $100,000 mentioned in the media) can't afford them and so do all their work themselves and pay for babysitters the minimum wage as per laws and stick to the hours and weekdays to reduce the expense. If she can't pay the salary, then she should not have got the nanny with false document filing. You can claim she was getting free food, free housing etc but there is also something called tax owed to IRS for $4500 which is around 25%. Having stated that, your point about bill gates not able yo pay his maid $4500, come to a city near me - Greenwich, CT where nannies are paid $100,000 per year for taking care of the household.

She went there because she agreed with the pay , Rs 30000 is hell of a lot of money . or are you telling me the diplomat should pay her $4500 when she herself gets $4150. the false documents have not been proven..its an allegation , the father has told its a false allegation...so lets not assume it as the truth ...

This is an entirely different issue with the nanny threating the diplomat . she wanted $10000 and a green card or she would sue her . There is a lot more here ...the whole nanny thing is just a sad excuse

She went there because she agreed with the pay , Rs 30000 is hell of a lot of money . or are you telling me the diplomat should pay her $4500 when she herself gets $4150. the false documents have not been proven..its an allegation , the father has told its a false allegation...so lets not assume it as the truth ...

what ever it is, but some one has complained from the CGI itself. It is a political drama by the congress. There is a big lobby sitting in Maharashtra, safeguarding corrupt people. She should be called back after she gets immunity.

Breaking News

Maids whole family migrated to usa on dec 10 , Indian Government says conspiracy was hatched to frame her .

what ever it is, but some one has complained from the CGI itself. It is a political drama by the congress. There is a big lobby sitting in Maharashtra, safeguarding corrupt people. She should be called back after she gets immunity.

What ever...... this was a planned move as the maids entire family fled before the arrest itself

Making the controversy over the arrest and maltreatment of Indian diplomat Devyani Khobargarde murkier, it has now emerged that the husband and two children of the absconding maid had obtained US visas and flown to New York.

The maid Sangeeta Richard’s family left for New York just two days before Dr. Khobargade was arrested, strip searched and lodged with common criminals for discrepancy in work contract with the maid Sangeeta Richards.

Ms. Richard’s family was given U.S. visas even though New Delhi had been regularly petitioning the Americans to trace her after she went missing in June and send her back to the country. There was also a court injunction against the maid after India complained that she had absconded with her diplomatic passport.

India is demanding the diplomat be allowed to return home and all charges against her dropped.

Unlike two previous cases, this was the first time the U.S. Government had filed criminal charges.

India has refuted the contention that security of the U.S. Embassy had been compromised with the removal of concrete barricades. The police picket and the usual complement of the diplomatic security force still keeps tabs on the security around the embassy.

As for narrowed parking space around the embassy, this was a reciprocal gesture after the reserved parking slot opposite the Indian Embassy in Washington was converted into a general parking lot,

Maid’s family given US visas just before diplomat's arrest - The Hindu
Breaking News

Maids whole family migrated to usa on dec 10 , Indian Government says conspiracy was hatched to frame her .

You don't just get free VISA so fast. Either way, if the maid played the US by giving them a false claim. Then there will be a huge uproar.

Now i am 100 % sure that Maid has stolen or copied some important documents from Indian embassy and Now US government is hell bend to protect her and her family . this is not simple case of visa issue , she has been compromised and it shows classic protocol used by US intelligent agencies to take a Asset out of the Host country .

Now i am 100 % sure that Maid has stolen or copied some important documents from Indian embassy and Now US government is hell bend to protect her and her family .

Could be true , this whole diplomat issue might be to divert our attention ....

yeh sab political drama hai
How so, you don't just get US visa in couple of days, I had to wait 3-4 years to complete all the security checks and get the paperwork and interview done. And suddenly the family gets a visa and moves to US just days before the whole drama starts.

Now i am 100 % sure that Maid has stolen or copied some important documents from Indian embassy and Now US government is hell bend to protect her and her family . this is not simple case of visa issue , she has been compromised and it shows classic protocol used by US intelligent agencies to take a Asset out of the Host country .

Possible but if such things happen it should happen in Embassy and not in CGI

How so, you don't just get US visa in couple of days, I had to wait 3-4 years to complete all the security checks and get the paperwork and interview done. And suddenly the family gets a visa and moves to US just days before the whole drama starts.

they might have applied few months back and in case of such crisis, the emergency visas are given within 24 hours.

they might have applied few months back.

Mate it literally takes a year just to get the interview date let alone get the paper work done for that interview. You need to get your health work done, police background check done and other paper work done just to get the interview date. So I am highly doubting the whole thing right now. Seems like a big scam to me from the maid side.

Back
Top Bottom