What's new

Delhi Police remove barricades from outside US embassy

Mate it literally takes a year just to get the interview date let alone, get the paper work done for that interview. You need to get you health work done, police background check done and other paper work done just to get the interview date. So I am highly doubting the whole thing right now. Seems like a big scam to me from the maid side.

every country has a provision, and consuls in respect HOI or Embassies have power to grant emergency visas after talking to HQ.

She went there because she agreed with the pay , Rs 30000 is hell of a lot of money . or are you telling me the diplomat should pay her $4500 when she herself gets $4150. the false documents have not been proven..its an allegation , the father has told its a false allegation...so lets not assume it as the truth ...

This is an entirely different issue with the nanny threating the diplomat . she wanted $10000 and a green card or she would sue her . There is a lot more here ...the whole nanny thing is just a sad excuse

She is accused of felony and arrested but if charges are false, then it can be assured she would get justice and she can sue the pants off NYPD for millions. The false documents charge need to be proven in the court but there should be a prima facie evidence without which NYPD wouldn't have acted. One look at the documents filed will show whether she had false nos. Also her father started putting in the defense that one of the forms DS160 is filled by the nanny and not by his daughter. She might get paid $100,000 but there might be a supplemental income quoted by her or someone in The US consulate should have done her favors in which case it will come out in the open when the case proceedings happen. If so, the peraon should be prosecuted as well. All these you scratch my back and I will need to stop as these diplomats are not elite crowd(goes for US diplomats as well whose special privileges in India are being revoked as retaliatory measure by GOI). You are the same under the law whether it is US' or India's.

every country has a provision, and consuls in respect HOI or Embassies have power to grant emergency visas after talking to HQ.
That is the big problem here, you are telling me she suddenly get a free visa for her family, for a small case such as this. When there are people from around the world and in India whose situation are much dire than this.

That is the big problem here, you are telling me she suddenly get a free visa for her family, for a small case such as this. When there are people from around the world and in India whose situation are much dire than this.
emergency visas are not normal visas B or H visas. They are for limited period, they need to take permission before leaving NY, then need assurance from GOI that they will return. That's how it is given.

emergency visas are not normal visas B or H visas. They are for limited period, they need to take permission before leaving NY, then need assurance from GOI that they will return. That's how it is given.

Again big point being why did they get an emergency VISA and under what condition.

what was their emergency ?? it looks like all American agencies worked in sync to facilitate their escape before Actual arrest of the diplomat takes place

Again big point being why did they get an emergency VISA and under what condition.

like they have to pay their own medical bill, no insurance will be given, they cannot leave NY, for every extra day in US territory they have to pay 1000 dollars if exceeds the time limit, etc etc. We have to wait for further news. I am blank why it was given though.

like they have to pay their own medical bill, no insurance will be given, they cannot leave NY, for every extra day in US territory they have to pay 1000 dollars if exceeds the time limit, etc etc. We have to wait for further news. I am blank why it was given though.
That is the only thing that is troubling me with the whole issue. It is too much of a coincidence that they leave the country before this happens.

That is the only thing that is troubling me with the whole issue. It is too much of a coincidence that they leave the country before this happens.

In that case once she gets immunity, she should be repatriated. Other wise it will put pressure on all agencies.

Bail pleas of all the crew members of US ship dismissed
PTI Madurai, December 18, 2013

First Published: 17:43 IST(18/12/2013) | Last Updated: 17:48 IST(18/12/2013)

Ads by Google
Axis Bank TaxAssistwww.axisbank.com/Tax-Assist - Plan your taxes with the TaxAssist Calculator & save upto ₹ 41,715
email.gif
Email
print.gif
print
Font Size
A | A+ | A-
Subscribe Breaking News Alert
Comments

Advertisement
The Madras high court bench in Madurai on Wednesday dismissed bail petitions of all the crew members of a US ship, arrested on charges of illegally carrying weapons on board the vessel and straying into Indian waters, stating the probe was in the initial stage and if they were released on bail, it could affect the investigation.

Justice M Sathyanarayanan said the petitioners did not provide sufficient documents to justify that they could be released on bail.

The 35 crew members of the ship MV Seeman Ohio were arrested on October 18 by Tamil Nadu police after it was intercepted by the coast guard. They were booked under Arms Act and Essential Commodities Act.

The ship crew was also accused of illegal purchase of diesel from local agents.

The judge, however, granted conditional bail to V Selvam, who was arrested along with five others for illegally providing 1500 litres of diesel to the ship.

The judge directed him to provide two personal sureties for Rs. 10000 each and sign before the Q-branch police daily until further orders.

But the anticipatory bail plea of Munithevan, who was also accused in the supply of diesel, was denied by the judge.

The captain of the ship, Dudinik Valentyn, nine other crew members and 25 guards of the ship in their bail plea alleged that the vessel was "asked to come to the port for taking shelter to escape from the cyclonic weather conditions in the Bay of Bengal. On reaching the port, as many 25 officials from eight different agencies barged into the anti-piracy vessel and confined all the 35 crew and falsely they intercepted the vessel on October 12."

The counsel for the crew contended that based on the Doctrine of Innocent Passage as envisaged in Section 3 of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea-1982, no charge could be levelled against the crew.

Twenty two foreign nationals among the crew are lodged in the Chennai Puzhal Central prison while another from UK and 12 Indians are in the Palayalamkottai Central Prison in Tirunelveli.

you are right.they have great sense of exceptionalism.our govt extended certain privileges to them unilaterally.and thanks to this development they woke up.they are now treated equally as any other diplomat in the country.
I sincerely hope that India keeps up this stance, may be next time there is no opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom