What's new

India retaliates

Status
Not open for further replies.
That maid after giving initial complaint is missing since june!

According to the embassy, the Delhi High Court had issued an-interim injunction in September to restrain Richards from instituting any actions or proceedings against Khobragade outside India on the terms or conditions of her employment.

Read more at: Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade arrested in New York for exploiting maid and visa fraud, released on bail of $2,50,000 : World, News - India Today

So are you now claiming that the Maid went to the Us on an 'Abnormal' Indian passport ? .

Diplomat had obtained the Indian government official passport for Sangeeta(Maid). As long as she is working as a maid, she can hold that passport and stay in the US. But she wanted to settle down in the US by getting a green card. So, she asked Devyani to get her the normal Indian passport.

When Devyani turned down her demand, she started threatening and blackmailing her. She demanded $10,000 and a normal Indian passport. She threatened Devyani by saying she would file a harassment complaint against her. Devyani told Sangeeta that it was not in her hand to get her a regular Indian passport. She even offered to get her a return ticket to India. But, she would have none of it.[/quote]

We all know how Indian top government officials/politicians abuse their powers. She must be no exception. I hate them all.

And besides US judiciary is just and unbiased. Not like Indian courts where lalu Yadav walked out on bail again lol what a joke of a country. Worry about reputation too much? First get rid of the third world status then we can talk of reputation.

And dont ask me to remove my flag. Me and my family help poor people regularly. I donated my entire first month's income on my first job. I bet you do not lose even a single bhartiya rupya to a needy.

USA is not the place to discipline Indian officials.

Perhaps you do not know that the lady in question is also out on bail. So does that make US courts biased??

You publicise your charity work and demand credit.

You are a looser.

Why is it a good step? She was under paying her maid which is a crime under US labor laws. Exploiting her maid will get you punished do not think since you are a diplomat you can go around breaking all laws.
Arre, but does it mean you will be humiliated in public? How many canadian or USA politicians have u seen been handcuffed in public or humiliated openly for breaking a law? Plz name some.

USA cannot simply treat people on basis of what region they come from. They are mistaken if they try to treat us like Pakistan. India aint no Pakistan. I wasnt 50 yrs back, It isnt now.

Diplomat had obtained the Indian government official passport for Sangeeta(Maid). As long as she is working as a maid, she can hold that passport and stay in the US. But she wanted to settle down in the US by getting a green card. So, she asked Devyani to get her the normal Indian passport.

When Devyani turned down her demand, she started threatening and blackmailing her. She demanded $10,000 and a normal Indian passport. She threatened Devyani by saying she would file a harassment complaint against her. Devyani told Sangeeta that it was not in her hand to get her a regular Indian passport. She even offered to get her a return ticket to India. But, she would have none of it.

So it looks like the Maid went to the US on a Diplomatic Passport. Make sense since it would have granted her immunity and protection as any other member of the Diplomatic mission.

According to the embassy, the Delhi High Court had issued an-interim injunction in September to restrain Richards from instituting any actions or proceedings against Khobragade outside India on the terms or conditions of her employment.
This sounds very stupid, preventing someone from using their legal options in another country.

We all know how Indian top government officials/politicians abuse their powers. She must be no exception. I hate them all.

And besides US judiciary is just and unbiased. Not like Indian courts where lalu Yadav walked out on bail again lol what a joke of a country. Worry about reputation too much? First get rid of the third world status then we can talk of reputation.

And dont ask me to remove my flag. Me and my family help poor people regularly. I donated my entire first month's income on my first job. I bet you do not lose even a single bhartiya rupya to a needy.

what a bigot you are ...just because of your personal experience with beureaucrats ...you have no qualms about tarnishing image of whole country ?

By donating your first salary to few poor ...have you earned the right to deface and defame the people of whole India ???

according to you since India is a third world country ...anybody can treat her anyhow ???

Go some- other place to publicize your donations ....

How small and narrow minded you are is well evident from your tall assertions ...

I know how much I have donated and who ...I don't have to declare it publicaly to feel important and great ....

You are much more stupid than I believed you to be in first place.....

You are discussing your donation of first salary on International forum and in a thread pertaining to arrest of Indian diplomat ....seems you were dying to declare your donations to whole world ....

you were so desperate to do so that you have done it in very first opportunity ....

Congrats for your donations anyway ....

I will tell you 2 lines of Vajpayee

Man ki faqiri ke saamne
Kuber ki sampatti bhi fiqi hai ....

If you have some sense left in you , you will understand what those 2 lines say about yourself !!!

Last edited:
This sounds very stupid, preventing someone from using their legal options in another country.

Not at all. She was an Indian citizen and Indian courts have jurisdiction over her. Besides the contract was signed and registered in India so how can it be challenged in a foreign court ?

Our IFS is needs a massive overhaul if it is to cater to India's diplomatic challenges in future. Countries like the US will continue to treat our Diplomats like Sh!t unless the IFS builds a solid reputation about itself. Shashi Tharoor has given some brilliant inputs in this article.

The Indian Foreign Service: Worthy of an Emerging Power? | The Diplomat

A step in the right direction. Indian diplomats are soft target for US law enforcement agencies. Just imagine if these kinda stunts are pulled against say someone from Russia or Venezuela. There would be tit for tat plus action & US without any remorse.

Though deputy counsel do not have immunity in that case, according to vienna convention, no diplomat should be handcuffed.
US have done that in public, that too in a school.

It is not just Vienna convention - US state department protocol for Diplomat Security clearly mentions the Principle of Inviolability of Diplomat ....

US authorities have simply trampled the protocol issued by their own State department ....

Despite such outrageous move no apology or no regrets are forthcoming ....

shows how much US really cares about countries like India....

This is the same country whose President shamelessly wrote letter to our PM to back the case of American companies ....

We must strengthen ourselves.. as long as we remain weak , behave weak we will be subjected to such humiliations again and again ...

Last edited:
Our IFS is needs a massive overhaul if it is to cater to India's diplomatic challenges in future. Countries like the US will continue to treat our Diplomats like Sh!t unless the IFS builds a solid reputation about itself. Shashi Tharoor has given some brilliant inputs in this article.

The Indian Foreign Service: Worthy of an Emerging Power? | The Diplomat

This is a well know problem area and has been know for the last couple of years. There have been other articles detailing this problem.

The same problem exist even in our internal Bureaucracy and the Indian Defense Forces officer cadre (NDA).

The real question is what did Sashi Tharoor do when he had the power to effect a change ? Help his girl friend get a IPL cricket team and call air travelers cattle class ? Sashi Tharoor is part of the problem, not the solution.

It is not just Vienna convention - US state department protocol for Diplomat Security clearly mentions the Principle of Inviolability of Diplomat ....
US authorities have simply trampled the protocol issued by their own State department ....
Despite such outrageous move no apology or no regrets are forthcoming ....
shows how much US really cares about countries like US ....
This is the same country whose President shamelessly wrote letter to our PM to back the case of American companies ....

It is worse. The Diplomat was made to surrender her passport to the US court. So in reality she is already under Virtual Imprisonment and cannot leave the US.

This is a well know problem area and has been know for the last couple of years. There have been other articles detailing this problem.

The same problem exist even in our internal Bureaucracy and the Indian Defense Forces officer cadre (NDA).

The real question is what did Sashi Tharoor do when he had the power to effect a change ? Help his girl friend get a IPL cricket team and call air travelers cattle class ? Sashi Tharoor is part of the problem, not the solution.
Yeah, but at least he seems to know what the problem is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom