What's new

India Responds to China Navy

Tibet and Askai Chin will be flash points in future.

do u mean Arunachal Pradesh

And other than fairy tales of Indian media, there is a long way to go to even match china capability let alone beat it. Trillions of dollars n GDP cannot be added over a matter of decade or two.

it was in the year 2004 when India touched the mark of $1 billion,by 2014 we r poised to cross $2trillion,yes if it is India trillions can b added with in a decade

Even the Indian aircraft carrier is a dwarf compared to what China is building.

actually which aircraft carrier,provide it's specification,i only know one thing,by the time china will launching its first aircraft carrier,we will b operating 3 by that time

Is anyone thinking about the post growth period?? After the WW2 soviet union was blessed with rapid growth while most of the world had a stagnated start. However they couldn't contain this grown forever?? Even the industrial kingpin USA is not immune to growth stagnation.

so by ur logic China will also stop,all in know within the next 3 yrs India is also poised to takeover China in the terms of Growth rate

The Chinese so far are building influence much more rapidly from railway contract to natural resources whole Indian talk about their bollywood as softpower??

will b happy to break ur myth once again,the Indian business conglomerates r investing at a rapid pace acquiring natural resources including coal,petroleum,gas,copper and bauxite worth billion's of $$$ at breakneck speed,India is no long the country which only used to receive FDI's,nowa days we r providing FDI's to another nations

Chinese insularity v Indian insecurity: a recipe for trouble

There is a very thorough overview of the fractious China-India relationship in this week’s Economist which describes the face off between the two Asian giants as the “Contest of the Century”.

This might sound a rather hyperbolic title, but when you consider the fact these nations account for roughly a third of the world’s population and an ever-growing portion of global economic heft, the relationship between these two nations is at least as crucial as the US-China relationship that currently fills the spotlight.

As the Economist contends – and correctly, I think – “How China and India manage their own relationship will determine whether similar mistakes to those that scarred the 20th century [will] disfigure this one.”

And yet, viewed from this side of Himalaya, it is extraordinary (to a former India correspondent, at least,) how little importance China attaches to India – in terms of column inches, in academic forums in the basic headspace set aside to consider the relationship. India is the Elephant in the Chinese room, except that you often wonder if China even knows it.

In India, by contrast, China features heavily in the media, looming massively over the endless conferences and academic talking shops set up to discuss, in rather navel-gazing fashion, who’s going to win the race to the top of the Asian superpower stakes.

India, with its favourable demographic and rising household savings rate, likes to fancy itself as the tortoise in a race that at present is being lead by the Chinese hare. Perhaps it is unfair to say so, but India is so far behind it doesn’t have much option but to hope that China’s rise will sink under the weight of its own internal contradictions.

The contrasting attitudes of each to the other reflect on the one hand Indian insecurity and on the other, Chinese insularity. This is a dangerous mix.

Indo-Chinese trade is growing, but as the Economist points out, it is a lop-sided, subservient relationship (Indian iron ore for Chinese finished goods) that deepens Indian fears of Chinese encirclement, as they are outflanked again and again in their own neigbourhood by China – in Burma, in Sri Lanka, In Pakistan.

At the same time, like an irritating little brother, China basically ignores India or treats it with ill-concealed contempt, both at a diplomatic level, but also on the street where attitudes to India are openly dismissive – a dirty, smelly, chaotic Third World kind of place in the view of many Chinese.

(As an aside, it will be interesting to see if the Chinese media and blogosphere can even be bothered to scorn India’s feeble efforts at organizing the Commonwealth Games, a badly handled second-tier event that – when compared to China’s stunningly accomplished Olympics of 2008 – tells you all you need to know about the gap between the two nations.)

In any event, the current state, or rather non-state of the relationship must be a source of serious concern.

If the US-China relationship is often described like a bad marriage, then the China-India relationship is like that of two very different brothers, who need to get on but at deep, deep level (far deeper than the territorial disputes that the Economists dwells upon far too heavily) are perhaps just incompatible.

The negative personal chemistry – Chinese insularity and Indian insecurity – is no platform for resolve the crunches that surely lie ahead – over water (Chinese dams on the Brahmaputra), over oil and natural resources (both nations have limited supplies and compete the world over to secure others) and in the Asian arms race that is now firmly underway.

............The contrasting attitudes of each to the other reflect on the one hand Indian insecurity and on the other, Chinese insularity. This is a dangerous mix..............

pathetic words...Just painting India in bad light without knowing the reality.
Indians in general are totally insular about China. Not much importance given to it. There is so much growth happening around, ppl dont have time to think about anythign else.

Insecurity. Who is always insecure in general. The one who is above or the one below..?? India doesnt have any insecurity from anyone. We are just concentrating on our growth and not competing with anyone. Insecurity is for those who like to compete and fear loosing their position.
India is only going ahead in time and not back:cheers:.

pathetic words...Just painting India in bad light without knowing the reality.
Indians in general are totally insular about China. Not much importance given to it. There is so much growth happening around, ppl dont have time to think about anythign else.

Insecurity. Who is always insecure in general. The one who is above or the one below..?? India doesnt have any insecurity from anyone. We are just concentrating on our growth and not competing with anyone. Insecurity is for those who like to compete and fear loosing their position.
India is only going ahead in time and not back:cheers:.

i rather believe in those experts views than a nobody like u:rofl::rofl:

@ChinaChina
expert views.....:lol:
why you changed the article heading..?? and also changed the article completely.

original is the below:
Contest of the century
http://www.economist.com/node/16846256

Excerpts from the article,

"As recently as the early 1990s, India was as rich, in terms of national income per head. China then hurtled so far ahead that it seemed India could never catch up. But India’s long-term prospects now look stronger. While China is about to see its working-age population shrink (see article), India is enjoying the sort of bulge in manpower which brought sustained booms elsewhere in Asia. It is no longer inconceivable that its growth could outpace China’s for a considerable time. It has the advantage of democracy—at least as a pressure valve for discontent. And India’s army is, in numbers, second only to China’s and America’s: it has 100,000 soldiers in disputed Arunachal Pradesh (twice as many as America will soon have in Iraq). And because India does not threaten the West, it has powerful friends both on its own merits and as a counterweight to China."

So who has to be insecure. surely not India but China, with the past situation changing fast and India beginning to rise rapidly.

"The prospect of renewed war between India and China is, for now, something that disturbs the sleep only of virulent nationalists in the Chinese press and retired colonels in Indian think-tanks.
Optimists prefer to hail the $60 billion in trade the two are expected to do with each other this year (230 times the total in 1990)"

so i think it is correct to say both countries got concerns.
But i hope both countries show maturity and could avoid any confrontation. The potential for trade is immense.:cheers:

Last edited:
Just compare the number of posts about China in India defence forum to the number of posts about India in China Defence Forum. I think the article is very observant.

Just compare the number of posts about China in India defence forum to the number of posts about India in China Defence Forum. I think the article is very observant.
if you also count the number of Indians replying on China-defense and number of Chinese replying on India-Defense that will show who is more interested where.
The original article posted by me above is for sure observent. But the distortion put buy China-China was not in good taste.

I went through 5 pages of posts in China defence and there where only 2 posts about India. One posted by justin joseph (Indian Member) trolling the forum, and the other comparing Indian democracy to Chinese efficiency.

I looked through 5 pages of posts in India defence and found 11 posts regards to China and they all contain things like India moves missiles to border, China aim missiles at India, China string of pearls, China evil boogeyman (ok I made the last one up but you get the point)

I went through 5 pages of posts in China defence and there where only 2 posts about India. One posted by justin joseph (Indian Member) trolling the forum, and the other comparing Indian democracy to Chinese efficiency.

I looked through 5 pages of posts in India defence and found 11 posts regards to China and they all contain things like India moves missiles to border, China aim missiles at India, China string of pearls, China evil boogeyman (ok I made the last one up but you get the point)

I see lot of Chinese here on India defense including you and rarely very few Indians on China defense.

Also if China were to move missiles to India border why shouldnt we discuss, like u discuss when America want to move carrier to South China sea. After all it is a military forum.

Last edited:
I see lot of Chinese here on India defense including you and rarely very few Indians on China defense.

Also if China were to move missiles to India border why shouldnt we discuss. After all it is a military forum.

I like this sub forum because I'm interested in India, I try to start constructive threads and threads that are interesting to Indian members, but inevitably I get dragged into these mud sling matches, because I feel the need to point out some of the falsehood about China and it's intentions that gets posted here.

I like this sub forum because I'm interested in India, .
I am not saying u shouldnt come here. You are most welcome.:welcome: But the conclusion u drew from it was not correct. Indians just dont care about the Chinese activities at all. Hardly less then 1 percent Indians thin about it. In my whole freind circle and my entire workplace where i work i do not have any other friend/person thinking about Chinese activities. This is for urban India where ppl are mostly concerned about their work and development only. You can well imagine about rural India then if they think about China even once in a lifetime..!!! You are totally wrong thinking Indians are at all occupied with China. IT is not reality.

But the strategic circles in both countries surely analyse each other closely.

and secondly Indian media is free and they do share and discuss opinions on a wide range of spectrum from Aman ki Asha to any other thing you can imagine.

I try to start constructive threads and threads that are interesting to Indian members, but inevitably I get dragged into these mud sling matches, because I feel the need to point out some of the falsehood about China and it's intentions that gets posted here
There is this problem here. The govt of China does not represent the people of China thinking(though it represents the people!!). Even if the common Chinese are good people, what goes in strategic circles in China has got nothing to do with it.

and the actions taken by any govt are going to be discussed on the forums around the world whether it be by India China, Russia , US or anyone.

If u feel something is false you shoud try to prove it. Rest military forums are meant to discuss everything related to defense. If not here then where will you discuss.

Last edited:
@ChinaChina
expert views.....:lol:
why you changed the article heading..?? and also changed the article completely.

original is the below:
Contest of the century
http://www.economist.com/node/16846256

Excerpts from the article,

"As recently as the early 1990s, India was as rich, in terms of national income per head. China then hurtled so far ahead that it seemed India could never catch up. But India’s long-term prospects now look stronger. While China is about to see its working-age population shrink (see article), India is enjoying the sort of bulge in manpower which brought sustained booms elsewhere in Asia. It is no longer inconceivable that its growth could outpace China’s for a considerable time. It has the advantage of democracy—at least as a pressure valve for discontent. And India’s army is, in numbers, second only to China’s and America’s: it has 100,000 soldiers in disputed Arunachal Pradesh (twice as many as America will soon have in Iraq). And because India does not threaten the West, it has powerful friends both on its own merits and as a counterweight to China."

So who has to be insecure. surely not India but China, with the past situation changing fast and India beginning to rise rapidly.

"The prospect of renewed war between India and China is, for now, something that disturbs the sleep only of virulent nationalists in the Chinese press and retired colonels in Indian think-tanks.
Optimists prefer to hail the $60 billion in trade the two are expected to do with each other this year (230 times the total in 1990)"

so i think it is correct to say both countries got concerns.
But i hope both countries show maturity and could avoid any confrontation. The potential for trade is immense.:cheers:

here s the link go take a look if i had change anything.

Chinese insularity v Indian insecurity: a recipe for trouble – Telegraph Blogs

A country of 1/4 GDP engaged in an arms race with much bigger rival. China seems to be playing the cold war trick. The poverty in India is actually on the rise with recent inflation as the government pumping billions in defense while cutting down subsidies rapidly. Where will this madness end??

Take a chill-pill man.............Thx for your concerns abuot India. May be this will help to calm down your worries about India:

Top_five_largest_economies_in_2050.jpg

Top five largest economies in 2050.jpg

Dreaming with BRICs: The Path to 2050

Here's what Goldman Sachs had to say in its original report (defended in the paper Dreaming with BRICs: The Path to 2050) "Dreaming with BRICS: The Path to 2050," published in 2003:

• China's economy will surpass Germany in the next few years, Japan by 2015, and the United States by 2041.
  • India's growth rate will be the highest—not China's -- and it will overtake Japan (today the world's second-largest economy) by 2032.
  • BRICs’ currencies could appreciate by 300% over the next 50 years, providing a big tailwind for investors in BRIC assets.
  • Taken together, the BRICs could be larger than the United States and the developed economies of Europe within 40 years.
  • By 2025, BRICs will bring another 200 million people with incomes above $15,000 into the world's economy. That's equal to the combined populations of Germany, France and the United Kingdom.

However, Goldman Sachs has now become more bullish on the BRICs since it published its original report. The size of China's economy overtook Germany's economy in 2007, a year earlier than expected, and has over taken Japan's in July, 2010. Goldman Sachs now believes that the Chinese economy will overtake the United States by 2027. And with India accounting for 10 of the 30 fastest-growing urban areas in the world and 700 million people moving to cities by 2050, its influence on the world economy will be bigger and quicker than implied in 2003.

The BRIC thesis recognizes that Brazil, Russia, India and China have changed their political systems to embrace global capitalism. Goldman Sachs predicts China and India, respectively, to be the dominant global suppliers of manufactured goods and services while Brazil and Russia would become similarly dominant as suppliers of raw materials. Cooperation is thus hypothesized to be a logical next step among the BRICs because Brazil and Russia together form the logical commodity suppliers to India and China. Thus, the BRICs have the potential to form a powerful economic bloc to the exclusion of the modern-day states currently of "Group of Eight" status. Brazil is dominant in soy and iron ore while Russia has enormous supplies of oil and natural gas. Goldman Sachs' thesis thus documents how commodities, work, technology, and companies have diffused outward from the United States across the world.

Following the end of the Cold War or even before, the governments comprising BRIC all initiated economic or political reforms to allow their countries to enter the world economy. In order to compete, these countries have simultaneously stressed education, foreign investment, domestic consumption, and domestic entrepreneurship.

So your dreams are not going to fulfil.

As Astrology is my hobby, I believe its my duty to draw a picture of future for you..........here it is:

BRIC2010.jpg

Point to be noted, for you, is: How close India and China are.;)

:smokin:

I like this sub forum because I'm interested in India, I try to start constructive threads and threads that are interesting to Indian members, but inevitably I get dragged into these mud sling matches, because I feel the need to point out some of the falsehood about China and it's intentions that gets posted here.

buddy its the same here,we r also interested in China thats why people make obvious comparison's about India and China,we compare with u because u r among the nation's that is developing at a breakneck speed,take this us an appreciation rather than mudslinging

A country of 1/4 GDP engaged in an arms race with much bigger rival. China seems to be playing the cold war trick. The poverty in India is actually on the rise with recent inflation as the government pumping billions in defense while cutting down subsidies rapidly. Where will this madness end??

China is not playing any tricks..........China is doing whatever they think is necessary for their future sovereignty and safety. And they have all rights (and lefts) to do that.:tup:

India is doing the same..........and India also got the same rights.:cool:

As far as Billions are concerned, that can be a huge amount for you, but only 2% of GDP for India.:smokin:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom