What's new

India Responds to China Navy

Also keep in mind neither Indian nor China had tactical nuclear capabilities (China just started experimenting with nukes) back then. If a second Sino-Indian War starts it could get out of hand very fast.

Please don't talk about nukes..........Two great nations with about 30% of world's popullation, using nukes against each other...........Horrifying; my worst nightmare!!!!:hang2:

If the western source that you are referring to is GlobalSecurity then the discussion ends here!

But from Indian POV, Nehru was certainly the culprit. He did not do what he had to. If only he had engaged the Indian air force, geography would have been different today.

ANY OTHER SOURCE THAN INDIAN SOURCES. Read a book, read a military history journal get your head out of reddit and ToI.

Whatever I knew I was wasting my time with you. Believe what you like, but he who doesn't learn his mistake is doomed to repeat it.

man look at your own developments 2 AC before china in service with IN 2 more to come P8,scorpene,arihant,akula II,new project on sun development,more destroyesr from russia i think cause of concern is india not china matter of fact india got aircraft carrier before china and china still dont have so cause of concer is india with more nuke subs conventional sub and dont know how many you will buy in future Mig 29K even china did not bought that much in span of 4 years time concern is india in asia no one is happy with india growing in the region

man look at your own developments 2 AC before china in service with IN 2 more to come P8,scorpene,arihant,akula II,new project on sun development,more destroyesr from russia i think cause of concern is india not china matter of fact india got aircraft carrier before china and china still dont have so cause of concer is india with more nuke subs conventional sub and dont know how many you will buy in future Mig 29K even china did not bought that much in span of 4 years time concern is india in asia no one is happy with india growing in the region

Since when did India initiate a project on sun development? :D

........and they say English is a funny language....hell yeah it is.

ANY OTHER SOURCE THAN INDIAN SOURCES. Read a book, read a military history journal get your head out of reddit and ToI.

Whatever I knew I was wasting my time with you. Believe what you like, but he who doesn't learn his mistake is doomed to repeat it.

lol.........u modified ur post.

OK, I will leave TOI (for good). So, what do you recommend - People's Daily Online? :D

If the western source that you are referring to is GlobalSecurity then the discussion ends here!

But from Indian POV, Nehru was certainly the culprit. He did not do what he had to. If only he had engaged the Indian air force, geography would have been different today.

Markus,there are a lot of things about Nehru i can bring out that"ll surprise you.The double games he played with China resulted in our soldiers paying a price.

Usage of IAF would have only multiplied our losses.The war already won by the Chinese when 6 months before they planned the whole thing well even the diplomatically and when we ignored the escalation of forward policy into a military conflict.

Also the geography is the same,post 1962,there is no territorial changes.

Markus,there are a lot of things about Nehru i can bring out that"ll surprise you.The double games he played with China resulted in our soldiers paying a price.

Usage of IAF would have only multiplied our losses.The war already won by the Chinese when 6 months before they planned the whole thing well even the diplomatically and when we ignored the escalation of forward policy into a military conflict.

Also the geography is the same,post 1962,there is no territorial changes.

I would not agree with the statement in bold.

Just think why did China not use the air force herself?

lol.........u modified ur post.

OK, I will leave TOI (for good). So, what do you recommend - People's Daily Online? :D

You seem to have trouble reading so I'll make it easier for you

Here is what I took out of my original post
If India used indian airforce, if India used geography, China would have been crushed etc etc

I was trying to spare you embarrassment for your obviously stupid statement. But if you insist.

Read a book, read a military history journal get your head out of
and ToI.

reddit.com is a pretty good site, especially sub-reddits on atheism and science ;)

Anyways let's get over the 1962 'we got backstabbed part'

The point is China has made forays into IoR which India traditionally considers as her neighborhood, like I said, how would you guys like it if India started making ports in the South China sea? India is just protecting her interests, end of story

@Markus
use of IAF would have escalated this into a full fledged war, thank god common sense prevailed

I would not agree with the statement in bold.

Just think why did China not use the air force herself?

Same reason why India didn't use her navy in 1965 war despite being bombed,i.e they didn't want widen the medium of conflict and end it as soon as possible.

Also,refer Chinese Aerial warfare in the Korean war.
The Chinese had one of the advanced fighters of that era the MIG-15s(also well experienced in using it) and just like how they out-flew American F-80 and Australian and British Gloster Meteors,similar way they would easily established air superiority by destroying our vintage British era fighter jets.

Besides,i don't think we had jets that could fly at such high altitudes at that time and provide cover for our troops as they lacked precision.

You seem to have trouble reading so I'll make it easier for you

Here is what I took out of my original post

I was trying to spare you embarrassment for your obviously stupid statement. But if you insist.

I have read what I wanted to - dont need lectures from you. Its high time you start reading too!

You brought Nehru in this discussion. We are progressive people and we are willing to be friends with your country even after what happened in 1962.

Now if you dont mind, I will take your leave, I am hungry and its time for my Chinese noodles.

reddit.com is a pretty good site, especially sub-reddits on atheism and science ;)

Anyways let's get over the 1962 'we got backstabbed part'

The point is China has made forays into IoR which India traditionally considers as her neighborhood, like I said, how would you guys like it if India started making ports in the South China sea? India is just protecting her interests, end of story

@Markus
use of IAF would have escalated this into a full fledged war, thank god common sense prevailed

+1

This is what ticks me off. The perpetuation of the this backstab myth. Idiots like markus is what stands between better relations in China and India.

(I don't know why I said reddit, it is actually better than most Indian papers)

+1

This is what ticks me off. The perpetuation of the this backstab myth. Idiots like markus is what stands between better relations in China and India.

(I don't know why I said reddit, it is actually better than most Indian papers)

Its you who is an idiot - if you want to improve relations and want to learn on how to behave and what to write, then take some lessons from your Chinese member "Chinese Dragon" before opening your mouth.

And you think we will stop reading Indian newspapers because YOU SAID SO.

Its you who is an idiot - if you want to improve relations and want to learn on how to behave and what to write, then take some lessons from your Chinese member "Chinese Dragon" before opening your mouth.

Thought you were leaving.

Back
Top Bottom