What's new

India Responds to China Navy

That is actually a lot of money to be used. But if you stayed outside India, you will know the the perception of foreigners on ordinary people of India will not to be your liking.

It seem like the gap between the poor and rich is very large. BTW how large is the meddle income group? These people should be politically the most influencial people.

I can understand the emotion of Indians regarding the 1962 war, well hopefully both side can mend the ties.

'India has more rich people than poor now'

NEW DELHI: For the first time ever, the number of high-income households in India has exceeded the number of low-income, the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) has estimated.

In its report, "How India Earns, Spends and Saves", released on Saturday, the NCAER estimated that despite the economic slowdown of the last three years, the number of high-income households has reached 46.7 million by March 2010, exceeding the 41 million households counted as low-incomes.

It started with just 13.8 million households described as high-income, or earning more than Rs 1.8 lakh per annum at 2001-02 prices. Meanwhile, 65.2 million households were classified as low-income or earning less than Rs 45,000 per year. The NCAER estimated that middle-income households, or those earning between Rs 45,000 and Rs 1.8 lakh per annum, rose sharply from 109.2 million to 140.7 million in the decade.

A new report says that the slowdown in the growth in the last three years of the decade had the maximum impact on middle income households. Though in absolute terms the number of middleclass households grew from 135.9 million in 2007-08 to 140.7 million by 2009-10, in percentage terms it fell marginally from 62% of all households to 61.6% in the same period.

Interestingly, the slowdown did not impact the expansion in the number of high-income households, which grew from 16.8% to 20.5% of all households in the last two years. The fall in the number of low-income households was also sharp, from 21.1% to 17.9% during the period.

NCAER, in the report also estimated the number of families having income between Rs 2 lakh and Rs 10 lakh per annum, which is close to the World Bank definition of middle class, at 28.4 million by 2009-10. The number of such middle-class households was 4.5 million in 1995-96 and 10.7 million in 2001-02. The report said that two-thirds of the Indian middle class is to be found in urban India and that trend has continued in the last 15 years also. India has one of the highest savings rates in the world, with savings constituting an estimated 36% of the GDP.

Do you think that China can place a Navy at String of Pearls ports, which can defeat or fight aggresively with Indian Navy? I really doubt!!! I believe reason for String of Pearls is more economical than military!!!

Chinese are not foolish people, they would never go on a suicide mission for a puppet state. They know better than to be left unprotected at there own Sea. Our economists have projected $200 Billion trade in next 4 years between China-India. A Businessman will never destroy his business, just to satisfy his ego, Nor China will ever send it's fleet to agitate India. They have bigger fish to swim against in this hostile world than India.

Chinese are not foolish people, they would never go on a suicide mission for a puppet state. They know better than to be left unprotected at there own Sea. Our economists have projected $200 Billion trade in next 4 years between China-India. A Businessman will never destroy his business, just to satisfy his ego, Nor China will ever send it's fleet to agitate India. They have bigger fish to swim against in this hostile world than India.

Yes..............that's the point Man!!!:tup:

And if they want to do any harm to India, they even don't need to do anything themselve..........they have a friend of their's, who can do it for them........without thinking again about the consequences. Harsh, but this is what politics is!!!

But Sino-Indian War............very impossible!!!:smokin:

it is more then possible if there i continued cooperation between india and u.s.aas there is only one super power that is possible to stand in themidst of the conflict.............

Such over confidence took us down in 1962.

I would only say that develop trade and improve relations but do not let your guard down.

You still believe in your government's lies about that war. Read a western source on the war and they'll tell you that Nehru provoked the war while totally unprepared, then sought to create the myth of a stab in the back to escape responsibility.

If you continue to support FP on the basis of a lie, I don't know what I can say.

I would only say that develop trade and improve relations but do not let your guard down.

You didn't read my previous post carefully........rite?

What India is doing military-wise, is great. Every nation should do whatever is necessary for its security. But personally I don't think both navies have any big role in any future Sino-Indian conflict (which is very unlikely). Do you think that China can place a Navy at String of Pearls ports, which can defeat or fight aggresively with Indian Navy? I really doubt!!! I believe reason for String of Pearls is more economical than military!!!

Any future conflict with China will be again Army-oriented; with Air forces and Navies very little role to play.

I never suggested to let our guards down or stop modernizing our armies. But bother, we are not in the same condition as of 1962. We have enough force to counter them. Yes; China is bigger than us in every aspect of Military and Economy; no doubt. But they cannot apply their whole force on Indian front in a conflict with India. They can't left their border with Russia, Korea, Japan, and Vietnam unprotected; nor they can apply all their air force in Indian border. About Navy, no chance.

Also we are modernizing our defence day and night. So, its not over confidence.....this is based on facts. So, please come out of 1962 and lets start improving our relations. After all, everybody wants peace.

Work for the Peace, but be prepared for the War........thats it.:smokin:

You still believe in your government's lies about that war. Read a western source on the war and they'll tell you that Nehru provoked the war while totally unprepared, then sought to create the myth of a stab in the back to escape responsibility.

If you continue to support FP on the basis of a lie, I don't know what I can say.

If the western source that you are referring to is GlobalSecurity then the discussion ends here!

But from Indian POV, Nehru was certainly the culprit. He did not do what he had to. If only he had engaged the Indian air force, geography would have been different today.

You didn't read my previous post carefully........rite?

I never suggested to let our guards down or stop modernizing our armies. But bother, we are not in the same condition as of 1962. We have enough force to counter them. Yes; China is bigger than us in every aspect of Military and Economy; no doubt. But they cannot apply their whole force on Indian front in a conflict with India. They can't left their border with Russia, Korea, Japan, and Vietnam unprotected; nor they can apply all their air force in Indian border. About Navy, no chance.

Also we are modernizing our defence day and night. So, its not over confidence.....this is based on facts. So, please come out of 1962 and lets start improving our relations. After all, everybody wants peace.

Work for the Peace, but be prepared for the War........thats it.:smokin:

I accept what you say. I responded to your last statement which said India-Sino war is impossible.

I repeat again on what I had mentioned in some other thread.

If this planet has to survive, then India-China (40% of human population) have only one option - and that is peace.

But someone intelligent has said - "Nothing is impossible".....so we also need to be on our toes.

Also keep in mind neither Indian nor China had tactical nuclear capabilities (China just started experimenting with nukes) back then. If a second Sino-Indian War starts it could get out of hand very fast.

Also keep in mind neither Indian nor China had tactical nuclear capabilities (China just started experimenting with nukes) back then. If a second Sino-Indian War starts it could get out of hand very fast.

In no way am I am pitching a scenario for an Indo-Sino war.

Have good relations, develop trade but also do not ignore your military. I am sure China is doing the same.

I accept what you say. I responded to your last statement which said India-Sino war is impossible.

I repeat again on what I had mentioned in some other thread.

If this planet has to survive, then India-China (40% of human population) have only one option - and that is peace.

I am happy that most of us believe in the same.:tup: Future is bright:victory:

But someone intelligent has said - "Nothing is impossible".....so we also need to be on our toes.

And let me repeat..................We are modernizing our defence day and night. So no need to be so worried. They are doing the same; coz they have bigger threats in front of them.........US, Japan, and Russia. So lets enjoy peace.:smokin:

We both are well known businessmen in the world today. People would love to spoil our image. Let's keep the dooms day drums from every drumming.

More trade, more money, more cooperation, reduce trust deficit, Just bring it on China.:tup:

In no way am I am pitching a scenario for an Indo-Sino war.

Have good relations, develop trade but also do not ignore your military. I am sure China is doing the same.

You just end the discussion with great words.....:tup:

Back
Top Bottom