What's new

India rejects Iranian demand for $1 mn

This whole debate is you denying my assertion that the primary reason Iran has upped its imports is because of INR.

Since you couldn't show me the quote, allow me first to declare you a liar!

Iran had several years to increase its Indian imports but the volume stayed at around $2 billion.
This year, it is buying lots more Indian imports than it has in the past.
What changed?
The quality of the goods improved, or Iran needed to get rid of a mountain of INR?

The discussion was never about India's increasing exports to Iran. Your argument was that since India exports only about 2 Billion dollars worth of goods to Iran, that according to some weird logic somehow means that Indian products are junk.

Just to refresh your memory and save you some effort, this is how the "debate" commenced,

India has been using the sanctions, and Iran's difficulties, to dump worthless Indian junk onto Iran in exchange for Iranian oil.

That's not friendship, that's opportunism.

Yes Iran should rather buy high quality Pakistani products.:lol: And you are supposed to be a think tank!

Iran Times International is run from Washington D.C. Its an American propaganda website.

The numbers don't lie.

India exports $2 billion to Iran and imports $8 billion.

You choice of language -- extents -- makes it very clear that you were claiming India was doing favors to Iran.

I was addressing several claims at once -- all to the effect that India's actions were motivated by friendship.

Ok Mr know it all, stop speaking on behalf of everyone else. This is what your problem is, you take a statement made by someone, your misconstrue it on purpose, and then start peddling it around, this is what you said! this is what you said! :blah:, Although most of the time its what you think I said, or what you would like to think I said (to suit your agenda of course.)

More off-topic babbling about religion from ... who else?

See, we don't expect them to be "loyal to India over Pakistan". A little gratitude would be nice.

The Republic of India didn't save us from anything and we owe nothing to it.

Try somewhere else.

More off-topic babbling about religion from ... who else?

Where is religion in this?

The Republic of India didn't save us from anything and we owe nothing to it.

I know. Do you owe something to Australia? ;)

Anyway, why this "political adversity" di? ;)

Try somewhere else.

Why change it when it ain't broke...

Since you couldn't show me the quote, allow me first to declare you a liar!

Thanks for showcasing YOUR lack of comprehension.

My statement clearly talks about India using the sanctions regime to dump Indian junk onto Iran.

The ONLY reason Iran takes INR instead of USD from India is because of sanctions.
Those INR are worthless for anything other than buying Indian junk.

See, we don't expect them to be "loyal to India over Pakistan". A little gratitude would be nice.

The least one would expect is not to be hateful to people who saved you.

Probably even that is too much to expect from some...

This "political issues" is a cloak that is not working. You may continue trying though...

Do you know the other day another bohra icewolf was telling me how Pakistan ruled india for a thousand years. So I asked him if it was Pakistan that hebeaded their dai when Aurangzeb beheaded qutubuddin shaheed? He ran away of course.

Anyway this is getting off topic but it certainly helps to sympathetically understand the mindset of a rabidly anti hindu person when one knows he has to try that much extra hard.

Thanks for showcasing YOUR lack of comprehension.

My statement clearly talks about India using the sanctions regime to dump Indian junk onto Iran.

The ONLY reason Iran takes INR instead of USD from India is because of sanctions.
Those INR are worthless for anything other than buying Indian junk.

You claimed that I am denying that India's export to Iran has increased cause of the sanctions. I asked you to show me where have I said that!

And thank you captain obvious, I had no idea that the only reason Iran was taking Rupee instead of dollar was to bypass the sanctions! Such a revelation you made here today!

Do you know the other day another bohra icewolf was telling me how Pakistan ruled india for a thousand years. So I asked him if it was Pakistan that hebeaded their dai when Aurangzeb beheaded qutubuddin shaheed? He ran away of course.

Anyway this is getting off topic but it certainly helps to sympathetically understand the mindset of a rabidly anti hindu person when one knows he has to try that much extra hard.

Well, it is the ideology. And the identity crisis that comes from being rootless in an alien land.

They couldn't make themselves Hindustani in hundreds of years and it is their loss.

Now we can never look at them as anything but alien Arab intruders who don't belong here in our region...

It does reek of treason and ungratefulness but that seems to be nothing alien to such people.

The specific people are just like mohras, bound and controlled by the ideology.

Though one always has free will...

You claimed that I am denying that India's export to Iran has increased cause of the sanctions. I asked you to show me where have I said that!

And thank you captain obvious, I had no idea that the only reason Iran was taking Rupee instead of dollar was to bypass the sanctions! Such a revelation you made here today!

Hallucination is nothing new for him.

He is highly opinionated but not very smart. ;)

Here, let me spell it out S L O W L Y, once again.

Iran bought X amount of Indian imports -- no more, despite having a large trade surplus -- because Iran did not want any more. It's not because it couldn't afford it; it's because it did not want them.

Due to the effect of sanctions, Iran bought X+Y amount of Indian imports.

Did the quality of Indian imports change and Iran wanted them for their improved quality?
Or did Iran buy those imports because its choices were limited due to sanctions?
Is India doing Iran any favors by buying crude, or is it using the opportunity to increase exports to Iran?

This is the trend of Indian exports (just merchandise).

india-exports.png

So what is going on there? Can anyone explain s l o w l y to someone else? ;)

If the ship has been polluting their waters then they must pay for it but holding a ship like that will just damage ties between Iran and india not a smart move if you ask me.

Here, let me spell it out S L O W L Y, once again.

Iran bought X amount of Indian imports -- no more, despite having a large trade surplus -- because Iran did not want any more.
Due to the effect of sanctions, Iran bought X+Y amount of Indian imports.

Did the quality of Indian imports change and Iran wanted them for their improved quality?
Or did Iran buy those imports because its choices were limited due to sanctions?
Is India doing Iran any favors by buying crude, or is it using the opportunity to increase exports to Iran?

You know until the sanctions came, Iran was running a trade surplus with the EU as well?

2db1mw5.png

Now using your amazing "logic", can we safely assume that the EU makes junk product?

How can you forget to factor in the fact that Iran is a major oil producing country of the world and India world's 4th largest oil importer. If you exclude the petroleum export from Iran and then look at India-Iran trade then u ll see who runs a trade surplus!

So basically, your argument that Indian products are junk since India runs a trade defecit with Iran is pure tripe and you sir should stop lying and putting words in others mouth.

You know until the sanctions, Iran was running a trade surplus with the EU as well?

2db1mw5.png

Now using your amazing "logic", can we safely assume that the EU makes junk product?

How can you forget to factor in the fact that Iran is a major oil producing country of the world and India world's 4th largest oil import.

If you exclude the petroleum export from Iran and then look at India-Iran trade then u ll see who runs a trade surplus!

So basically, your argument that Indian products are junk since India runs a trade defecit with Iran is pure tripe.

I would think there is no argument.

Just the kolavari di! ;)

(I mean political issues, nothing religious in there, despite the frequent "Hindu fanatic" thrown in when there are only fanatic Islamists running riot in his own country that he won't dare return to).

So basically, your argument that Indian products are junk since India runs a trade defecit with Iran is pure tripe and you sir should stop lying and putting words in others mouth.

Except that, if you actually read my post, S L O W L Y again, you will see that the salient point is not about deficit but the correlation of trade with sanctions.

If your exports increase when the buyer's choices are constrained (who else will take INR?) then that makes a statement about why the buyer is buying from you.

Except that, if you actually read my post, S L O W L Y again, you will see that the salient point is not about deficit but the correlation of trade with sanctions.

If your exports increase when the buyer's choices are constrained (who else will take INR?) then that makes a statement about why the buyer is buying from you.

Save us the condescending tone mate, I fully understand what you are trying to say and your motive behind it. Unfortunately for you, you have only made a joke out of yourself.

And for the hundredth time the discussion was never about the increase in exports from India to Iran. I have never claimed India's export to Iran increased due to higher quality of product, and I have challenged you twice to prove it to me if I have said that anywhere.

You made the argument that since India only exports 2 Billion dollars of product to Iran, and since India runs a trade deficit with Iran, it means Indian products are junk. And I have proved it to you how that argument of yours is nonsense.

So stop moving the goal posts just to satiate your ego that somehow you are winning this debate.

Save us the condescending tone, I fully understand what you are trying to say and your motive behind it. Unfortunately for you, you have only made a joke out of yourself.

And for the hundredth time the discussion was never about the increase in exports from India to Iran. I have never claimed India's export to Iran increased due to higher quality of product, and I have challenged you twice to prove it to me if I have said that anywhere.

So stop moving the goal posts to in order satiate your ego that somehow you are winning the argument

The only one moving goalposts is YOU.

My claim has always been -- from the beginning -- about the correlation between Indian exports to Iran and the sanctions.

Go back and read the thread: it's all about India using the sanctions to increase exports.

What does it mean to 'push' something? It means to try and sell it, i.e. to increase sales.

You jumped in without looking and are now trying to find a way out.

Back
Top Bottom