What's new

India rejects Iranian demand for $1 mn

The ONLY reason Iran takes INR instead of USD from India is because of sanctions.
Those INR are worthless for anything other than buying Indian junk.

LOL Developereo, that is some serious flip-flopping.

On the other thread you were refusing to answer my basic question because you deemed it to be some "philosophical argument", yet here you are using it now. :P

Obviously if Iran had a choice, they would want to be paid in either the world's reserve currency, or at least a currency that is keeping its value, and won't cut a large chunk off your savings in a week.

Look at the Chinese Yuan for instance, it is currently hitting record highs against the dollar, and is on a managed float exchange rate (moves within a narrow band) so you won't be worried about losing your savings. Plus, every major country on Earth imports from China in significant amounts, not to mention that we are the world's largest creditor. The RMB/CNY will always be useful.

Though obviously we are not paying Iran in Yuan for charity. Just that it is actually useful to any country that has significant imports from China, or borrows from China, i.e. everyone.

Iran and India have historic cultural ties since centuries and this issue will be resolved very amicably between them

On the other thread you were refusing to answer my basic question because you deemed it to be some "philosophical argument", yet here you are using it now. :P

I was giving India the benefit of the doubt and trying not to rub salt -- every country goes through tough times.

Though obviously we are not paying Iran in Yuan for charity. Just that it is actually useful to any country that has significant imports from China, or borrows from China, i.e. everyone.

The situation with China is different because most countries have a trade deficit with China (not sure about Iran). So, if they get Yuan, it's no big deal cause they would use them all up anyway.

The issue with India is that the INR were piling up and losing value!

Well, one has to understand that while for most of us, it was an utterly pathetic display of hallucination (one never knew what he wanted to say other than the parrot like "Indian junk" "Indian junk" "Indian junk" thingy), for him it was a matter of life and death.

Our friend @Roybot got it right when he mentioned this:

Whats funny though is that you didn't have any issue with that post of mine, and you only jumped in when that Iranian bloke talked about India-Iranian friendship, with your pathetic, "lets look at what the Iran times have to say about this".

Your "Omg I can't let this Iranian brother fall for the evil conniving Hindu charade" instinct kicked in when haman10 talked about India-Iran friendship, it had to nothing to do with my post. tsk tsk.

Our friend here is on a mission. He is a self anointed protector of all the world's 1.6 billion Muslims (as of last year, some people here claim it has become 2 billion this year).

He just couldn't afford a fellow Muslim falling for India. He had to ensure that Iran cuts the imports from India pronto. ;)

You people are just lower in his (and his ilk's) list. Your number will come.

For the likes of Taliban, the difference in priority may be moot, for some others it is quite clear.

India (Hindus)
Zionists
Nassaras (Christian West)
The others

They will stick to their priority. At least on the net, from the safety of a Nassara country. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Something for some people to chew on. ;)

The sanctions have introduced numerous distortions into everyday life. For example, Iran is allowed to use money it earns from oil sales only to buy products from the purchasing country. As a result, Iranian supermarkets are filled with low-quality Chinese products, while several infrastructure projects are being built by Chinese companies, rather than Iranian.

“We don’t have an oil-for-food program like Iraq,” the analyst said. “We have an oil-for-junk program.”

One economist, Mohammad Sadegh Jahansefat, said the government had been taken hostage by countries benefiting from the sanctions — particularly China, which he called the worst business partner Iran had ever had.

“China has monopolized our trade — we are subsidizing their goods, which we are forced to import,” he said, adding of its work in the energy industry, “They destroy local production and leave oil and gas projects unfinished so that no one can work with them.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/01/w...ons-hit-economy.html?pagewanted=2&_r=0&src=me

Back
Top Bottom