What's new

India ready to take on Pakistan,China simultaneously, Army Chief

Of course the army chief would put a brave face say that India can take both Pakistan and China simultaneously but the reality is that India is not even in a position to take on Pakistan on its own the less said about China the better.

Sometimes it is better to keep ones mouth shut than open and look stupid.

Unnecessary juvenile sensalization. What do you expect an Indian army chief say when asked about his force's preparedness in case of fighting a two front war ? 'No, we are not ready for it'?!! Is it so difficult to guess that it would not be a very nice statement to boost the morale of the armed forces?

You can boost morale with subtle and tactful statement, like "India is totally capable of protecting...." That's how most countries top brass speak.

Indian politician/military do have a thing for making outlandish statement.

We will launch an offensive war on Pakistan front and defensive-offensive war on China front.
70% of 1.2 million regular army troops will be deployed on Pakistan front, 25% on China front and 5% in Kashmir counter insurgency.
can you do simple maths?
you have almost a million men pinned down in Kashmir alone.
offensive against pakistan......I mean we are asleep....remember your offensive on Lahore and Sialkot.
defensive against China.....they will take most of your country from the east and we will from the west.
this is not a game where the money wins.........we use monkeys for entertainment in pakistan

please tell the Chief being ready to do something and doing it are an another thing..example

I am ready to beat conquer India by myself.............now the rest you know.

what is your Chief smoking these days......its good stuff.

India can launch offensive against Pakistan with all its might but Pakistan also hasn't to defend its any territory like Bangladesh thousands of miles away from homeland...

I can't predict who is going to win a war given fighting would occur right on mainland or close to it with unlimited supply of manpower...

War is quite complex thing...Isn't it?
In 1965 Pakistan did not have to defend a distant territory. It was fighting to its teeth for survival. The fighting men on both sides are equally good, military leadership on both sides can be equally vulnerable to indecisiveness. But an war is not won or lost solely based on these two factors. War industry, an uninterrupted flow of arms and auxiliaries has an irreplaceable importance in war. So in a conventional war, India does have some advantages. But, as of today nuclear deterrence have provided solid guarantee against a full fledged conventional war. So chances of both the country's leaderships being fool enough to walk through such civilizational disaster are bleak.

NEW DELHI: Chief of Army Staff General Bipin Rawat, in an interaction with ANI, said that the Indian Army is well-prepared to face external, as well as internal threats to the country. Speaking to ANI, General Bipin Rawat said, "Indian Army is fully ready for a two-and-a-half front(China, Pakistan and internal security requirements simultaneously) war".

The Army Chief added that even though India is ready for a multi-front war, there are effective mechanisms available to defuse an adverse situation. "Even the PM has stated that for the last forty years not even a single bullet has been fired on the Indo-China border," said General Rawat.In a freewheeling conversation with ANI, General Rawat also informed that a new strike corps, 17 Strike Corps, is being raised specifically for mountain warfare. On asking about the delay in its raising, the Army Chief said a process as complex as this takes time. He said, "It is being raised from scratch. The recruitments are on. As it is, to prepare an Army soldier it takes about three years from recruitment process to training and then orienting and finally their deployment."

General Rawat went on to discuss modernization plans of the Army, saying that the government is aware of our all needs and is supporting us in every manner. "Make in India is a good initiative, it will give results in two to three years," said General Rawat.

General Rawat added that all armies across the world maintain an inventory in the ratio of the 30:40:30. Here 30 percent equipment is state of the art technology, 40 percent is undergoing modernization and the rest 30 percent is obsolete, which requires an upgrade.

General Bipin Rawat concluded by saying that the Indian Army's preparations are not against any specific country.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/
This is a standard reply that you will find when someone ask's a question. Do you expect him to say no we are not prepared and we will not do well. One had to understand that even if there are issue, he is not suppose to say them in public. However, India is preparing for this in future and when our modernization will move forward we will be in a position to defend better than today. I see this happening post 2020, when we will have Rafale, Artillery etc

You can boost morale with subtle and tactful statement, like "India is totally capable of protecting...." That's how most countries top brass speak.

Indian politician/military do have a thing for making outlandish statement.
How is it much different than saying " we are battle ready.."?

Do they have it on their calendar, a weekly event scheduled till next election
a reminder to self or assurance to public that their tax money that is not fully feeding sipohis on LOC is not going to a waste.

@scorpionx @StraightShooter my indian friends,

Firstly, allow me to express my esteem for your balanced, realistic and counter-narrative views.

War is indeed a stupid thing.

My reading of the tea leaves is that your army chief is bound by the instructions he gets from his political masters... you being democratic and all.

Playing to gallery is as old as first human tribe.

As both of you know better than myself that all politics are local.

Standing tall and tough against two 'bad' guys does wonders for ruling parties... regadless who is running the show. And all oppositions are to call everything as wrong/stunt/lies... SOPs of democracies.

War is never only about the valour... it is all about logistics... just like plans are nothing without actual planning...and planning without assets is just death by PowerPoint.

If I may ask... this time around if such a horror comes to pass... the outcome has to be decisive in favour of india... anything less will have lasting consequences. Your views?

I believe @StraightShooter is quite correct in his assessment... india doesn't have the numbers needed for decisive outcome. 10:01 is the key in all assets not only manpower. And when you factor in China... I am sorry to say... indians would be chasing their own shadows.

This I don't say to belittle you.... but combined comprehensive power of Sino-Pak Axis is rather overwhelming.... you would be able to inflict massive damage to Pak and some harm to China...but the return favours will be also unbearable to your side.

All warfares are won or lost in the quality of calculations.

Although @StraightShooter is a devout son of india... he doesn't allow his patriotism to blind his reason, same as yourself.

Hence, I tip my hat!

PS. What can be a mechanism for truly peaceful co-existence... please, not the dead horse of Pak has do this first or China has to do that first.
Fresh, creative and path breaking thoughts from you gents are most welcome.

Take care,

SPF

Firstly, allow me to express my esteem for your balanced, realistic and counter-narrative views.

My reading of the tea leaves is that your army chief is bound by the instructions he gets from his political masters... you being democratic and all.

Standing tall and tough against two 'bad' guys does wonders for ruling parties... regadless who is running the show. And all oppositions are to call everything as wrong/stunt/lies... SOPs of democracies.

War is never only about the valour... it is all about logistics... just like plans are nothing without actual planning...and planning without assets is just death by PowerPoint.

If I may ask... this time around if such a horror comes to pass... the outcome has to be decisive in favour of india... anything less will have lasting consequences. Your views?

I believe @StraightShooter is quite correct in his assessment... india doesn't have the numbers needed for decisive outcome. 10:01 is the key in all assets not only manpower. And when you factor in China... I am sorry to say... indians would be chasing their own shadows.

This I don't say to belittle you.... but combined comprehensive power of Sino-Pak Axis is rather overwhelming.... you would be able to inflict massive damage to Pak and some harm to China...but the return favours will be also unbearable to your side.

Although @StraightShooter is a devout son of india... he doesn't allow his patriotism to blind his reason, same as yourself.

Hence, I tip my hat!

PS. What can be a mechanism for truly peaceful co-existence... please, not the dead horse of Pak has do this first or China has to do that first.

Take care,

SPF
very good post....
me belief...solve Kashmir and everything will be peaceful on indo pak front. then india will have the china issue and I have no answers for thta

That "half" of war is well on its way in becoming a full fledge war thanks to the hindu terrorist regime in Delhi. He can forget about the other two wars.

very good post....
me belief...solve Kashmir and everything will be peaceful on indo pak front. then india will have the china issue and I have no answers for thta

Ah, my Pak Friend,

Indeed a peaceful solution to problems is the only way out for the Civlisational survival of all three Civilisations.

We have to understand that China, Pak and India are not in biletral but trilleteral relationship.

Yes, we know less informed will through in billion plus market and Indo-China trade volume... but that is not the real essence.

China by her very nature is a patient actor... time is not long when China will be the only leader in Asia.

Rest you can fill in.

In my studied view War is Stupid. And Only Stupid want War.

Let us remain hopefull for peaceful co-exhistence!

Regards,

SPF

Hence, I tip my hat!

Take care,

SPF
Your posts are a pleasure to read as always, my friend. You are absolutely correct in your assessment of a two front war. History has never been kind to the nation that had to face the unenviable possibility of a two front hostility. In case of a conventional war India stand no chance. Pakistan had its best chance in Kashmir in '62 and it, luckily for us lost the opportunity.

The best way to protect peace is not to overdo things. Keep the dispute aside for next fifty years and focus on economic development. India and Pakistan needs to to pragmatic and take a lesson from the Chinese. China too had to bear the baggages of boundary disputes with its neighbours. But with time, patience and situational practicalism you have solved your differences. Economic and social development had been given priority instead of indiscriminate military spendings. But it's always easier said than done. Socio-religious and political realities of China and Indo-Pakistan are never same. Fear psychosis against each other plays a vital role in two nations to develop their bilateral policies, rather than pragmatic sensibilities. That's why you see so much poverty, unemployment and psychological regress in every aspect in the two countries. Once the leaders can spot this cancer, hope peace will prevail in future.

pakistani as usual being a chinese cheerleader save ur country from chinese colonization then talk
on topic a country almost six times as pak having almost six times defense budget they will easily handle that
and indians should tolerate this nonsense, chest thumping and brag
on the other other hand when a country of billion and half says that it will able to defend itself from a country six times smaller and a country who is superior to itself it gives pakistanis heart stroke
i mean come on guys do u really think a country of india size will take ur nonsense
never
when it will be existential threat we will use whatever at our disposal and india and china both are not idiots to go into the war as it will put almost three billion and a lot of things in danger
it will be a shame as they both will be heavy looser and the victory will simply not worth
so dont jump like kids have a rational mind to think rationally

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom