What's new

India patronize Hindu militant group for breaking Bangladesh and setup a Hindu state

Well zakir i said i dont find anything wrong as long as my bengali culture remains intact......pakistani culture is very different from the bengali culture,probably similar to north-west india's....,.my point is,it is you who is to gel with the bengali culture not the other way round.........hindi or urdu contribues to bengali with mere words not in a cultural way.....thnx

Actually zakir you are correct when you say,the new generation here find hindi ,a language with more oppurtunity more interesting and attractive to learn.......well,but bengali is more pure and restricted from foreign language here ,in the districts.....but kolkata has got it all messed up.......we must save our culture,our pride,our language......maybe with more seminars,possibly jointly with the intellects of bangladesh as well....thnx

It's no use as new generation are more interested to make money and see the world in boarder spectrum. They don't wish to confined them self with regional identity rather would like to explore the world. Doing seminar will only help the writer and drama baz thus it will not reflect the kids. You are part of India thus accept influential Indian culture that lay in Delhi. Kolkatha is long gone and Dhaka already moved on in different direction.

Well zakir i said i dont find anything wrong as long as my bengali culture remains intact......pakistani culture is very different from the bengali culture,probably similar to north-west india's....,.my point is,it is you who is to gel with the bengali culture not the other way round.........hindi or urdu contribues to bengali with mere words not in a cultural way.....thnx

Once again with your double standard attitude. Bangladesh is not same bangla that your grand father described as it has transformed into Islamic state after 1947 till now and will have more Islamic influence years to come despite bangla as state language. New generation of Bangladeshi identify themselves as Muslim first and Bangladeshi second and that is the majority thanks to our aleem as they translate qur'aan and hadith in bangla from arabic, farsi and urdu. Bangladesh is more Islamic today than during east Pakistan era.

Yes true,but due to some strange reasons,we still feel proud to call ourselves BENGALIS........even this newer generation,when goes to a diff state produces himself as a bengali...........howmuch may be his hindi dictionary filled...........i remember one of iajdani's post,in which he said how bd is lifting and establishing bengali in the world stage,that sure made me proud,and one happy man..........this things are required,we have to hold on to our culture,not run away from it.......

Yes true,but due to some strange reasons,we still feel proud to call ourselves BENGALIS........even this newer generation,when goes to a diff state produces himself as a bengali...........howmuch may be his hindi dictionary filled...........i remember one of iajdani's post,in which he said how bd is lifting and establishing bengali in the world stage,that sure made me proud,and one happy man..........this things are required,we have to hold on to our culture,not run away from it.......

Well than you may want to detach kolkatha from India and join Bangladesh to create a greater state. Dhaka shall be our capital. What say???:D

Bangla has nothing against islam......islam is a religion,whereas bangla is a language or culture/race to some extent......,..i was talking bout the west pakistani culture,and the urdu influence..........islam can be followed by a bengali,gujrati,tamil,marathi or a pashtun.......these are the cultures or races.......islam majority state is fine....but the wannabe west pakistan attitude is terrible.....regards

Well after going over the post (too many of them) which I am unable to reply every single one of them. All the posts have their own merit but had a lacking. Everybody likes to see the history or facts in a very segregated way and wants only their likings of the story.
1) Bengali is not a race, I stand by my claim. Bengali community consists of Aryan, Davidian, mongoloid, Austro Asian lineage of race. Every one of them are called Bengali. There are also so much inter marriage (specially within muslim and before buddist) made it impossible to really distinguish between those race. Does only speaking Bangla makes anybody a Bengali? No it is not as long as the language is spoken as a foreign language. So a brits or american or a chinese who learned Bengali as a foreign language can not be considered as Bengali. But a person whose primary language is Bangla then definitely he is a Bengali.
2) Distinguishing between Hindu bangla and Muslim Bangla is hilarious. Only hundreds of religious (which are only confined within a religion) does not make them different. Bengalis does consists 300,000 or more words in its vocubulary.
3) Regarding history, somebody liked to talk about history from Khilji's time somebody wants to see that from 1905 or somebody even want to see from 1947. History is history you just cant draw a line from where you want to start. If you really want Bengal history you have to start from when the Bengali started evolving and started to be recognized as a different stream from other part of sub continent. Hindus, Muslim, Buddist all are part of history. One led to another. We had glorious history with Hindus, with Buddist or with Islam as well as we had sad history with and among each of them. But to know your true origin and you have to know every one of them.

It may be not true from people who joined benglai community in recent time and those long history may be boring to them but their grand son may not think this way when they will be 100% incorporated within the community.

Hahah zakir,good idea!!! That was great during the pala empire or the sultanate era,when the whole bengal was united,and was the most prosperous part of india.........but has history left that option for me?? Greater banglaesh or greater india idea is just bullshit......if history offered,there wd have been one Bengal,no india or bangladesh selfish mentalities........public sentiment on both sides are like you,which cancels this idea of a great Bengal state.........

Hahah zakir,good idea!!! That was great during the pala empire or the sultanate era,when the whole bengal was united,and was the most prosperous part of india.........but has history left that option for me?? Greater banglaesh or greater india idea is just bullshit......if history offered,there wd have been one Bengal,no india or bangladesh selfish mentalities........public sentiment on both sides are like you,which cancels this idea of a great Bengal state.........
How conveniently you choosing side man. Shame less bro. It's remind in Bd there is a snake with two face.
In that case you shouldn't find any similarity or affiliation with us as we are separate state thus we are our own. We decide our history and culture and must be Islamic whether you like it or not. Few hindu bengali culture lover own change the reality on the ground. More masjid in every KM in bd than anyplace in the world mash'allah.

Stop using us as a shield to keep your lost culture alive as it is destine to see the miserable death under heavey influence of same delhi culture that you despite. What a irony!!!.:smokin:

Last edited:
Nope buddy.....in present days i call for the joint collaboration of both bd and wb to uplift and preserve the bengali culture.......why are you confusing islam with the bengali culture,buddy?? Why are you confusing west pakistani culture as the only islamic way?? United bengal calls for secularity........not narrow-mindedness.......we have been brought up that way.....there is no religious active political outfit in west bengal.....,.what you call hypocrisy is what a sane person sees and believes.......great Bengal couldn't be formed because of this kind of narrow-mindedness......what has masjid to do with the bengali culture??......look at the palas,look at siraj.....and see how they were able to rule the whole bengal peacefully.......then you wd understand my stance on the united bengal concept....thnx

The goi or any outfit in india never tries to distort the bengali culture........please elaborate your stance on delhi...thnx

Actually zakir you are correct when you say,the new generation here find hindi ,a language with more oppurtunity more interesting and attractive to learn.......well,but bengali is more pure and restricted from foreign language here ,in the districts.....but kolkata has got it all messed up.......we must save our culture,our pride,our language......maybe with more seminars,possibly jointly with the intellects of bangladesh as well....thnx
The goi or any outfit in india never tries to distort the bengali culture........please elaborate your stance on delhi...thnx

Jacko, read your own post. Answer is there.........:smokin:

I said some new-gen bengalis are choosing hindi over bangla.....that has nothing to do with delhi culture distorting the bangla culture.....and yes we do need the help of the intellects of bd,to widen the knowledge of this new-gen bengalis' on the bengali culture.....we need this new-gen to preserve our culture.......and they are well aware of this,thats why they keep their bong identity when they are in other indian states(i also said that,you overlooked it)...

Answer to your question laid in your own explanation. I clearly understand and use the words "Daawat" and "Pani" however won't understand the meaning of 'nimontron' and 'jol" if heard in a sentence.

Gladly also please elaborate usage of these sentences in west Bengal in daily basis by common men as we Bangladeshi Muslim use them every single day except Hindu. Honesty would be appreciated. :D

Example of a small talk.

Assalam o alikum------Walikum assalam
Khuda hafiz----Khuda hafiz

Also do you guys use following words in west Bengal in regular basis by all common man. If not than why not since you claim to speak same bangla. :coffee:
Allah o Akbar, Mash'allah, Subhan'Allah, Mubarak, khush amdeed, Kaida, Sipara.

Zakir,

What you are saying is true, but it is bizarre for a Hindu Bengali like me to say Khuda Hafiz,

I think you are insane...

Assalam o alikum------Walikum assalam
Ki kobor------Alumdullah, Allah'r meherbani te ami valo.
Khuda hafiz----Khuda hafiz

These lines are spoken by every Indian regardless of their language, provided they are Muslims.

You have only the Pakistani view, who have nationalised Urdu as the state language of Pakistan. So you think that Khuda Hafiz spoken by Pakistanis and Bangladeshis who have seen or even heard just a single language, are one and all Indian muslims using the same words are different ???

In India, a Bengali Muslim, a Marathi muslim, a Malayalee muslim, a Kashmiri muslim all speak in the same way, the words Khuda hafiz and that means regardless of their daily language they use these words to speak with people of their community, I do not see Malayalee Khuda Hafiz any different from Awadhi or a Lucknowi Khuda Hafiz.

Back
Top Bottom