What's new

India patronize Hindu militant group for breaking Bangladesh and setup a Hindu state

He does not speak Bangla, he speaks Urdu and Arabic and of course English for his livelihood..

You decided to ignore my post with heavy dose of ignorance.

I never said I didn't speak bangla. I was merely pointed out the fact that I speak other language beside bangla. I also know the fact Indian bangla is different than the arabic and Farsi based bangla that I speak.

Just remember one fact. Not all Bangladeshi Muslim ethnically Bengali. Only language can not be measurement of race. Please widen your views about modern Bangladesh before overgeneralize bangla Muslim. There is a reason why our national identity is Bangladeshi not Bengali.

thanks for such warm feelings towards me and off course Muslim Ummah.
however, you will be dissappointed to hear but i cannot accept your request to visit in February. I will like to see Bangladesh in his full Moonsoon Season ( green to the full extent) that is sometime in July or June. I want to enjoy the same rain my grandparents taught me about from decades and offcourse Rangamati i have seen many pictures from that place and love it.

Anytime bro. Sure if you like rain. You must visit sylhet because it is the heaviest rainy region in Bd. I find many people like rainy season which can be fun but also can be obstacle if you like to see scenery. Also remember July and august can be really hot and humid.:cheers:

Bandaraban is also very beautiful specially BOGA Lake and the area around ( if its accessible for tourists? or not). thanks again for your welcome.

Brother there is always a way in Bangladesh.....:D

It bring joy to see all these Indians are frustrated over my posts. My mission accomplished.:smokin:

Only language can not be measurement of race. Please widen your views about modern Bangladesh before overgeneralize bangla Muslim. There is a reason why our national identity is Bangladeshi not Bengali.

Bengali is not a race!!!! Bengali people are of mixed race. Language defines the term Bengali population. If you speak Bangla thats enough to be a Bengali regardless of your origin of blood.

Bengali is not a race!!!! Bengali people are of mixed race. Language defines the term Bengali population. If you speak Bangla thats enough to be a Bengali regardless of your origin of blood.

That not what your Indian bros try to impose on us. They think we are all same(including them) as if from same parents. :disagree:

If your theory is right than what if a Brit or Americana learn Bengali than will they be Bengali also?

British born Bangladeshi speak English as a first language thus would they be Englishman or still consider Bangladeshi? Please enlighten us with your logical wisdom!:coffee:

Last edited:
Anytime bro. Sure if you like rain. You must visit sylhet because it is the heaviest rainy region in Bd. I find many people like rainy season which can be fun but also can be obstacle if you like to see scenery. Also remember July and august can be really hot and humid.:cheers:

Brother there is always a way in Bangladesh.....:D

Where there is a will there is a way. Hot and Humid no problem dear. Karachi is also very hot these days so i can bear hot weather easily.

So anyone who can speak Bangla is a Bengali. I don't think so.

So anyone who can speak Bangla is a Bengali. I don't think so.

I don't either, but someone who does not speak Bangla can he be a native Bangladeshi? That is the question. I have read that Bangla is the only national language and expected it would be spoken by everyone in Bangladesh. Kindly do enlighten me if I am wrong. Also generally Bangladeshis are very proud of their heritage and language, if you are not then do let me know.

While working in Singapore, couple of my Indian colleague gelled better with a Bangladeshi than other Indian, primarily because of language and taste in food that they shared.

I don't either, but someone who does not speak Bangla can he be a native Bangladeshi? That is the question. I have read that Bangla is the only national language and expected it would be spoken by everyone in Bangladesh. Kindly do enlighten me if I am wrong. Also generally Bangladeshis are very proud of their heritage and language, if you are not then do let me know.

Will I need Indian certification whether I am a Bangladeshi or not? You are fighting with losing concept and baseless struggle.:smokin:

Will I need Indian certification whether I am a Bangladeshi or not? You are fighting with losing concept and baseless struggle.:smokin:

No Sir, I am not here to distribute any certificates.

What is a losing concept? That people speak Bengali in Bangladesh
Is saying that Bengali is the national language a "baseless struggle"?

I am not asking you to prove your nationality, just idea of a non-bengali speaking Bangladeshi is a bit too fantastic to ignore.

I am aware of Arabic influence on Bengali, but it is very minor as in "nimontron" changes to "Daawat" and "jol" changes to "Pani" also to be noted that even on the Indian side, both the versions are used interchangeably without any particular bias. For example you wanted translation of a very basic sentence in Bangla which had none of the words with "arabic and Farsi based bangla " which you claim to speak.

If you are British born, then again your nationality would be "England" but your origin can be said to be from Bangladesh. That said, I'd then seriously doubt your command over the ground realities of Bangladesh which you generally claim.

You are at full liberty to ignore my post and move on but I would prefer a clarification.

PS: I would be glad if you could offer me an example of Arabic / Persian based Bangla, not as a proof but for my personal knowledge.

PPS: ami bangla olpo-olpo bolte pari. bujhte??

PPS: ami bangla olpo-olpo bolte pari. bujhte??

Olpo olpo is right!! Dude, you just massacred the tense!!:lol:

Anyway, Zakir seems more of the East Pakistani crop rather than a Bangladeshi.

Guys i might be wrong......but here goes my perception bout the bengali race-1-people who first of all speak bengali,and yes,with their forefathers also doing the same.....2-inhabitants of the ganga delta,and fertile land formed by ganga on its way to the bay of bengal.......3-people who prefer rice over wheat,jowar or bajra.......4-bangalir jibone duti jinis kokhono na kokhono asei-kabyo -kobita ebong prem(yes,this also describes a typical bengali ).....bengal produced some great poets like,tagore and najrul..5-bengali culture and language is itself very diverse and colourfull,with more than 5 dialects,and a multireligion identity......6-bengalis are known for their leading capabilities.....netaji sc bose,sourav ganguly(modern and debatable)....7-bengalis have won the nobel prize most times in the subcontinent.....8-bengalis are known for their pride as bengalis,and never giving up characters,infact bengalis produced the most known freedom fighters in the british era......9-last but not the least,bengalis are known for communal harmony(atleast in present times)........even today we sing -'mora aki brinte duti kusum,hindu-musalman'-kazi najrul islam

I am aware of Arabic influence on Bengali, but it is very minor as in "nimontron" changes to "Daawat" and "jol" changes to "Pani" also to be noted that even on the Indian side, both the versions are used interchangeably without any particular bias.

Answer to your question laid in your own explanation. I clearly understand and use the words "Daawat" and "Pani" however won't understand the meaning of 'nimontron' and 'jol" if heard in a sentence.

I would be glad if you could offer me an example of Arabic / Persian based Bangla,

Gladly also please elaborate usage of these sentences in west Bengal in daily basis by common men as we Bangladeshi Muslim use them every single day except Hindu. Honesty would be appreciated. :D

Example of a small talk.

Assalam o alikum------Walikum assalam
Ki kobor------Alumdullah, Allah'r meherbani te ami valo.
Khuda hafiz----Khuda hafiz

Also do you guys use following words in west Bengal in regular basis by all common man. If not than why not since you claim to speak same bangla. :coffee:
Allah o Akbar, Mash'allah, Subhan'Allah, Mubarak, khush amdeed, Kaida, Sipara.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom