What's new

India patronize Hindu militant group for breaking Bangladesh and setup a Hindu state

Guys i might be wrong......but here goes my perception bout the bengali race-1-people who first of all speak bengali,and yes,with their forefathers also doing the same.....2-inhabitants of the ganga delta,and fertile land formed by ganga on its way to the bay of bengal........4-bangalir jibone duti jinis kokhono na kokhono asei-kabyo -kobita ebong prem(yes,this also describes a typical bengali ).....bengal produced some great poets like,tagore and najrul..5-bengali culture and language is itself very diverse and colourfull,with more than 5 dialects,and a multireligion identity......6-bengalis are known for their leading capabilities.....netaji sc bose,sourav ganguly(modern and debatable)....7-bengalis have won the nobel prize most times in the subcontinent.....8-bengalis are known for their pride as bengalis,and never giving up characters,infact bengalis produced the most known freedom fighters in the british era......9-last but not the least,bengalis are known for communal harmony(atleast in present times)........even today we sing -'mora aki brinte duti kusum,hindu-musalman'-kazi najrul islam

These belongs to west Bengal and within it's culture except Kazi Najrul Islam as his final resting place is in next to dhaka university masjid.

3-people who prefer rice over wheat,jowar or bajra......

:lol::rofl:

I think it is more useful to understand what constitutes being a Bangladeshi. If one is born within the territory of Bangladesh then that person is by birth a Bangladeshi. That person must also assert loyalty to the country. Speaking Bangla is not compulsory but knowledge of the language and culture is useful. The official history of Bangladesh would start from the period of Bhaktiar Khilji's entry into Bengal and the subsequent assertion of independence of the Sultanate from the Mughal central authorities in the following centuries. All students and patriots of Bangladesh must have knowledge of this basic history. A Bangladeshi should also know about the 1905 Curzon partition of Bengal and discrimination of Muslims by the Hindu elites and the cancellation of the division in 1911. Next they should know about the partition movement led by the Bengal Muslim League and the creation of Pakistan. Students should learn about India's attempts at destroying Pakistan and their role in the Language Movement and their activities in creating secessionist movements. At the same time they would have to know about the 1965 war and the seeds of distrust that emerged between East and West Pakistan especially concerning the defense of the former and economic and monetary disagreements between the two parts. Lastly Bangladeshis should know about the 1971 war and how atrocities were committed on all sides and continued by India after the war through the Rakkhi Bahini. Bangladeshis should also finally have pride for the heroic deeds of 1975 that saved the country form Indian intrusion and interference. A Bangladeshi can be of any religious background but must show loyalty through word and deed to the country.

Well zakir,as far as i know bd and the bengalis there,my points are valid(specially in barishal for sure and maybe dhaka).....but as i said,i maybe wrong.......you may point out where i am wrong if you like.........well the rice factor may sound funny,but yeah bengalis do prefer rice over other cereals........my dad told me he met a bangladeshi in touluse,who even there managed rice every day,so i say from experience.....,....and kazi najrul,is not only the pride of bd but of every bengali on the planet.........you might be disheartened to know he married a hindu woman,and thus was targetted by both hindu and muslim extremists.........but he never forgot to bang those idiots with his incredibly amazing poetry.....thnx

Last edited:
Ah....i rechecked my post.....nothing wrong with it....1-valid...2-valid.....3-check my last post....4-debatable.....5-infact 3 of the 5 dialects are from bd....6,7,8,9-any doubt??......atleast read the post properly and then reply,the points are valid for all bengalis,either of bd or wb....thnx

Mr munshi the article from where-ever is biased in the partition phase....here are my points to counter it.......1-the british brought the partition,to lower the agitation from bengal against british rule,which was by far the largest they faced......2-yes the hindus were against partition.....3-but the majority of muslims should also had been against partition....reason-4-the british(with partition)+the muslims(with partition,and they outnumbered the hindus) is indeed a huge force to be countered by the hindus alone.....5-but partition was forced to be cancelled in 1911,which proves,the above assumtion is false..........now dont tell me the hindus dictated the british to do thou which went against the british interest....thnx

.but he never forgot to bang those assholes with his incredibly amazing poetry.....thnx

Frustration let you use poor word that may earn you ban. I ask you to change it but won't report to Mod cause I don't dislike you as I respect your opinion unless mod visit the page.:smokin:

Last edited:
Answer to your question laid in your own explanation. I clearly understand and use the words "Daawat" and "Pani" however won't understand the meaning of 'nimontron' and 'jol" if heard in a sentence.

Gladly also please elaborate usage of these sentences in west Bengal in daily basis by common men as we Bangladeshi Muslim use them every single day except Hindu. Honesty would be appreciated. :D

Example of a small talk.

Assalam o alikum------Walikum assalam
Ki kobor------Alumdullah, Allah'r meherbani te ami valo.
Khuda hafiz----Khuda hafiz

Also do you guys use following words in west Bengal in regular basis by all common man. If not than why not since you claim to speak same bangla. :coffee:
Allah o Akbar, Mash'allah, Subhan'Allah, Mubarak, khush amdeed, Kaida, Sipara.
first of all thanks for the examples...............mubarak,kaida and meherbani is widely used in wb...........mashaallah,suhanallah are also used to describe beauty or incredibility often,though not as popular as the ones above................but the point to note here is that most of these foreign words used in wb are due to hindi influence,not arabic or farsi....................................but i think the point you are missing here is that,the so called difference in language is dialect wise not foreign words using wise...................like in kolkata we say-ami eta korbo....................but in bangladeshi dialect it goes like-mui ita korum.................................but these dialects are widely spoken by indian bangals too...........................original indian-ghoti bengali.............banladeshi origin-bangal bengali..........generally called only a ghoti or bangal......................kolkata is filled with bangals,you see ghoti majority only in the districts

first of all thanks for the examples...............mubarak,kaida and meherbani is widely used in wb...........mashaallah,suhanallah are also used to describe beauty or incredibility often,though not as popular as the ones above................but the point to note here is that most of these foreign words used in wb are due to hindi influence,not arabic or farsi....................................but i think the point you are missing here is that,the so called difference in language is dialect wise not foreign words using wise...................like in kolkata we say-ami eta korbo....................but in bangladeshi dialect it goes like-mui ita korum.................................but these dialects are widely spoken by indian bangals too...........................original indian-ghoti bengali.............banladeshi origin-bangal bengali..........generally called only a ghoti or bangal......................kolkata is filled with bangals,you see ghoti majority only in the districts

I beg a differ. You need to get your fact straight. Urdu not Hindi got them from Arabic and Farsi so is Bangladeshi bangla. We are using in a way that it has become our own and well integrated with Muslim bangla thus it isn't foreign anymore.

Official Hindi omitted almost all Arabic and Farsi and injected with Sanskrit to hindunize the language. Also distinct itself from Urdu.

Your politician speak Hindi as I find it hard to understand because of Sanskrit.

Almost all bollywood move and songs use Urdu dialect which I find odd as Hindi is your prime national language.

What's dilemma here? Don't like your own lingo???:D

Last edited:
Yes but hindi used by commoners have many arabic or farsi words.....which got incorporated in indian bangla......you would be amazed to know,words like masha'allah or suhan'allah are also used by hindus exceedingly here,to express themselves.......hindi and urdu are mostly alike,so influence on bengali on both sides of the borders,must be almost alike.........and yes,bengali is differentiated by dialects,as i told you earlier........and also this foreign words are limited in number,infact the base remains bangla which can be understood well by all bengalis(atleast i have no probs).....thnx

Bollywood movies play a major role in educating the mass bout urdu......actually,i dont find no major difference between hindi and urdu.....,.the film jodha-akbar was totally,urdu.....but we understand it with ease,and have no probs speaking it as well.......

Yes but hindi used by commoners have many arabic or farsi words.....which got incorporated in indian bangla......you would be amazed to know,words like masha'allah or suhan'allah are also used by hindus exceedingly here,to express themselves.......hindi and urdu are mostly alike,so influence on bengali on both sides of the borders,must be almost alike.........and yes,bengali is differentiated by dialects,as i told you earlier........and also this foreign words are limited in number,infact the base remains bangla which can be understood well by all bengalis(atleast i have no probs).....thnx

Well may be in your side however it's uncommon in Bd. I guess you guys losing your mother language as you so proud of Bengali heritage. Give it another 20 years and your Bengal will be transformed Hindi dominated region as your new generation find Hindi more accommodating to their cause. I personally don't blame them for adopting what's more flexible.

My lingo is my pride......but i was pointing out the effect of hindi or urdu on present indian bengali........nothing's bad if they are accepted until my own culture remains intact.......advent of any foreign culture,i feel makes one culture more colourfull,so nothing wrong with it....thnx

Bollywood movies play a major role in educating the mass bout urdu......actually,i dont find no major difference between hindi and urdu.....,.the film jodha-akbar was totally,urdu.....but we understand it with ease,and have no probs speaking it as well.......

Do you not find different between when you hear M Singh vs bollywood star?

My lingo is my pride......but i was pointing out the effect of hindi or urdu on present indian bengali........nothing's bad if they are accepted until my own culture remains intact.......advent of any foreign culture,i feel makes one culture more colourfull,so nothing wrong with it....thnx

So you fall into your own trap. It's OK in your case yet you can not digest the fact there are Bangladeshi like me who follow Islamic culture that may be similar to Pakistani or Arab so why is the double standard? Why this hypocrisy?

Last edited:
Actually zakir you are correct when you say,the new generation here find hindi ,a language with more oppurtunity more interesting and attractive to learn.......well,but bengali is more pure and restricted from foreign language here ,in the districts.....but kolkata has got it all messed up.......we must save our culture,our pride,our language......maybe with more seminars,possibly jointly with the intellects of bangladesh as well....thnx

Back
Top Bottom