What's new

India patronize Hindu militant group for breaking Bangladesh and setup a Hindu state

I think it is more useful to understand what constitutes being a Bangladeshi. If one is born within the territory of Bangladesh then that person is by birth a Bangladeshi. That person must also assert loyalty to the country. Speaking Bangla is not compulsory but knowledge of the language and culture is useful. The official history of Bangladesh would start from the period of Bhaktiar Khilji's entry into Bengal and the subsequent assertion of independence of the Sultanate from the Mughal central authorities in the following centuries. All students and patriots of Bangladesh must have knowledge of this basic history. A Bangladeshi should also know about the 1905 Curzon partition of Bengal and discrimination of Muslims by the Hindu elites and the cancellation of the division in 1911. Next they should know about the partition movement led by the Bengal Muslim League and the creation of Pakistan. Students should learn about India's attempts at destroying Pakistan and their role in the Language Movement and their activities in creating secessionist movements. At the same time they would have to know about the 1965 war and the seeds of distrust that emerged between East and West Pakistan especially concerning the defense of the former and economic and monetary disagreements between the two parts. Lastly Bangladeshis should know about the 1971 war and how atrocities were committed on all sides and continued by India after the war through the Rakkhi Bahini. Bangladeshis should also finally have pride for the heroic deeds of 1975 that saved the country form Indian intrusion and interference. A Bangladeshi can be of any religious background but must show loyalty through word and deed to the country.

As usual severly distorted and lopsided view of Bangladesh.

"The official history of Bangladesh would start from the period of Bhaktiar Khilji's entry into Bengal and the subsequent assertion of independence of the Sultanate from the Mughal central authorities in the following centuries"

So like Pakistanis you mean to say that starting with the Bengal Sultanate, the period and the history belongs to Bangladesh.

Which Bangladesh are you talking about? The one which existed in the 14th century? And why do you think we do not have claim over the Begal Sultanate as a part of our varied and great history?

You are an author I have heard, so I would expect your view points to be rational at least. Dont you know that the great medeival cities of Gaur and Lakhnauti and later on Pandua are in our territory?

Or do you think even that claim is bizarre? And if that is true why dont you think we have greater rights over the history of Sultanate Bengal till Adil Shah Suri till the Mughals arrived?

"Students should learn about India's attempts at destroying Pakistan and their role in the Language Movement and their activities in creating secessionist movements"

Okay, again the typical mullah-military combo ideology. My questions:

a) If you are have so much fantasy over things Arabic including the language, why do you think people of your country speak Bangla?
Make Urdu your national and State language, you can rise to the lofty heights, your brethren have risen in the 60 odd years of thier existence

b) You must be tried for treason, Sir, for undermining the efforts of a whole race of Bengalis against the atrocities of the (in) famous Pak army. According to you it was the handiwork of Raw and the IB of the GoI which helped fuel sessionist ideologies? Right?

You pride yourselves as politically mature compared to your Punjabi-heavy brothers, and you underscore the sacrifice of millions of your countrymen who fought for your freedom?

You mean to say, that RAW is so powerful that it planted the ideas of sessesion amongst East Pakistanis, just like that and the Pakistan Govt just could not do anything over it?

This is amazing stuff, just to think of the sheer stupidity of the remarks that you made...

c) "A Bangladeshi can be of any religious background but must show loyalty through word and deed to the country"

I just wonder what has been the growth in Hindu population of Bangladesh since 1971 till date (like I say your brothers on our west have successfully reduced the "High population growth rates" of the Hindus, so much so that it accounts for 2% from 15-20% numbers in 1947)

I am just amazed that inspite of the state apparatus (food for thought for you), and the overt and covert support to the perpetrators of the Gujarat massacre, the even "moderate" to "slow" growth rate, Muslims now constitute 16-18% of Indian population...

We are sick man.....why do we have so much of tolerance?

It is your comments that lack reason or rationale. The Bengal Sultanate had always expressed resistance to control from New Delhi. It cannot be a unique part of Indian history but is certainly the history of Bangladesh and represents an attitude to resist control or domination. The rest of my answers you can find in my book The India Doctrine (1947-2007). I will not waste anymore time with your idiotic comments.

Bangladesh cannot claim the Bengal sultanate as part of their history. It is very much Indian history - or rather the History of Bengal. For a nation which came into existence 30 years ago to solely claim the history of medieval Bengal is ridiculous.

Bangladesh cannot claim the Bengal sultanate as part of their history. It is very much Indian history - or rather the History of Bengal. For a nation which came into existence 30 years ago to solely claim the history of medieval Bengal is ridiculous.

India did not exist as a geographical or political unit before 1947 and the events I am discussing predates this by a few hundred years. The geographical and political location of the issues I am discussing constitute what is present day Bangladesh. There may be some overlap with West Bengal but since it has succumbed to Indian hegemony it cannot be said to have inherited the attitude of resistance exemplified by the Bengal Sultanate.

c) "A Bangladeshi can be of any religious background but must show loyalty through word and deed to the country"

I just wonder what has been the growth in Hindu population of Bangladesh since 1971 till date (like I say your brothers on our west have successfully reduced the "High population growth rates" of the Hindus, so much so that it accounts for 2% from 15-20% numbers in 1947)

I am just amazed that inspite of the state apparatus (food for thought for you), and the overt and covert support to the perpetrators of the Gujarat massacre, the even "moderate" to "slow" growth rate, Muslims now constitute 16-18% of Indian population...

We are sick man.....why do we have so much of tolerance?

Here I have a serious problem with you.You people always bring up stats showing hindu population is dwindling,I don't know where yo get all these stats,only Allah knows and you all know.

After 1971,many hindus did not even return to Bangladesh.Modern Bangladesh's history starts from there.So when you talk about stats use stats after 1971.No way Hindu population is 2%.It is more than 10% in Bangladesh after 1971.

Today I find Hindus are most well off society in Bangladesh.Well off means on average they earn enough to feed their families and live a respectful life.You hardly see a hindu begger.:)

Look at the number of Hindu ministers and parliament members of Bangladesh.You will get your answer.

I had a hindu friend who,with their full family migrated to India because all their family members were there.It was not that they were tortured and so they ran away.They were well off family.

These may seem like childish reasons but they do show the reality.There are some fundis who attack hindus but they are far less frequent than what RSS does in India.

"A Bangladeshi can be of any religious background but must show loyalty through word and deed to the country"

I completely agree with Mr.Munshi.

It is true that number of Hindu in the army is very low,but come to Bangladesh and ask the Hindu youth here whether they want to join the army or not.To date I have not found a single of them willing to do so.(The ones I met.)
But we do have war heroes like sector commander Maj. Gen(rtd.) C R Dutta.

The bengal sultanate can not only be claimed by bangladesh.....never........the biggest reason is that murshidabad was the capital of the sultans,thus the heart of the empire......infact it is owned by the whole of bengal....thnx

But we do have war heroes like sector commander Maj. Gen(rtd.) C R Dutta.

I don't like this fat boy. He is getting free ride thanks to Awami dalal. This lunatic is head of "Hindu, Buddhist and Christian Parishad" which is an anti-Bangladeshi propaganda movement. It whole mission is to label Bangladesh as a fundamentalist state. He doesn't even hesitate to question the state religion Islam. He should be given some street justices. His medal should be scrape out for treason. :sniper:

Last edited:
India did not exist as a geographical or political unit before 1947

Perhaps not as India, but a unified country did exist.

However this is beside the point, Neither India nor Bangladesh can claim the Bengal sultanate as their history. As i said before, the Bengal sultanate is part of the history of Bengal and as such belongs to Bangladesh and India equally.

Perhaps not as India, but a unified country did exist.

However this is beside the point, Neither India nor Bangladesh can claim the Bengal sultanate as their history. As i said before, the Bengal sultanate is part of the history of Bengal and as such belongs to Bangladesh and India equally.

I differ a little on this. You could say Bengal as a whole but not India. Philosohpycally Bengal sultanate falls under the context of separatist movement from India and the history should be written as such in Indian context and yes thats part of Indian history.

Last edited:
Looks like this indians thinking only how they can destroy Pakistan and Bangladesh :sniper:

The bengal sultanate can not only be claimed by bangladesh.....never........the biggest reason is that murshidabad was the capital of the sultans,thus the heart of the empire......infact it is owned by the whole of bengal....thnx

The Hindu Bengalis do not accept the Sultanate period as part of their history. They ignore everything that is Muslim. They cannot claim it now. If they had accepted Islam as part of Bengal history they would have separated from India after 1971 and created a Brihot Bangladesh. They cannot claim a part of history that they now disdain.

Are you really this insane,munshi?? The indians if not all majority,hold high respect for the mughal empire(mostly akbar).......likewise we the bengalis here also have high respect for the sultanate.....just open an indian school history book,and you wd see what i am trying to say......but the brihot bangladesh think is just awkward,i have answered it before,just go through some of my previous posts.......brihot bd or greater india is a bizarre and selfish mentality....thnx

Am I in the wrong thread?because in last 100 posts,there was no discussion about Hindu militant group.Rather this has become Bengal's History thread.

No wonder MODS are in vacation.:partay:

The Hindu Bengalis do not accept the Sultanate period as part of their history. They ignore everything that is Muslim. They cannot claim it now. If they had accepted Islam as part of Bengal history they would have separated from India after 1971 and created a Brihot Bangladesh. They cannot claim a part of history that they now disdain.

Why on earth would seperate from India jus coz they accepted Islam as a part of Bengal hist ??

Does this imply that every (place ) where that Islam went should turn / stay muslim ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom