What's new

India overreacts to diplomat's arrest

Because the US embassy is the primary target for terrorist all over the world. Barricades prevent direct access for explosive laden trucks and is the first line of defense against such attacks.

Well, geez I wonder why...

You don't get to tell us how to go about our security detail. Simple as that.

This is the problem,you're turning all of this in a dick measuring contest.

Not at all. I am least interested in it.. Its not about a dick measuring contest.. I appreciate the US efforts to defuse the tension.. The end result will be she will be sending back to India.. Its the only way we both can solve the issue.. Back door talks are going on.. That means we both wanted a safe exit from this debacle and sending her back is the best way.. Because, it is the standard procedure when a diplomat is breaking laws in the countries they are working..

Does the Indian embassy in USA have protection of barricades?
level of security is based on threat perception and how good you are in dealing with it.. Indian embassy does not face equal threat in USA...
am pretty sure US embassy in iraq and pakistan will have much more elaborate security features. Same with Indian embassy in kabul.

I understand diplomatic priviliedge and other goodies are based on reciprocity, but not security.

And when's the last time a TRUCK BOMB was used in India? I don't think there has been a single instance. And the link you provided related to one of the "troubled" red states- not the national capital of India and the embassy district at that.

Nov 2012 New Delhi

Israeli leaders blamed Iran and Lebanese Shiite militant group Hezbollah for a car bomb attack that wounded an Israeli diplomat at its New Delhi, India embassy Monday.

Israeli diplomat wounded in India car bomb blast; second attack thwarted in Tbilisi | The Envoy - Yahoo News

level of security is based on threat perception and how good you are in dealing with it.. Indian embassy does not face equal threat in USA...
am pretty sure US embassy in iraq and pakistan will have much more elaborate security features. Same with Indian embassy in kabul.

I understand diplomatic priviliedge and other goodies are based on reciprocity, but not security.

Oh bhai...tu American DIPLOMAT kyo nhi ban jata???? :lol:

Not at all. I am least interested in it.. Its not about a dick measuring contest.. I appreciate the US efforts to defuse the tension.. The end result will be she will be sending back to India.. Its the only way we both can solve the issue.. Back door talks are going on.. That means we both wanted a safe exit from this debacle and sending her back is the best way.. Because, it is the standard procedure when a diplomat is breaking laws in the countries they are working..

Well,the faster this clusterfuck goes away,the better.Plus,Domino's,Chuck E Cheese,KFC's would be safer. :)

Nov 2012 New Delhi

Israeli leaders blamed Iran and Lebanese Shiite militant group Hezbollah for a car bomb attack that wounded an Israeli diplomat at its New Delhi, India embassy Monday.

Israeli diplomat wounded in India car bomb blast; second attack thwarted in Tbilisi | The Envoy - Yahoo News
But specifically was this a TRUCK BOMB- the risk you say the US embassy now faces as a result of these barricades being removed. I dare you to find one such instance of a truck bombing.

There's just no need to exaggerate threat perceptions.

Well,the faster this clusterfuck goes away,the better.Plus,Domino's,Chuck E Cheese,KFC's would be safer. :)

Just because one outlet is attacked, does not mean that all Indians are running around and torching US stuffs..If that the case, I wouldnt have any underwear left to wear...

Just because one outlet is attacked, does not mean that all Indians are running around and torching US stuffs..If that the case, I wouldnt have any underwear left to wear...

My friend,it would have been a sad state of affairs if 1.2 billion indians would be running around burning outlets.

Back
Top Bottom