What's new

India overreacts to diplomat's arrest

What if he said it was as well defended as the WTC or the USS Cole? Would that make you comfortable and less worried :) ?

Are you saying Indians will resort to Al Qaeda suicide tactics?

Nothing is overacting here ....... A diplomat should not be treated like that and there are questions regarding the shifting of maid's family to the US before this incident.

Seems USA started its circus ...... :lol:

Nothing is overacting here ....... A diplomat should not be treated like that and there are questions regarding the shifting of maid's family to the US before this incident.

Seems USA started its circus ...... :lol:

I wonder when you will understand that the Justice System is independent in the US,not even Obama can influence it.

It's simple and it amazes me that many of you still can't grasp it.

Are you saying Indians will resort to Al Qaeda suicide tactics?

How did you arrive at that conclusion? It seems you want to troll.

On topic,

India has over reacted. The whole matter should have been tackled in a different way.

Indian politicians play frequent lip service to the "aam admi" or common man, but the Indian press is daily filled with accounts of horrific mistreatment meted out by upper-class Indians against India's "common citizens" (for example, just last month a member of India's parliament was arrested for beating a servant to death -- allegedly over the quality of her dusting). In that context, it is worth noting that this is not the first recent case of alleged abuse of domestic servants at India's New York Consulate.

What a moronic comment.. Just because a member of parliament was arrested here in India means that US can arrest a diplomat there is US.. Then I am sure that they wont mind we arresting some diplomatic guys for not paying Indian staffs minimum wages in US embassies because US was arresting people for not paying minimum wages.

Though I think what USA did is certainly not acceptable but I think there is surely something more.
Why would a maid want to settle in USA if she is not able to speak their language properly(from her diary) and more over any person who does not have a exposer of other world, why would like to settle there.
I feel there is something more than what meets the eye

I wonder when you will understand that the Justice System is independent in the US,not even Obama can influence it.

It's simple and it amazes me that many of you still can't grasp it.

This is diplomacy and there are events in which USSR and USA exchanged prisoners in the past. India do not care what US Justice system is nor it will care for US law enforcement authorities.

If USA really wants to gain an ally it will talk and resolve the issue or else India will choose its options.

How did you arrive at that conclusion? It seems you want to troll.

On topic,

India has over reacted. The whole matter should have been tackled in a different way.

C'mon folks.. What if the same would have happened to an American woman diplomat in India. If she was taken to a local Police Chowki and strip searched by a lady constable.. Dude, you would have seen a USN CBG in Indian ocean.. So lets not talk about Indian over reaction here.. Shall we?

I think had perhaps widely overreacted however perhaps this is the only language the US will listen too? They seem pretty belligerent usually and uninterested in serving anyone's interests but their own.

India can't let itself be seen as a push over. So I guess it's better to overreact than under react.

May be you have comprehension problem or you just wanna troll!! :)

Nope just making a point. The Indian Parliament was attacked in New Delhi I wouldn't take the security of the US embassy in India for granted.

Back
Top Bottom