What's new

India overreacts to diplomat's arrest

Just because one outlet is attacked, does not mean that all Indians are running around and torching US stuffs..If that the case, I wouldnt have any underwear left to wear...
gandhi baba said .. buy swadeshi.. next time buy roopa or vip... otherwise someday your undies will be on fire.. :toast_sign:

But specifically was this a TRUCK BOMB- the risk you say the US embassy now faces as a result of these barricades being removed. I dare you to find one such instance of a truck bombing.

There's just no need to exaggerate threat perceptions.

Car bomb / truck bomb does it matter?

My friend,it would have been a sad state of affairs if 1.2 billion indians would be running around burning outlets.

We are emotional people but we are not that radical :D

Well,the faster this clusterfuck goes away,the better.Plus,Domino's,Chuck E Cheese,KFC's would be safer. :)
these attacks are all local politics.. its not like Indians going mad and burning american symbols...
25359792.jpg

It was a valid point, if Indians cannot defend their own parliament in the heart of its capital. How secure is the US embassy? I think we should close our embassy in India and recall all US nationals.

If that is the case then why not provides barricade security to all country's diplomatic staff in America ?
Since your own World Trade Centre, USS Cole, and the mighty Pentagon are not safe from terrorists due to your incapability and incompetence. How secure are the world's embassies in America ?

As for America calling its diplomatic staff back from India, please do. I dare Americans to do it on a public forum. It would be the right thing.

level of security is based on threat perception and how good you are in dealing with it.. Indian embassy does not face equal threat in USA...
am pretty sure US embassy in iraq and pakistan will have much more elaborate security features. Same with Indian embassy in kabul.

I understand diplomatic priviliedge and other goodies are based on reciprocity, but not security.

Thank you for understanding the bold part. Also , don't forget , there is a reasonably large population of Pakistanis in USA some of whom are radicalised (Salman Shahazad ??? Times Square ???). It can happen to the Indian embassy too . What are they waiting for ? The first attack on the Indian embassy on American soil ? Let them provide barricades. We will do the same.

Car bomb / truck bomb does it matter?
I dont think you know much about terrorism in India.. random google seach cannot give what you want to find.
There have not been any such bombs (slamming explosive laden truck/car into target) in India. Read your own search links.
That however is not a good enough reason to reduce security, anything can happen in future.

It was not a car bomb. It was a sticky bomb attached to the car. Read the whole story please.

Regardless the Israeli envoy to India was hurt in the explosion wasn't he?

Regardless the Israeli envoy to India was hurt in the explosion wasn't he?
I think you lost track of your own replies.
A bomb was attached to israeli envoy's car which exploded and envoy was hurt.
And we are talking about car bomb that can be stopped by barricades.
What is common in these two?
'car' and 'bomb'
Google search is not that smart yet.

Back
Top Bottom