What's new

India launches campaign in China to push its IT sector

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to some china students studying in Bangalore university when I was in bangalore. They told me they failed chinese university exam, and their family are not so rich to send them study in west university, so they choose indian for low cost and english speaker enviroment, and it seems entering indian university is very easy for foriengers comparing to indian. Doese the university use different exam for foriengers?

Yes you are right. Foreigner need not go through the common entrance exam. No subside for them. Still it is cheaper compared to western full aid education.

Dude, that was totally uncalled for. His post was totally reasonable. China does have more net users than India (probably the largest in the world).

As for chinese censorship, lets not bring it into this thread. Their censorship is their issue. fact remains that our companies want to do business in China despite the censorship. Shows how big the market is.

Most Indians get so carried away by the self appointed title of 'IT superpower' that they cannot see reality. There is much bigger world outside than just some call centres and software coding centres.
Th IT infrastructure here in China is awesome. The number of internet users are over 500million. You can see interent everywhere. Broadband access is available cheapely. 3G wireless borad band internet is available in most cities now. Most public places and coffeshops have free WiFi hotspot access. Almost all houses have computer. Every middle class person has a laptop.
There are really huge Chinese IT companies. Huawei is one of the biggest. Its much bigger than TCS or Infosys. But they cater mostly to domestic market. Hence they are not as famous.
All big IT companies have big presence in China. may be their operations in China is much bigger than in India. But since they only cater to the Chinese market, they are not that visible.

Is that so? :rofl::rofl:

another reason for china's IT industry is strong hardware industry, fortune 500 company Huawei overtaken Siemens as the second largest telecom supplier. it is only behind Ericsson now. the sales of huawei in 2009 is 30billion USD. ZTE is also following Huawei very closely.

china's domestic internet market is huge, 400million netizens with very developed and mature internet banking and business system, dwarfing US and European counterparts like China's skyscrapers and infrastructures did. Only several eastern Asian country is ahead of china. Perhaps Japan is the best. Chinese software industry can earn a fortune focusing on domestic market, so they have less impetus working as cheap as indians in international market. that's the problem of whole east asia, but in the long run, it will damage their enterprise spirt, so chinese govt is still encourage them to go out and learn from indians, which chinese IT companies look down upon

btw: I don't see anything funny:what: you also got to realize being good only at outsourcing doesn't make you the best in IT.

I talked to some china students studying in Bangalore university when I was in bangalore. They told me they failed chinese university exam, and their family are not so rich to send them study in west university, so they choose indian for low cost and english speaker enviroment, and it seems entering indian university is very easy for foriengers comparing to indian. Doese the university use different exam for foriengers?

ok i think thats the reason.... you know there r some foreigners who do not do better in our university exam...in fact they score very bad..plus they engage in other kinds of politics with other nationals
for eg: last year there was serious conflict between irani and iraqi students... they were detained
also there are some african nationals who are indulged in drugs smuglings... it is said in india that every 3rd person arrested in case of drugs is a Nigerian national or student..:blink:

Last edited:
in fact, chinese govt show great interests in india's vocational schools and training program in software and encourage enterprises to build schools like that, hoping china's poor boys from the coutryside can benefit from that.

@scuthan
what does your signature indicate??
....."Originally Posted by Justin Joseph
1 rupee = around 45 US dollars"

@scuthan
what does your signature indicate??
....."Originally Posted by Justin Joseph
1 rupee = around 45 US dollars"

Justin Joseph is a routine troller here who has a habbit to fabricate things to fool others. "Golden rupee"is the most outrageous one.

No worries, i will delete that signature when enough.

You should delete it before the day when that signature really becomes true, with the Indian economy growing and all that :P

infosys seems to be a good company in technolgoy.

Although China has one of the largest IT industry,larger than india's, it is because of its huge domestic market, 400 million netizens. china is strong in hardware industry and telecom equipement& service, which is extremely competitive in international market. but its internet market is very exclusive, taobao is an substitute of ebay, QQ for MSN, baidu for google, youku for youtube. but its domestic market is huge, QQ alone has 100 million online user simutanleously every night. Internet bank and derivative online business is also very developed.

so china's software industry focus more on the domestic market, which brings them huge profits, and it is behind india in international market. one major reason is that china have very few people speaking english. india operate their company in english language, that is a great advantage.

but few indians read and write characters. so most of them would not success in the local market.

Most Indians get so carried away by the self appointed title of 'IT superpower' that they cannot see reality. There is much bigger world outside than just some call centres and software coding centres.
Th IT infrastructure here in China is awesome. The number of internet users are over 500million. You can see interent everywhere. Broadband access is available cheapely. 3G wireless borad band internet is available in most cities now. Most public places and coffeshops have free WiFi hotspot access. Almost all houses have computer. Every middle class person has a laptop.
There are really huge Chinese IT companies. Huawei is one of the biggest. Its much bigger than TCS or Infosys. But they cater mostly to domestic market. Hence they are not as famous.
All big IT companies have big presence in China. may be their operations in China is much bigger than in India. But since they only cater to the Chinese market, they are not that visible.

not visible to non-chinese speakers only.
60% of huawei technology's revenue comes from markets out of China.

i'd trust an indian IT company over US ones like google or microsoft. who knows what kind of s* they're using to track your moves? i mean windows already has a backdoor in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom