What's new

India launches campaign in China to push its IT sector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infy does have a financial product. Plus there are some very hardcore product development done in Indian Software Development Labs of product dev comps like Microsoft, Yahoo, Google etc.

Microsoft, Yahoo and Google are owned by Americans...and having skill to do R & D versus managing and building, marketing a product are entirely different plays...Lets be honest, Indian IT Industry is primarily services based...If right environment is created product companies can be incubated...but there arent any winner products from India. Sorry.

infosys seems to be a good company in technolgoy.

Although China has one of the largest IT industry,larger than india's, it is because of its huge domestic market, 400 million netizens.

Is that so? :rofl::rofl:

Something tells me this is the start of a new beginning for India. Things are going to change for the good and India is following the success of China and going to do better than China itself.

I hope we hit the double digit growth rates soon. :yahoo:

we will by 2012, for sure

Is that so? :rofl::rofl:

he is right the china have more net users and equal number of spies to snoop and filter them.

That's the reason of huge demand they filter and sensor everything so they have got this hard economy of censorship.

infosys seems to be a good company in technolgoy.

Although China has one of the largest IT industry,larger than india's, it is because of its huge domestic market, 400 million netizens. china is strong in hardware industry and telecom equipement& service, which is extremely competitive in international market. but its internet market is very exclusive, taobao is an substitute of ebay, QQ for MSN, baidu for google, youku for youtube. but its domestic market is huge, QQ alone has 100 million online user simutanleously every night. Internet bank and derivative online business is also very developed.

so china's software industry focus more on the domestic market, which brings them huge profits, and it is behind india in international market. one major reason is that china have very few people speaking english. india operate their company in english language, that is a great advantage.

It's so true as you said. China mainly dedicates in her own huge domestic software market and doesn't have too much time left writing basic software codes ( they call it "International Software Solutions" :rofl::rofl:) for the US like most India's "renowned " "giant" sofware firms do.

It's so true as you said. China mainly dedicates in her own huge domestic software market and doesn't have too much time left writing basic software codes ( they call it "International Software Solutions" :rofl::rofl:) for the US like most India's "renowned " "giant" sofware firms do.

If u have little bit knowledge about china u should know that there are thousands of Chinese students studying IT courses in India.

There are about 7000 chinese students in VIT only.

Now, go and ask ur chinese friends i'm wrong or right.

he is right the china have more net users and equal number of spies to snoop and filter them.

That's the reason of huge demand they filter and sensor everything so they have got this hard economy of censorship.

Dude, that was totally uncalled for. His post was totally reasonable. China does have more net users than India (probably the largest in the world).

As for chinese censorship, lets not bring it into this thread. Their censorship is their issue. fact remains that our companies want to do business in China despite the censorship. Shows how big the market is.

If u have little bit knowledge about china u should know that there are thousands of Chinese students studying IT courses in India.

So there are some Chinese nationals, a drop in the ocean of Chinese students overseas, studying IT courses in India, huh? Look and count how many thousands Indians studying in China in engineering and medicine alone! What you are trying to prove? It means nothing, Einstein :coffee:

I just googled it and found there is about 179,800 chinese student study oversea in 2008, while about 1200 of them studied in India.
The main reasons they studied in india are due to its low cost and english study enviroment.

Bharathidasan University to admit 1,000 Chinese students by December, 2008

Low cost and english study enviroment attracts chinese students to study oversea in india (use google web translator if you want to read about it)

A record high of 179,800 students went abroad for overseas studies last year(2008).

Post reported.

China's software industry revenues, January to December 2009

Revenue (RMB bln) Y-o-y change (%)
Software products 328.8 ($48.13billion) 26.3
Software services 212.63 ($31.12billion) 31.4
Of which: software outsourcing 30.7($4.49billion) 35
System integration software 220.29 ($32.24billion) 23.7
Embedded software 167.36 ($24.50billion) 22.1
IC design software 22.22 ($3.25billion) 10.1
Software exports $18.5 billion 14
Of which: software outsourcing $2.4billion 15
Industry total 951.3($139.24billion) 25.6

Source: MIIT
*ttp://tmt.interfaxchina.com/news/2609

I just googled it and found there is about 179,800 chinese student study oversea in 2008, while about 1200 of them studied in India.
The main reasons they studied in india are due to its low cost and english study enviroment.

Bharathidasan University to admit 1,000 Chinese students by December, 2008

Low cost and english study enviroment attracts chinese students to study oversea in india (use google web translator if you want to read about it)

A record high of 179,800 students went abroad for overseas studies last year(2008).

I talked to some china students studying in Bangalore university when I was in bangalore. They told me they failed chinese university exam, and their family are not so rich to send them study in west university, so they choose indian for low cost and english speaker enviroment, and it seems entering indian university is very easy for foriengers comparing to indian. Doese the university use different exam for foriengers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom