What's new

India, Japan ask Pakistan to take action against terror networks operating from its territory, comply with FATF commitments

I don't agree with this view that a lot of Pakistanis have.

If you look at the goods that China imports, it is basically resources, high end engineering and luxury goods. Indeed, Pakistan's export to China today is mostly resources like sea food or cotton. This is not the case for Pakistan only, even for India it is the same. Developing countries of South Asia can only import manufactured goods from China and not export them to it.

Now you may think that China will industrialize Pakistan and use Pakistan to manufacture and export goods to other countries. But this is also very optimistic because for this to succeed Pakistan should have trained labor force and highly favorable market access to Western countries. Remember that China's population is also pretty big and they manufacture not only for themselves but also to export. Despite an increase in cost of Chinese labor, their logistics at manufacturing is so efficient that it can be easily offset. Both India and Pakistan have high cost of logistics and are therefore unable to efficiently manufacture goods.

Lastly, why is Japan important for a country like Pakistan? Simply because they lend money at less than 1% interest to countries like India and Bangladesh. This is actually profitable for their deflating economy. But the Chinese loans to Pakistan are at 3% based on what I've read.

You can reflect on what I've said and choose to accept or reject my view. :cheers:
Sorry but what kind of crap have you typed here.

China is in the process of industrializing Pakistan. This is not just an "optimistic" view, but is in the works.

Japanese must offer low interest loans to Pakistan......if they don't then its an irrelevant point. Yuan significance as a global reserve currency will only increase.....Chinese will become more like the USA in the 80's and Japan in the 90's.....a big investor in developing countries with hot domestic asset values. Pakistan will benefit from this if PKR remains weak......It already is. This trend will only continue.
EU offers GSP plus status to Pakistan, but not to India. This is because Pakistani diplomats in the region are good enough to lobby for this after some natural disaster event in the country. Same way, I think Pakistan can focus its foreign policy efforts in Japan. The average Japanese may not have any negative opinion about Pakistan after all.

As for currency reserve status for Yuan in future, I cannot predict the future. Your statements are only speculative. Often speculation is a product of the future we would like to see :-)

If you look at the goods that China imports, it is basically resources, high end engineering and luxury goods. Indeed, Pakistan's export to China today is mostly resources like sea food or cotton. This is not the case for Pakistan only, even for India it is the same. Developing countries of South Asia can only import manufactured goods from China and not export them to it.

Now you may think that China will industrialize Pakistan and use Pakistan to manufacture and export goods to other countries. But this is also very optimistic because for this to succeed Pakistan should have trained labor force and highly favorable market access to Western countries. Remember that China's population is also pretty big and they manufacture not only for themselves but also to export. Despite an increase in cost of Chinese labor, their logistics at manufacturing is so efficient that it can be easily offset. Both India and Pakistan have high cost of logistics and are therefore unable to efficiently manufacture goods.

Lastly, why is Japan important for a country like Pakistan? Simply because they lend money at less than 1% interest to countries like India and Bangladesh. This is actually profitable for their deflating economy. But the Chinese loans to Pakistan are at 3% based on what I've read.

You can reflect on what I've said and choose to accept or reject my view. :cheers:
Japan's 1% interest loan to other countries is in Japanese yen. China and Pakistan signed a currency swap agreement. Which is more favorable? China's 3% interest to Pakistan is mainly in US dollars. Considering the interest on US dollar treasury bonds and the continued depreciation of the US dollar. Can you find out what the interest rate is on the RMB loan provided by China to Pakistan?

So is one of the Pakistani Tughrils/type 54APs going to tag along the next Sino-Russian fleet FONOPs around Japan in the future? :)
China and turkey are the only 2 countries pakistanis genuinely like
If china wants- pakistani public would happily do this and beyond

Frankly the statement may be a temporary gut punch but it really doesn’t have an impact on the overall relationship and Japanese input to Pakistan. One must also go beyond the statement to see what Japan is getting out of this trip and hence why making this statement to antagonize Pakistan a bit is peanuts in the long run.

Pakistan will say nothing. Our foreign policy is the biggest curse. We should openly support Russian stance on Islands that Russian and Japanese, both claim. We must Talk about internal affairs of other countries. We should also learn to lie on weekly basis like 30thousand terrorist ready on Indian side, like Japan doesn't have any locus standi on Islands that Russia claims etc. Weak foreign policy is for slaves and Pakistan has been treated all over the world, like a slave.

Pakistan will say nothing. Our foreign policy is the biggest curse. We should openly support Russian stance on Islands that Russian and Japanese, both claim. We must Talk about internal affairs of other countries. We should also learn to lie on weekly basis like 30thousand terrorist ready on Indian side, like Japan doesn't have any locus standi on Islands that Russia claims etc. Weak foreign policy is for slaves and Pakistan has been treated all over the world, like a slave.
Better to stay neutral unless Russia sides with us on the Kashmir dispute.

Those Europeans are quite callous when it comes to our kind.

Better to stay neutral unless Russia sides with us on the Kashmir dispute.

Those Europeans are quite callous when it comes to our kind.
Being neutral destroyed us. It humiliated us. Why Only China and turkey support Pakistan on the Kashmir issue? Why not more countries? Why not big countries? Mindset is key. proper planning is missing. With this foreign policy, Pakistan can only pray for more dollars because this foreign policy will bring nothing. I have seen many countries giving the same type of statements against Pakistan but Pakistan didn't utter a word. This is weak, very weak. This shows a lack of respect and shows how much respect you are giving to your country. You are representing a country. there are many ways to defend your country. People shouldn't accept jobs if they aren't sincere because you are representing Pakistan. This terrorism tag is destroying us day by day.

Japanese the founder of kamakazi and seppuku giving such statements with anime and manga being their inner conflict and extraterrestrial crisis.

Japan's 1% interest loan to other countries is in Japanese yen. China and Pakistan signed a currency swap agreement. Which is more favorable? China's 3% interest to Pakistan is mainly in US dollars. Considering the interest on US dollar treasury bonds and the continued depreciation of the US dollar. Can you find out what the interest rate is on the RMB loan provided by China to Pakistan?
The Japanese also offer currency swap agreements. In many cases, the interest rate is as low as 0.1%. I doubt the claim that Chinese soft loans can be more competitive than that. Developing countries should try to approach Japan as they seem to offer the most benevolent rates that I've seen. :cheers:

We never had a problem with Japanese and they continue to help/support us in various areas. The statement should be taken just as a statement while we should discuss it with Japan that why the need to issue such statement.

New Delhi [India], March 19 (ANI): Noting that countries should ensure that territory under their control is not used to launch terror attacks, India and Japan on Saturday called upon Pakistan to take resolute and irreversible action against terrorist networks operating out of its territory and comply fully with international commitments including to Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
They also called upon all countries to work together for rooting out terrorist safe havens and infrastructure, disrupting terrorist networks and their financing channels
According to 'Joint Statement Partnership for a Peaceful, Stable and Prosperous Post-COVID World' released after the summit meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Japan Prime Minister Fumio Kishida, the two countries also concurred to strengthen counter-terrorism efforts in multilateral fora
"The Prime Ministers expressed deep concern at the growing threat of terrorism and underlined the need for strengthening international cooperation to combat terrorism in a comprehensive and sustained manner. They called upon all countries to work together for rooting out terrorist safe havens and infrastructure, disrupting terrorist networks and their financing channels, and halting cross-border movement of terrorists, the statement said
In this context, they also called upon all countries to ensure that territory under their control is not used to launch terror attacks, to expeditiously bring to justice the perpetrators of such attacks
"They reiterated their condemnation of terrorist attacks in India, including 26/11 Mumbai and Pathankot attacks and called upon Pakistan to take resolute and irreversible action against terrorist networks operating out of its territory and comply fully with international commitments including to FATF," the statement said
"They also concurred to strengthen counter-terrorism efforts in multilateral fora, and to work together on early adoption of the Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism (CCIT) in the United Nations," it added
The Prime Ministers reaffirmed their intention to collaborate closely to realise peace and stability in Afghanistan, and stressed the importance of addressing humanitarian crisis, promoting human rights and ensuring establishment of a truly representative and inclusive political system
They also reaffirmed the importance of UNSCR 2593 (2021) which unequivocally demands that Afghan territory not be used for sheltering, training, planning or financing terrorist acts and called for concerted action against all terrorist groups, including those sanctioned by the UNSC.

Apparently Japs gave similar Statements in 2019 and 2020 too. Pakistan needs to ask what's itching them since so long?

Hmmmm…

These Japanese are like Jews. All they care is about money. They also see themselves as being superior to other Asians.

Back
Top Bottom