What's new

India, Japan ask Pakistan to take action against terror networks operating from its territory, comply with FATF commitments

Maybe the US is pushing the QUAD members to be more supportive of each other. On a side note, I expect South Korea will join the QUAD given their newly elected leader is strongly anti-China and pro-US.
QUAD will never be a thing as long as India depends on Russia for 80% of its arms while Putin remains anti west.

I think the idea of Japan taking an anti Pakistan stand because of QUAD is highly speculative. Funnily, I doubt an average Japanese person can understand India Pakistan conflict enough to choose sides. This stand from the Japanese government remains a mystery to me.

I'm interested to see how the Pakistani government will react to this. Pakistan also needs a good relationship with Japan.

New Delhi [India], March 19 (ANI): Noting that countries should ensure that territory under their control is not used to launch terror attacks, India and Japan on Saturday called upon Pakistan to take resolute and irreversible action against terrorist networks operating out of its territory and comply fully with international commitments including to Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
They also called upon all countries to work together for rooting out terrorist safe havens and infrastructure, disrupting terrorist networks and their financing channels
According to 'Joint Statement Partnership for a Peaceful, Stable and Prosperous Post-COVID World' released after the summit meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Japan Prime Minister Fumio Kishida, the two countries also concurred to strengthen counter-terrorism efforts in multilateral fora
"The Prime Ministers expressed deep concern at the growing threat of terrorism and underlined the need for strengthening international cooperation to combat terrorism in a comprehensive and sustained manner. They called upon all countries to work together for rooting out terrorist safe havens and infrastructure, disrupting terrorist networks and their financing channels, and halting cross-border movement of terrorists, the statement said
In this context, they also called upon all countries to ensure that territory under their control is not used to launch terror attacks, to expeditiously bring to justice the perpetrators of such attacks
"They reiterated their condemnation of terrorist attacks in India, including 26/11 Mumbai and Pathankot attacks and called upon Pakistan to take resolute and irreversible action against terrorist networks operating out of its territory and comply fully with international commitments including to FATF," the statement said
"They also concurred to strengthen counter-terrorism efforts in multilateral fora, and to work together on early adoption of the Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism (CCIT) in the United Nations," it added
The Prime Ministers reaffirmed their intention to collaborate closely to realise peace and stability in Afghanistan, and stressed the importance of addressing humanitarian crisis, promoting human rights and ensuring establishment of a truly representative and inclusive political system
They also reaffirmed the importance of UNSCR 2593 (2021) which unequivocally demands that Afghan territory not be used for sheltering, training, planning or financing terrorist acts and called for concerted action against all terrorist groups, including those sanctioned by the UNSC.

Apparently Japs gave similar Statements in 2019 and 2020 too. Pakistan needs to ask what's itching them since so long?

What a bunch of f*cking simps the Japanese rulers have become.
How about they apologise for the mass genocide of Asia? Mass rape of Asian women, beheading of kids, mass bayoneting of the elderly.

Go worry about your elderly population (the majority now) and your young who have the lowest figure of any nation who wish not to fight for their homeland.

I'm interested to see how the Pakistani government will react to this. Pakistan also needs a good relationship with Japan.
Pakistan can ignore Japan. Japan's global importance is in rapid decline. Pakistan can become a middle income country simply by focusing on trade with China......which will be the largest economy in the world within decade.

Call their ambassador over lodge a complaint. These idiots seem to be becoming too big for their boots. They’re picking a fight with Russia as well lol. Wait till there is peace in Ukraine and they turn their attention to you.

Last edited:
Interestingly Japan is the biggest foreign aid provider to India. India is one of the biggest foreign aid recievers and Japan is its top aid provider. Idk how Japan thinks India is that important for it that it is willing to allign its foreign policy with Indian desires.

As far as I know, Pakistan's financial control is so strong & strict now that it is better than several western countries. At this point its just randi rona from India and whoever is standing with it.

Moreover Pakistan should soon shif to union pay and Chinese model. It should also start using Yuan and PKR for mutual trade whenever possible.

Pakistan can ignore Japan. Japan's global importance is in rapid decline. Pakistan can become a middle income country simply by focusing on trade with China......which will be the largest economy in the world within decade.
I don't agree with this view that a lot of Pakistanis have.

If you look at the goods that China imports, it is basically resources, high end engineering and luxury goods. Indeed, Pakistan's export to China today is mostly resources like sea food or cotton. This is not the case for Pakistan only, even for India it is the same. Developing countries of South Asia can only import manufactured goods from China and not export them to it.

Now you may think that China will industrialize Pakistan and use Pakistan to manufacture and export goods to other countries. But this is also very optimistic because for this to succeed Pakistan should have trained labor force and highly favorable market access to Western countries. Remember that China's population is also pretty big and they manufacture not only for themselves but also to export. Despite an increase in cost of Chinese labor, their logistics at manufacturing is so efficient that it can be easily offset. Both India and Pakistan have high cost of logistics and are therefore unable to efficiently manufacture goods.

Lastly, why is Japan important for a country like Pakistan? Simply because they lend money at less than 1% interest to countries like India and Bangladesh. This is actually profitable for their deflating economy. But the Chinese loans to Pakistan are at 3% based on what I've read.

You can reflect on what I've said and choose to accept or reject my view. :cheers:

Lastly, why is Japan important for a country like Pakistan? Simply because they lend money at less than 1% interest to countries like India and Bangladesh. This is actually profitable for their deflating economy. But the Chinese loans to Pakistan are at 3% based on what I've read.
Japanese must offer low interest loans to Pakistan......if they don't then its an irrelevant point. Yuan significance as a global reserve currency will only increase.....Chinese will become more like the USA in the 80's and Japan in the 90's.....a big investor in developing countries with hot domestic asset values. Pakistan will benefit from this if PKR remains weak......It already is. This trend will only continue.

Back
Top Bottom