What's new

India, Iran cradles of great civilizations: Iranian envoy

dude,this is no lie man.Our language Sanskrit is from Iran.
Thats what i mean man,if it originated from the same language,same thing.

Woah! what a logic man.........

If Sanskrit and old Persian language originated from a common language....that means Sanskrit originated from Old Persian language???? :lol:

Why can't we say just the opposite then.....i.e old Persian language originated from Sanskrit????

You must be a very learned man :rofl:

Most of the south asian syed are anything but arab.

Agreed.

Let's see an arab wanderer came to south asia and got married to local woman, their children once again got married to natives, thousand years and 50 gen later they still gloat over their arabian ancestry when in realty they don't even have 1% of arab gene(not that I think having arab gene is something you can be proud of).

I am just glad that i am from the family of syed. and i have no proud on arab ancestry.

I have a feeling that during some point in our history pretty much all of the written history was lost or burned off or something. The lack of documented history in this region is quite appalling.

Nowhere in the works you'd find documented history pre iron age except for china. The only thing you have folklores, mythologies, archeological findings, linguistic traces etc etc.

I don't see any. Can you point it out to me?

And no the Dawn news report won't cut it.

Yes, I can give one example of Bakhtiyar Khilji who set on fire the Grand library of Nalanda University on fire and the library burnt for days. Apart from this he also destroyed other grand Vikramshila University.

OK lets look at the first paragraph from Wiki.

Multan was ruled by various Hindu empires for over 1000 years.[1] It was the capital of ancient Trigarta Kingdom at the time of Mahabharta and ruled by Katoch Clan Kshatriya Rajputs.

It is believed to have been visited by Alexander the Great. It is said that when Alexander was fighting for the city, a poisoned arrow struck him, making him ill and eventually leading to his death. The exact place where Alexander was hit by the arrow can be seen in the old city premises. It is believed to be the same city as "Maii-us-than", where Alexander's forces stormed the citadel after seeing their king injured and unconscious on the field of battle. Multan was part of the Mauryan and the Gupta empires that ruled much of northern India. In the mid-5th century, the city was attacked by a group of nomads led by Toramana. These nomads were successful in taking the city, but did not stay, and the long-standing Hindu rule over the city was re-established. The noted Chinese traveller Huen Tsang visited Multan in 641.

The oldest reference to Multan is in Mahabharat. The same Mahabharat refers to countless other cities in India, how does it make Multan the oldest ever city?

Second oldest reference is Alexander. Many other cities in the sub continent have references that predates Alexander.

Take Varanasi for example. Kingdom of Kashi existed during the time of Buddha. Varanasi is even mentioned in the Rig Veda! The oldest ever book!

Also as a Muslim do you believe what Mahabharat tells you? Cause that would mean you also believe in Hindu God Krishna and many other Hindu Gods that are mentioned in Mahabharat:lol:, do you?

Yes Multan is great place, has an awesome history and legacy, but the oldest in the World? Don't think so, not even the oldest in South Asia.

Woah! what a logic man.........

If Sanskrit and old Persian language originated from a common language....that means Sanskrit originated from Old Persian language???? :lol:

Why can't we say just the opposite then.....i.e old Persian language originated from Sanskrit????

You must be a very learned man :rofl:

There is a flaw in my reasoning but thats not what u r pointing out,it is that the same land can produce diff languages because different people lived around the same time.

Tamil and Malayalam originated from the same language and to this day remain similar.

I said syed from iranian descent because i wanted to tell you that my family came to sub continent through iran.

And yes it is true that we are from quraish actually it is further divided into many tribes syed are actually from banu hashim. it is a sub clan of quraish.
maybe we are from the same family :D

Back
Top Bottom