What's new

India, China to hold joint army exercise

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score
India, China to hold joint army exercise
Mon, 28 May 2007

NEW DELHI, May 28 In a sign of their improving relations, India and China will conduct their first-ever joint army training exercise.

The decision was announced Monday after a visit to China by an Indian military delegation led by Gen. J.J. Singh, chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee, the Press Trust of India reported.

The training exercise, whose dates and place will be announced later, is designed to build military-to-military confidence, the Indian press organization said.

Before leaving for Beijing, Singh told PTI China's People Liberation Army is interested in conducting anti-terrorism maneuvers in light of the Indian army's success in battling low-intensity insurgencies in the northeast and Kashmir regions.

Although it has never acknowledged any such internal problem, the PTI noted there have been reports of a simmering insurgency in China's Xinjian and Turkestan provinces, which have a large Muslim population.

China and India became bitter enemies after their 1962 war but relations have improved significantly in recent years despite China's closeness to Pakistan.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/67023.html

What is the significance of this? :confused:
Is it just a CBM?

I read in Jane's that they are testing there capabilities and want to expose as much as they can with asian powers.

Well Chinese navy held an excersize with USN last year, why not India.

They did have an exercise with India the Indian navy went to some port in China and they conducted there exercise, the chinese are re-developing there capabilities, Jane's report suggest they want to make advancements in all departments (navy,army and air force) they are intoducing new technology phazing out the old training there personal, they are also pushing hard into stealth technologies. The report says that China has not focused on its military much and now feels the stress form the US and how the activities are developing in Taiwan, Taiwan has become a major issue it has developed rapidly in defence technology aided by the US.

China is also trying to advance its aging BM and is trying to upgrade there Nuclear technology.
And lots more.

What is the significance of this? :confused:
Is it just a CBM?

Apparently they want to make sure that friendly ties be established between the forces of the two countries. Nothing special. ;)

Friday, June 08, 2007

First-ever India, China army exercises in Oct

NEW DELHI: India and China have agreed to hold their first-ever joint army exercise as part of a wider effort to improve ties between the one-time Asian enemies, military officials said on Thursday.

The manoeuvres are slated for October and will see 100 Indian troops sent to China for a workout in anti-terrorism tactics, the Indian army chief, General JJ Singh, was quoted as saying by the Indian Express newspaper.

The agreement comes after the army chief visited China at the end of May.

The two nations – who fought a bloody border war in 1962 – conducted joint naval exercises in the East China Sea in 2003, but otherwise cooperation between two of the world’s largest armed forces has been scant.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\06\08\story_8-6-2007_pg7_50

The joint exercise cannot play a actual role, it won't to change the deep distrust between China and India.

Because of the 1962 Sino-Indian War,border issue and, as well as the geopolitical interests,the two countries are destined not to become wholehearted friends.

India military‘s advantage lies in that they have the experience of fighting with terrorism, this is the really thing that Chinese military pay attention.

But I hope all the soldiers of both countries take part in the exercise can have a good time.

India military‘s advantage lies in that they have the experience of fighting with terrorism, this is the really thing that Chinese military pay attention.

If that was the only purpose then they would have had exercise with PA.

Chinese are smart ppl they chose the best in the business. :cheers:

you are right. we know that there is 20-30 years advance that we current hold, and thus we keep investing in our defence sector to keep you busy.

when you people are operating those dead expensive aircraft carriers and Su-30 fighters, we effectively forced you to allocate your very limited resources onto something useless.

do we really want to fight a war with India? yes, but conventional, we want a war of knowledge/innovation/economic strength. we are fighting this war now and you are losing.

:china:

Chinese are smart ppl they chose the best in the business. :cheers:
Sorry..but i don't we can call IA best in the business after their poor performance in Mumbai (I am just stating fact not being offensive..no hard feelings..)

Sorry..but i don't we can call IA best in the business after their poor performance in Mumbai (I am just stating fact not being offensive..no hard feelings..)

:blah:Don't worry they are getting more exposure against different kind of Terror Threats.. It will help them to develop skills on different levels...
:wave:

hmm Please stick to the topic guys .

From where did this India and China War came into picture.

@shchinese:Are you from Chinese army ?why you are so aggressive against us .

Anyway ,Regarding Chinese Product .Even I also prefer products made fom other countries as people mostly associate Chinese products with Cheap ,low quality products or 3rd Graded and its true as well .

Well,It depends on QC and usually cheaper Chinese products has poor QC .Though many costly products from China not bad ,but still I don't prefer Chinese products .

back to the topic :

It's nice to have exercise's like these .Not bad .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom