What's new

India beefs up defence along China-India border

Keysrsoze I think that the sb52 mki looks a bit used I doubt it's the 40 new ones but I don't know

Btw using itouch to type this excuse my grammer

Well... I am not understanding that why India doing it all, is india forgotten the slap on face in 1964 or do they want to be dobble slapped in future.... :pakistan::china:

Well... I am not understanding that why India doing it all, is india forgotten the slap on face in 1964 or do they want to be dobble slapped in future.... :pakistan::china:

brilliant.....you have reached the top level,just in your second post......

Maybe this will help you to understand:
China has been even busier than India, upgrading its own infrastructure by building 22,000 km of roads in the Tibet region (including more than 6,000 km of roads in Nagari prefecture that adjoins Ladakh), as many as 15 airfields in Tibet, Yunan and Sichuan provinces, and a network of roads and railway lines connecting Lhasa, including a highway from Kunming (in Yunan province adjoining Arunachal), its feeder roads almost touching the LAC or the British-era McMahon Line.
So it's only a reaction to Chinas steps in that region.

Chinese state media runs documentaries calling the FC-1 a 2.5 generation fighter and J-10 a 3rd generation fighter. They basically admit China is at least a generation behind the USA in combat aircraft design. Recently they also reported that a J-10 crashed due to engine problems and China's first high performance turbofan engines have quality and reliability problems after leaving the production line.

What were you saying again? Idiot.

Remind us why China isn't buying so many Russian SAM systems these days?

Yeah, you Indian (and Russian) kids just keep showing how insecure and stupid you are.

Please never use this "idiot" again. This is more insulting than you think. Calling entire Indians and Russians Stupid is really bad.

And yeah , I can understand your level of knowledge by " China not interested in Russian SAM system" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

just search how much China spent on S-400 . May be I can understand who is stupid & idiot.

Please never use this "idiot" again. This is more insulting than you think. Calling entire Indians and Russians Stupid is really bad.

And yeah , I can understand your level of knowledge by " China not interested in Russian SAM system" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

just search how much China spent on S-400 . May be I can understand who is stupid & idiot.

ignore him too much knowledge can make anybody DHEELA :enjoy:

we haven't forgotten my dear friend .. never ever
and thats precisely why we are doing this :cheers:

Major do not behave like a minor,

Mind your verbiage.

If you are referring to the Indo - Chinese war, it was in '62 & not '64.

Hold your ponies buddy...
Recheck the threads on JF-17 and FC-20. There are many posts which claim that JF-17 is better than F-16 blk15s and at par with F-16 blk 50s!! You are also one among those forummers who make such outlandish claims.
Likewise FC-20s are claimed to be better than Rafales, F-18SH, MiG-35s and even Su-30MKIs!! WOW.
Very very tall claims!

Let me ask you one thing, regarding the recent crash of a IAF Su30MKI. When making 'routine' training sorties why do you need two pilots of the Wg Cmdr rank to fly? Ever wonder what was so important about that flight that such high ranks were flying that sortie? For a plane with such a safety record in India, why did it just fall out of the sky? They were testing something which is highly classified! FYI, the homing software for the Brahmos land version was tested on the Mig-21 Bison - yeah the flying coffins! Take you guess as to what they were testing on the MKI then! Can you do that with the FC-20, let alone the JF-17?

I wonder why you make claims which you can neither substantiate nor recollect making them.

And oh yes, please refrain from calling people names, just shows your level of frustration and upbringing. Counter with valid points rather than vile words, for I believe people here have a far better vocabulary than you can imagine.

Thanks

Sorry, but I think you're the one who needs to hold on.
JF-17 is better than the F-16 blk15 in certain areas, such as radar specifications, medium range air to air missiles, helmet mounted targeting, data-link. Mainly electronics. In other areas it is inferior, for example thrust to weight ratio and airframe strength. You can check the sources for this info.
NOWHERE have I said JF-17 is at par with the F-16 blk50, this is grossly inaccurate. The APG-68v9 radar is far superior to the Chinese radar in the JF, large gap in thrust to weight ratio, for example. However with some modifications to the airframe (which are planned) and upgrades to the electronics (also planned), the JF could potentially become comparable to the blk50 and even blk 60 in many areas.
Again, NOWHERE have I stated FC-20 will be better than Rafale, F-18SH. I am not among that group of forummers.

FC-20 and MiG-35/MKI, lets not go there because that is off-topic. Please open a new thread in the mil. aviation section. Sorry, but calling FC-20 comparable to these aircraft is NOT an outlandish claim, especially considering it may be fitted with Chinese TVC engines and a European AESA radar.

I don't know why you are talking about the MKI crash, I haven't said anything about it. I also don't know if what you say is true that it was testing the brahmos ALCM. What I do know is that according to reports, the Ra'ad ALCM (search it up) has already been tested on a PAF Mirage ROSE fighter and the Mirage did not crash as far as we know. According to some respected journalists with inside contacts, there is a new variant under development of the Ra'ad ALCM designed especially for the JF-17, apparently it will be slightly smaller for easy carriage under the JF's wing hardpoints. I can't confirm the latter, but if a Mirage III/V can carry a Ra'ad, what makes you think the JF and FC-20 cannot? Both are far more powerful than a Mirage III/V.

Show me the claims I have made and then later cannot recollect making them. Of course some claims cannot be substantiated, it is up to you whether you believe them or not. Doesn't bother me either way.

Apologies for calling people names, but in certain posts people have crossed a line. I try as best I can to counter with valid points, but as you know, some posters are not interested in valid points.

The fist link provided shows a video in mandarin - which shows no crash landing or anything at all. It looks more like a propaganda video where the Chinese seem to be claiming that the J-10 has been crash landing certified or something like that.

Now in the second link is of a blog/forum. Now when did blog's or forums start qualifying as media outlets. What ever they say is unreliable at best. Show me one Chinese news agency that reported on problems being faced by the J-10 program or likewise.

You said China would use propoganda and claim "their air force is the best in the world" if their air force was destroyed. I proved that they already do "propoganda" that their air force is at least a generation behind the USA and they can't yet even make decent turbofan jet engines.

I don't care about Chinese news blackouts RE Tienanmen, I don't care whether you want to believe those sources or not. Facts are facts and you don't seem to be interested in them.

No bad taste in my mouth, on the contrary it looks like you're the one who is bitter and suffering from some kind of inferiority complex after making such statements about China. Keep calling me kid, it is amusing. Again, like I said, just another internet idiot.

BTW I found a piece of Indian war propoganda you might like to know about. See this thread:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-history/27250-paf-mirages-war.html
Apparently the InAF claimed they downed 6 of the PAF's Mirage III fighters. The PAF later lined up 21 of its 22 Mirage III (the missing one was in maintenance) and a photo was taken, later published in a Western magazine. If you think China are the only ones who would do such propoganda in times of war, you are very wrong. Everybody does it.

I never called entire Indians and Russians stupid at all, I have utmost respect for Indians due to my religion and other personal things I will not talk about.

Just search on how much of the HQ series China manufactures, and we will understand who is stupid and who is an idiot. Do you understand how much effort goes into designing and building these things? How do you think a Chinese fellow would feel after that Russian kid (yes, kid) belittles their efforts by showing a picture of an old anti-aircraft gun?

If some Russian and Indian posters can belittle the Chinese in such a way, I cannot call them stupid idiots for doing so? Is that right?

ignore him too much knowledge can make anybody DHEELA
Thank you for your input, I look forward to reading more of your useful contributions.

Last edited:

Since you can't understand what other knowledgable people have to say why dont you get back into the little ****hole you crawled out of and let others discuss...and oh, 1964 :what: remind me i need to tell your mommy to give u a good spanking as you are spending too much time online rather than in your history books

MiG-21 crashes in Upper Assam, pilot bails out - India - The Times of India

MiG-21 crashes in Upper Assam

NEW DELHI: A MiG-21 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force on Thursday crashed near Chabua in Upper Assam, badly hitting the IAF, which is
already reeling under a series of air crashes and a depleting fighter squadron strength.

The pilot, identified as Flying Officer Hemanth Dave, however, managed to bail out from the cockpit in time to safety, IAF sources said here.

This is the sixth IAF plane crash this year and the second MiG-21 mishap within a month.

The type-77 aircraft got airborne from Chabua airbase around 1400 hrs, but went down immediately and crashed just outside the airbase into paddy fields after it experienced a technical snag.

"No damage to any civilian property or loss of lives was reported in the incident," sources said.

The MiG-21 pilot was on a training sortie when the mishap occurred.

"The pilot reported the technical error to the airbase and later jettisoned the aircraft," sources added.

The IAF had lost a Kiran MK-II trainer aircraft of its Surya Kiran aerobatics team on Januray 21, a Sukhoi on April 30, a MiG-27 on May 15, a MiG-21 Byson on May 27, and an AN-32 on June 9.

^^ I can't wait for these planes to be replaced. Thank god the piolt is ok.

Since you can't understand what other knowledgable people have to say why dont you get back into the little ****hole you crawled out of and let others discuss...and oh, 1964 :what: remind me i need to tell your mommy to give u a good spanking as you are spending too much time online rather than in your history books

Just ignore the troller. No need to get to the low level as he is. These trollers will try to get you to into the personal attacks and will try to get you banned. Be wise and ignore them. Remember you need two hands to clap!!!:cheers:

hey guys

see the red thing below the intake of SB 122 .....

d285b11a3baeb7469b778b3ade5accab.jpg

its supposed to be IAI ELM-2060 Recce Pod...this might not be new to some experienced professionals but it is certainly new to me...here is the full description

so IAF is planning a fast survey of the Chinese buildup along the border with the pod so counter moves can be initiated

I think that it was already in the news months back. That the Su-30's are going to start taking up the recon duties.

With MiG 25’s gone, Sukhois to become eye in the sky

Manu Pubby
Posted: Oct 01, 2007 at 0000 hrs IST

Bareilly, September 30 The Indian Air Force (IAF) would soon be getting new snooping capabilities along the eastern border with a squadron of Su-30 MKI fighters being prepared for special reconnaissance missions.

A year after the mighty MiG-25 spy planes were phased out of service at the Bareilly airbase, the latest fighters in IAF’s inventory are being fitted with Israeli reconnaissance systems that will help them look more than 300 km inside Chinese territory without crossing the border.

A team of experts from Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) will shortly visit the airbase to integrate the Elta Reconnaissance System on the fighters and help set up a ground receiving station to collect live images being taken by the aircraft, a senior IAF officer confirmed.

“With the MiG-25’s gone, there was a gap in surveillance capabilities. The (Bareilly-based) 24 Squadron has now been tasked with reconnaissance duties and will shortly be fitted with recon pods,” the officer said, adding that reconnaissance will be just one of the many roles tasked to the squadron.

The new systems being fitted on the aircraft will enable them to map out the enemy territory at a rate of 50,000 sq km per hour and send back live images to the airbase for interpretation.

A state-of-the-art receiving station to process the images will also be set up at Bareilly, which is being developed as a hub for the Su-30 MKI fighters on the eastern front. While the airbase already houses a squadron of the latest Phase III version of the fighters, another squadron is currently being raised for deployment along the eastern border.

“Bareilly is strategically located and we are converting it into a hub for Su-30 MKI fighters. Another squadron, No 8 The Pursuits, is being re-equipped with the fighters and will also be based here,” Group Captain PV Gadgil, Chief Operations Officer of the airbase, told The Indian Express.

Other than the data receiving stations, a world class avionics lab has been established at the airbase for second line repair and inspection of equipment on board the aircraft. “The largest fighter aircraft hangar in the country is coming up at the base where eight Sukhois can be serviced at the same time. A service support centre to maintain the aircraft is also being constructed,” said Group Captain Rajiv Gandhotra, Chief Engineering Officer (CEO) of the base.

The IAF is looking at deploying the aircraft at the Tezpur airbase next year once sufficient numbers of the fighters arrive from Russia.
With MiG 25’s gone, Sukhois to become eye in the sky - Express India

Deja vu?

Just search on how much of the HQ series China manufactures, and we will understand who is stupid and who is an idiot. Do you understand how much effort goes into designing and building these things? How do you think a Chinese fellow would feel after that Russian kid (yes, kid) belittles their efforts by showing a picture of an old anti-aircraft gun?

If some Russian and Indian posters can belittle the Chinese in such a way, I cannot call them stupid idiots for doing so? Is that right?

What happened to you ? I never commented anything about HQ series, I told you to search how much Chinese invested on S 400 missile systems, If you do not know I can teach you how to use google, Or else go to wikipedia search for S 400 ,you get all information you needed.

...a picture of an old anti-aircraft gun: Agreed its bad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom