What's new

IDF shoots down drone that penetrated Israeli airspace

Nasrallah confirms Hezbollah drone shot down by Israel
October 11, 2012 09:01 PM
The Daily Star

BEIRUT: Hezbollah Secretary-General Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah confirmed Thursday that the Lebanese resistance group was behind a drone that Israel shot down over the weekend and warned that the operation would not be the party’s last.

Nasrallah, in a televised speech on Hezbollah’s Al-Manar, said the drone, named “Ayyoub,” was Iranian made and had flown over sensitive locations, including the suspect Israeli nuclear site of Demona site in the Negev desert.

Describing the drone flight over Israel as the party’s “natural right,” Nasrallah said Hezbollah would send other UAVs at the time of its choosing.

“This is our natural right and we will send them whenever we want and this will not be last time,” he said, noting that the Jewish state had violated Lebanese airspace 20,864 times since the implementation of United National Security Council Resolution 1701.

Nasrallah confirms Hezbollah drone shot down by Israel | News , Politics | THE DAILY STAR

Every country has right to protect its airspace and not allow any breach of its sovereignty.
No one was killed at least.

Anyways, Good job !

I think they did a great job.
They provided IDF a free training.

And it's their 'natural right' 500,right?
Or is it only a natural right for Israel to fly a drone over Lebanon or for U.S to fly a drone over Iran?
Unless Hezbollah disarms as requested by UN resolution, Israels natural right is to fly over Lebanon.

At least we understood Israel's air defense needs a major overhaul.
You should not take seriously Nasrallah's bragging. Drone was shot down 30 kms from Dimona.

They provided IDF a free training.

Unless Hezbollah disarms as requested by UN resolution, Israels natural right is to fly over Lebanon.

You should not take seriously Nasrallah's bragging. Drone was shot down 30 kms from Dimona.

Yeah,considering the fancy billion dollar air defense that Israel sucked out of U.S tax payers,this drone actually did a great job.
As long as it's Israel's right for aggression on its neighbors,you should expect more of such things to happen.Now cry me a river.

Yeah,considering the fancy billion dollar air defense that Israel sucked out of U.S tax payers,this drone actually did a great job.
As long as it's Israel's right for aggression on its neighbors,you should expect more of such things to happen.Now cry me a river.
It's you who is crying about sucked dollars and aggression. :)

If Hezbollah wants to provide us with more Iranian toys for our air force training they are welcome.

It's you who is crying about sucked dollars and aggression. :)

If Hezbollah wants to provide us with more Iranian toys for our air force training they are welcome.

I bet scrambling the Jet for shooting down a 'toy' costed Israel more than price of that toy.Indeed,they will provide you more,have some patience.

I bet scrambling the Jet for shooting down a 'toy' costed Israel more than price of that toy.Indeed,they will provide you more,have some patience.
Jets need to fly anyway for pilot training. U saved us a target drone cost.

I think they did a great job.
And it's their 'natural right' 500,right?
Or is it only a natural right for Israel to fly a drone over Lebanon or for U.S to fly a drone over Iran?

At least we understood Israel's air defense needs a major overhaul.

Hey how dare you said that? Israel has a right to defend and right to exist, all the others can go to hell!

If it was Hizbullah, its a great job!!

F7f5.gif

kD4U.gif

The distance btw Beersheba and the Dimona is less than 28 kms , and about 72 kms from Gaze strip. As Israeli sources have claimed so far the drone was shot down by them around 30 kms from Dimona and it pretty means it traveled within Israel more than 44 kms , the question is where was the IAF ? it means drown flew almost about half of Israel territory and no one halted it .. why ? then why with jet fighters ? don't u have anti air missiles to do so? the Iron Dom ?

In what universe you can call Hezbollah attempt to find targets in Israel is a success?

Guys, try to think about the facts and not involve emotions
Hezbollah tried to send a UAV in order to take photoes of two strategically important facilities in that area
the Nevatim air base and the Dimona nuclear facility. the UAV was downed before Hezbollah achived its goals.
meanwhile Israel probably decyphered the drones communication and learned almost instantly that it was Hezbollah who sent the drone (my estimattion, because just after the incident Israel blamed Hezbollah for it, and was right of course).

So, Hezbollah drone falied in its mission, its handlers were immidiatly spotted, Nasrallah was so surprised it took him 4 days just to confirm this was actually his drone and most importantly if israel had no idea Nasrallah has this capability (to send drones) well I think right now everyone knows.
just my 50cent

Back
Top Bottom