What's new

ICC Men's Cricket World Cup

India are playing 4 number 11s and their middle order is unreliable. Leaving Ashwin out was really stupid.

One thing for sure.. England cannot go on to win the tournament this year....

Or, can they? By some miracle of a turnaround... :undecided:

View attachment 966325
I think Ashwin had to play - I don’t get why they are reluctant in playing him. Without Pandya the tail looks long. Even a loss won’t be an issue for I India - hard work has been done and they are in the semi already looking at who they got left to play

That is what are saying the decision was accepted but at the end of the it was an umpire error. Mind you this same umpire was not calling wides on south African bowler. I am not going as far as to call him biased towards pakistan I don’t think l that’s the case just a case of poor umpiring. But not as bad you guys hate steve Bucknor I am sure you got the reference.
I recall one wide given to a Pakistani bowler that was suspect. The other wide was understandable.

I think Ashwin had to play - I don’t get why they are reluctant in playing him. Without Pandya the tail looks long. Even a loss won’t be an issue for I India - hard work has been done and they are in the semi already looking at who they got left to play
Well, technically they are not in the semis yet, but hopefully they can beat at least the Netherlands.

Ashwin was initially pushed out of the ODI squad because India, under Dhoni, thought leg spinners were more likely to take wickets and Kuldeep and Chahal were successful as mystery spinners for a while. But then they became predictable and Jadeja and Axar became the preferred spinners. Ashwin was seen as too old and not as good a fielder and did not offer the left handed batting that Jadeja and Axar did. Kuldeep is being prefered for providing the leg spin variation.

England are now 3 down for 30 - should have been 4 with Kholi dropping Bairstow

I always felt Shami and Bumrah should be the first choice pacers for ODIs. Siraj is good but he tends to get carried away and lacks the discipline of the former two. India should have played Ashwin over either Siraj or Kuldeep.
But Siraj gives you that raw pace and aggression - just depends on the wicket I guess. Is panda going to be fit next few games?

Back
Top Bottom