What's new

ICC Champions Trophy 2017 : News, Update and Discussion

Not to forget 2004 champs trophy and given it's fregile weather it's stupid move to keep allowing the same host to host
yea rain spoil all the fun. I don't know why most matches in Birmingham and Cardiff. I personally wanted some matches in Rose bowl stadium in Hampshire which is close to my location and weather is sunny these days

They are probably thinking that England will catch more crowd than Sri lanka, New zealand south africa etc
but I don't know the criteria of ICC for selecting host for ICC Tournament

On this pitch and this ground it is a chaseable target but Pakistani batting can prove to be a castle made of sand. Then again, you never know with Pakistan. :)
Hoping for the best!!
:tup:

Inzmam and co sucks after playing cricket for 20 years he still picks idiot bowlers like wahab inzimam should have picked sohail Khan wahab is worst bowler in international cricket

And as i was saying . . . .
True!
However as far as i can see our batting is almost as good as our bowling this time around (you usually do not agree with this). By this i mean that while our batting have gone up a notch, the bowling have come down three four to meet it :P

Anyway, its a game and you can never be sure, NEVER EVER ABOUT PAKISTAN at least. :)
I hope we go out there and give it all.
Not an unexpected result. Our batting is same as ever and bowling have come down considerably. Need three new players atleast at differnt slots that have been discussed a number of time. Make it 4 infact!!

Anyway, congratulations to all Indian members here. :tup:

I find it strange that England faced many terrorist attacks recently but ICC was not bother about safety and security of players . If these same incidents would have happen in any asian coutry then this champion trophy would have been canceled or moved to elsewhere ..double standards

I find it strange that England faced many terrorist attacks recently but ICC was not bother about safety and security of players . If these same incidents would have happen in any asian coutry then this champion trophy would have been canceled or moved to elsewhere ..double standards

I was thinking the same, teams like England, Australia and NZ would have left the tournament midway citing security reasons.

2764.png
Congrats men in blue
2764.png

teamindia.jpg

I was thinking the same, teams like England, Australia and NZ would have left the tournament midway citing security reasons.
The problem is absolute lack of unity, even back stabbing between the Asian nations. If we can get united, like TRULY UNITED England Australia wont be able to do a thing. We are not four, in fact five (including Afghanistan) that share border with each other and form 5 cricket playing nations in a pool of 12-13 max? Shame if we cannot still get things done our way just because we are always ready to pull each others leg!!

After the terrible display against India, I can only say that what has happened has happened. We have to admit that there is a pretty huge gap between the quality of ODI players we have and the other top teams possess. Our ODI team has lacked in every department. There is no aggression, plan or intent. The problem is only worsened when your bowlers aren't able to restrict the opposition. Something we were good at in the past.

My observation is that we have a pretty mediocre bowling line up at the moment. I'm not impressed with some of the new names. Especially Imad looked flat and mediocre. Wahab seems to have had his best days, but he is a veteran. Apart from Amir there isn't much in the bowling line up.

Batting also looks clueless. Everyone gets stuck at the crease. No singles and doubles are taken. The entire focus is on defensive shots and survival. There is an inability to rotate strike. Every single ball counts in modern one day cricket. When you don't get the scoreboard ticking you dig a hole for your team. As long as our batting line up doesn't understand the concept of running between wickets runs won't come.

I hope the boys really pick themselves up and give their 100% in the next encounter against South Africa which is going to be another huge onslaught. Better get back to the drawing board and forget about what happened against India. This is where the real character of players is tested.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom