What's new

ICC Champions Trophy 2017 : News, Update and Discussion

I dont understand why Dhoni, Yuvraj and Rohit Sharma are playing.

Next I'll see Gambhir playing as well.

Didn't these guys retire some time ago?

I fear the worst for Pakistan...Making 250's will be a joke.
True!
However as far as i can see our batting is almost as good as our bowling this time around (you usually do not agree with this). By this i mean that while our batting have gone up a notch, the bowling have come down three four to meet it :P

Anyway, its a game and you can never be sure, NEVER EVER ABOUT PAKISTAN at least. :)
I hope we go out there and give it all.

Last edited:
True!
However as far as i can see our batting is almost as good as our bowling this time around (you usually do not agree with this). By this i mean that while our batting have gone up a notch, the bowling have come down three four to meet it :P

Anyway, its a game and you can never be sure, NEVER EVER ABOUT PAKISTAN at least. :)
I hope we go out there and give it all.
I would have been optimistic if we had someone like Sharjeel.

Rain is spoiling all the fun for now. :(

New Zealand were 67 for 1 when rain stopped play. Earlier NZ won the toss and elected to bat first.

I would have been optimistic if we had someone like Sharjeel.
I am not optimistic either but as i said, its a game and YOU NEVER KNOW. Specially in case of Pakistan, they can be real idiots when it comes to being unpredictable :lol:

EDIT: 4:36 PM (Pakistan Time) Delay continued at Edgbaston, the rain stopped for a moment and the covers were coming off but it have started again. We will start losing over now. Frustrating!! :(

Rain is spoiling all the fun for now. :(

New Zealand were 67 for 1 when rain stopped play. Earlier NZ won the toss and elected to bat first.

I am not optimistic either but as i said, its a game and YOU NEVER KNOW. Specially in case of Pakistan, they can be real idiots when it comes to being unpredictable :lol:

EDIT: 4:36 PM (Pakistan Time) Delay continued at Edgbaston, the rain stopped for a moment and the covers were coming off but it have started again. We will start losing over now. Frustrating!! :(

Match reduced to 46 overs per side. Will start at 13:10 local time.

Champions Trophy: Fans decorate double-decker bus to support Team Pakistan

144352_7537175_updates.jpg

BIRMINGHAM: While the Pakistan cricket team is getting ready for the encounter against the arch rivals India on Sunday at Edgbaston, the fan club here in UK is also geared up for the big match.

Pakistani fans, based in UK, have once against prepared a double-decker bus to celebrate Pakistan’s campaign in ICC Champions Trophy 2017 in the UK.

The green bus, decorated with small and medium size Pakistan flags is being prepared in a local workshop of Birmingham, will take a round of Birmingham on Sunday ahead of Pakistan vs India game to pick the fans and go to stadium together.

Amjad and Ajaz, two avid fans of Pakistan cricket, are working daily to decorate this bus, they’re hoping that boys in green will not let them down on Sunday.

144352_6584546_updates.jpg

Amjad Hussain, who is traditionally known as Mr Pakistan among the cricketing fans, gets attention wearing white sherwani and hat stitched with Pakistan flags.

Hussain says that they try to get time out of their professional duties to decorate this bus for their passion of Pakistan Cricket.

“We have this tradition of preparing bus to support Pakistan cricket team during their tours to UK, and we are keeping this tradition this time as well,” said Amjad Hussain.

“Indian fans are also trying to copy us, but our cheer for Pakistan team will be much louder,” he said.

144352_4636179_updates.jpg

Another fan, Ajaz Beg, who is known as Sheikh of Pakistan says that he is praying for Pakistan’s success in not only India’s game but also in the whole tournament.

“In this holy month of Ramadan, I hope and pray that Pakistan team achieve success and I request every fan of Pakistan team to pray for team’s success,” said an emotional Ajaz while talking to this correspondent in his traditional attire.

144352_1214777_updates.jpg

“We will take this to all over Birmingham ahead of the game and will boost our team’s morale during the match,” he said.

The green bus by Pakistani feature will also feature during Pakistan’s match against South Africa at the same venue.

Sunday’s Pakistan vs India match is expected to be houseful as all the tickets of the match are completely sold out.

Champions Trophy: Fans decorate double-decker bus to support Team Pakistan

144352_7537175_updates.jpg

BIRMINGHAM: While the Pakistan cricket team is getting ready for the encounter against the arch rivals India on Sunday at Edgbaston, the fan club here in UK is also geared up for the big match.

Pakistani fans, based in UK, have once against prepared a double-decker bus to celebrate Pakistan’s campaign in ICC Champions Trophy 2017 in the UK.

The green bus, decorated with small and medium size Pakistan flags is being prepared in a local workshop of Birmingham, will take a round of Birmingham on Sunday ahead of Pakistan vs India game to pick the fans and go to stadium together.

Amjad and Ajaz, two avid fans of Pakistan cricket, are working daily to decorate this bus, they’re hoping that boys in green will not let them down on Sunday.

144352_6584546_updates.jpg

Amjad Hussain, who is traditionally known as Mr Pakistan among the cricketing fans, gets attention wearing white sherwani and hat stitched with Pakistan flags.

Hussain says that they try to get time out of their professional duties to decorate this bus for their passion of Pakistan Cricket.

“We have this tradition of preparing bus to support Pakistan cricket team during their tours to UK, and we are keeping this tradition this time as well,” said Amjad Hussain.

“Indian fans are also trying to copy us, but our cheer for Pakistan team will be much louder,” he said.

144352_4636179_updates.jpg

Another fan, Ajaz Beg, who is known as Sheikh of Pakistan says that he is praying for Pakistan’s success in not only India’s game but also in the whole tournament.

“In this holy month of Ramadan, I hope and pray that Pakistan team achieve success and I request every fan of Pakistan team to pray for team’s success,” said an emotional Ajaz while talking to this correspondent in his traditional attire.

144352_1214777_updates.jpg

“We will take this to all over Birmingham ahead of the game and will boost our team’s morale during the match,” he said.

The green bus by Pakistani feature will also feature during Pakistan’s match against South Africa at the same venue.

Sunday’s Pakistan vs India match is expected to be houseful as all the tickets of the match are completely sold out.

Hope we are going to have a 50 over match.

yea interruption of rain is annoying in cricket match

Today new Zealand had chance to win the game but rain saved AUS and they boht got one point each

That is the reason why I don't like srilanka and England hosting cricket tournament.

Why ICC keep giving UK to host champions trophy when newzealnd Australia West Indies Pakistan never hosted yet they should give every member a chance to host

Why ICC keep giving UK to host champions trophy when newzealnd Australia West Indies Pakistan never hosted yet they should give every member a chance to host
yes I don't see the logic of Enland hosting ICC champion in 2017 when they already hosted previous ICC champion trophy tournament in 2013

yes I don't see the logic of Enland hosting ICC champion in 2017 when they already hosted previous ICC champion trophy tournament in 2013
Not to forget 2004 champs trophy and given it's fregile weather it's stupid move to keep allowing the same host to host

Back
Top Bottom