What's new

IAF scrambled jets 2-3 times in past weeks amid Chinese aggression: Report

TB2 UCAVs are expendable. The numerous TOR and BUK SAM systems they destroyed in the war weren't expendable though. I have the seen the footage of the TB2 at work in this current war. It took out SAMs, vehicles, personnel and naval crafts. Good luck.

Eurasiantimes.com...
Enough said

IAF scrambled jets 2-3 times in past weeks amid Chinese aggression: Report​

India News
Published on Dec 13, 2022 12:45 PM IST

The Chinese military has been behaving aggressively over issues in the Yangtse in the vicinity of the Holydip and Parikrama area on the LAC where the Chinese side has been opposing Indian positions.​

The Indian Air Force has a strong presence in the northeast with squadrons of Su-30 fighter jets deployed at multiple locations including Tezpur and Chhabua in Assam.(AFP / Representative image)

The Indian Air Force has a strong presence in the northeast with squadrons of Su-30 fighter jets deployed at multiple locations including Tezpur and Chhabua in Assam.(AFP / Representative image)

Before the recent clash between India and China in the Yangtse area near Tawang, Chinese drones had moved very aggressively towards the Indian positions on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Arunachal Pradesh forcing the Indian Air Force to scramble its fighter aircrafts deployed in the region. (Also Read | 'PLA troops sent back, matter was raised with China': Rajnath on LAC face-off)

The Chinese military has been behaving aggressively over issues in the Yangtse in the vicinity of the Holydip and Parikrama area on the LAC where the Chinese side has been opposing Indian positions.

"In the last few weeks, there have been two to three occasions where our fighter jets had to be scrambled to tackle the Chinese drones moving towards our positions on the LAC. The Su-30MKI jets had to be scrambled to tackle the air violation threat," defence sources told ANI.

The Indian Air Force keeps a close watch on Chinese drone activities along the LAC in the northeast. The actions have to be taken as the drones or any aircraft can not be allowed to violate the airspace, they said.

The sources said if the drones fly parallel to the LAC, the Indian side does not have any issues with it but if the aircrafts or drones are picked up by radars flying towards Indian territory, necessary actions have to be taken to prevent any violation, they said. (Also Read | Amit Shah attacks Congress after chaos in Parliament, highlights Nehru link)

The Indian Air Force has a strong presence in the northeast with squadrons of Su-30 fighter jets deployed at multiple locations including Tezpur and Chhabua in Assam.

The Rafale combat jets have also been deployed very close at Hashimara in West Bengal.

The Indian Air Force has also strengthened its air defence coverage in the area with the operationalisation of the S-400 air defence system in the Assam sector only. The system can take care of any aerial threat over almost the entire area.

The Chinese and Indian side recently agreed on multiple measures to prevent any aerial escalation after the violation of air space by Chinese in Ladakh sector earlier this year.

After the provocations by the Chinese in the area, the Indian side strongly took up the issue at military talks and it was decided that the fighter aircraft of both sides would remain much behind their perceived Line of Actual Control in the area.
Get Latest India Newsalong with Latest Newsand Top Headlinesfrom India and around the world.

IAF can't go beyond scrambling.

Personally, I believe S-400 is one of the best air defenses in the world. I have no doubt,
However, I will say something about this YT video.
1- ''Reportedly'' a SU27 was shot by Russian S-400.
2- The robotic guy just keep repeating '' reportedly''. I believe up to 12 times in this video.
3- SU27 has RCS equavalent of a passenger jet. Probably the highest of any jet in the world.
4- SU27 is a Soviet/Russian-made jet............. Russia fully knows its pros and cons and how to tackle it.

I am not degrading S-400 but its real test will come against Chinese and Pakistani assets in the future. Pakistan does not have any of Russian tech except engines of JF-17 and Chinese although do have a lot of Russian tech in their flankers but they have modified them a lot, both externally by use of composites and RAM and internally by installing their own EW suits.
Also, I do not think China will risk anything which India already has even a little knowledge about. In case of conflict, Chinses will use their 5th Generation stealth platforms and other Airborne assets.
The J-20 has no support infrastructure in Tibet or Xinjiang, and will have to operate out of Chengdu, which is 4000 kms away from Ladakh, and will need multiple refuelling. That will make it vulnerable to India’s NETRA AEWCS. So the J-20, with its suspect stealth capabilities is a sitting duck for a Su-30MKI, that has been upgraded specifically for this theatre. J-20 with its exposed side and rear RCS is not quite an F-22, or F-35. General consensus in the aviation community is that it is not a 5-G aircraft at all. It is not even as advanced as the Rafale, which describes its capapbilities rather conservatively.
Just look at the number of airbases that India can throw up. The following air bases have the entire Ladakh and adjoining Tibet theatre in range – Leh (high altitude), Srinagar, Awantipora (Medium altitude), Jammu, Pathankot, Adampur (Jullundur), Amritsar, Halwara (Ludhiana), Bhatinda, Suratgarh, Ambala, Chandigarh, Sarsawa (Saharanpur), Hindon (Delhi), and Bareilly. That’s 15 full fledged air bases with the whole of Ladakh in range, and 3 – Agra, Gwalior and Bakshi Ka Talab (Lucknow) just outside. The PLAAF infrastructure does not stand a chance against the Indian infra and the capability of its aircrafts.

Last edited:
These 3rd world nation(s) are Only good on paper
OR
Silly things ... Scrambling aircraft on runaway
OR
Flying close to border
OR
Large formation flying

But actual 1 on 1 combat they're total Zeroooo's.

The J-20 has no support infrastructure in Tibet or Xinjiang, and will have to operate out of Chengdu, which is 4000 kms away from Ladakh, and will need multiple refuelling. That will make it vulnerable to India’s NETRA AEWCS. So the J-20, with its suspect stealth capabilities is a sitting duck for a Su-30MKI, that has been upgraded specifically for this theatre. J-20 with its exposed side and rear RCS is not quite an F-22, or F-35. General consensus in the aviation community is that it is not a 5-G aircraft at all. It is not even as advanced as the Rafale, which describes its capapbilities rather conservatively.
Just look at the number of airbases that India can throw up. The following air bases have the entire Ladakh and adjoining Tibet theatre in range – Leh (high altitude), Srinagar, Awantipora (Medium altitude), Jammu, Pathankot, Adampur (Jullundur), Amritsar, Halwara (Ludhiana), Bhatinda, Suratgarh, Ambala, Chandigarh, Sarsawa (Saharanpur), Hindon (Delhi), and Bareilly. That’s 15 full fledged air bases with the whole of Ladakh in range, and 3 – Agra, Gwalior and Bakshi Ka Talab (Lucknow) just outside. The PLAAF infrastructure does not stand a chance against the Indian infra and the capability of its aircrafts.

Dear, you may be right about Indian bases on that side of the border (as you have better knowledge about that basis) but saying something about J-20, on personal beliefs, without knowing anything about it will be too much. Do not buy too much Western propaganda or do not close your eyes like a pigeon does when he sees a cat. US and Western countries keep repeating that China is a copy-paste nation. I will not indulge in the past but in recent 2 decades, they have achieved great progress in the Military and related equipment field which other nations can only dream of.
Scientists say it is easier to make an atomic bomb and go to Moon than to make a viable/relaible jet engine. Look where is China standing now. And about J-20 very limited information is available. It is a well-kept secret and no one knows exactly. It is a 4th Gen or 5th Gen, only time will tell. Meanwhile Chinese have a virtually unlimited budget both for military and scientific purposes and their pace of progress is very fast.
1- You are talking about EW suits for Mi29 ... Let me know when it is done already. before that, I can also say that Pakistan is going to equip its F-16 with Atomic Energy engines. These things take a lot of time and meanwhile, Mig29 are equipped with such suits things will be on another level. BEL is an Indian company so there are some chances that it will be done soon but that remains to be seen.
2- Same goes for SU30 mki ... before telling me about new IRST systems for SU30s please tell what happened to ''Super Sukhoi'' programe. Right from the begging when was talked that SU30 mki will have the engine (AL-41) upgrades experts were skeptical. Even if it was going to happen it should have been a huge nightmare for both HAL and the Indian Government. Even Russia lagged much behind to do so for their own flankers. With the current Russian situation that program is certainly dead now, at least for the next decade. Again wold will be on another level till then.
These sorts of upgrades are not easy... Red tape involved, too many hurdles, taking too much money, and needing too much time for testing before going to the active field. Your indigenous Tejas program is an example.
Did you observe Chinese? Their technology is much more mature and their rate of production and induction of Jets is over 100 per year. Yes, over 100 jets/Year. They are expanding their arsenal at an unbelievable rate. It will be too soon to say PLAAF does not stand a chance. Also, they have the very same S-400 on their side that India has. Their flankers including SU30 are much more advanced and their piles of conventional arms are much bigger than India. Confidence is a good thing, but overconfidence leads to destruction.
In my personal opinion India made the best bet by purchasing Rafales, rather than upgrading Mig29 or Su30s.

Dear, you may be right about Indian bases on that side of the border (as you have better knowledge about that basis) but saying something about J-20, on personal beliefs, without knowing anything about it will be too much. Do not buy too much Western propaganda or do not close your eyes like a pigeon does when he sees a cat. US and Western countries keep repeating that China is a copy-paste nation. I will not indulge in the past but in recent 2 decades, they have achieved great progress in the Military and related equipment field which other nations can only dream of.
Scientists say it is easier to make an atomic bomb and go to Moon than to make a viable/relaible jet engine. Look where is China standing now. And about J-20 very limited information is available. It is a well-kept secret and no one knows exactly. It is a 4th Gen or 5th Gen, only time will tell. Meanwhile Chinese have a virtually unlimited budget both for military and scientific purposes and their pace of progress is very fast.
1- You are talking about EW suits for Mi29 ... Let me know when it is done already. before that, I can also say that Pakistan is going to equip its F-16 with Atomic Energy engines. These things take a lot of time and meanwhile, Mig29 are equipped with such suits things will be on another level. BEL is an Indian company so there are some chances that it will be done soon but that remains to be seen.
2- Same goes for SU30 mki ... before telling me about new IRST systems for SU30s please tell what happened to ''Super Sukhoi'' programe. Right from the begging when was talked that SU30 mki will have the engine (AL-41) upgrades experts were skeptical. Even if it was going to happen it should have been a huge nightmare for both HAL and the Indian Government. Even Russia lagged much behind to do so for their own flankers. With the current Russian situation that program is certainly dead now, at least for the next decade. Again wold will be on another level till then.
These sorts of upgrades are not easy... Red tape involved, too many hurdles, taking too much money, and needing too much time for testing before going to the active field. Your indigenous Tejas program is an example.
Did you observe Chinese? Their technology is much more mature and their rate of production and induction of Jets is over 100 per year. Yes, over 100 jets/Year. They are expanding their arsenal at an unbelievable rate. It will be too soon to say PLAAF does not stand a chance. Also, they have the very same S-400 on their side that India has. Their flankers including SU30 are much more advanced and their piles of conventional arms are much bigger than India. Confidence is a good thing, but overconfidence leads to destruction.
In my personal opinion India made the best bet by purchasing Rafales, rather than upgrading Mig29 or Su30s.
War is not like a fair game as in sports or like chess where equal forces are involved.

There are so many factors that play their part.

For example you may have too many aircrafts but if runway is damaged (by the rival airforce) the fighters are basically useless. i.e., can’t take off. Secondly most aircrafts can’t fly beyond 3 hours means they need to land somewhere. Guarding them is also equally tough job, like some kabaddi sports.

Then anti aircraft Guns, air defence system also come into play. A small error may turn the tables.

It depends on tactics, pilot skills and good Planning; a Gambling.

So if you throw 10 stones one may hit.

So you may say NUMBER of Fighters is one of the Biggest Factor that matters.

You got to take above all constraints and come to a Conclusion.

Now you can make your conclusion

Last edited:
Just listen to your fellow pak. U can wag all you want but CCP won't give you more.
No need to bark at us, remember it's PLA sitting on your face, no wonder you creatures can't see or realise where you are, alas a Pakistani forum giving you privilege to interact with civilisation.
BTW, just a few days earlier, due to an incident on Pak-Afghan Border, every Prem, Preety, Patil were wagging their tails for none other than the Afghans.
So practice what you preach.

War is not like a fair game as in sports or like chess where equal forces are involved.

There are so many factors that play their Part.

For example you may have too many aircrafts but if runway is damaged (by the Rival airforce) the fighters are useless. i.e.,can’t take off. Secondly most Aircrafts can’t fly beyond 3 hours means they got to land somewhere. Guarding them is also equally tough job,like some Kabadi sports.

Then Anti aircraft Guns, missiles also come into play. A small error may turn the tables.

It depends on tactics, pilot skills and good Planning; a Gambling.

So if you throw 10 stones one may hit.

So you may say NUMBER of Fighters is one of the Biggest Factor that matters.

You got to take above all constraints and come to a Conclusion.

Now you can make your conclusion
I agree with you in most of the points above but I will repeat it will be a grave mistake to underestimate China.
No one really knows exactly how many Chinses bases are there near Indian border, even in this era of modern satellite imagery.
I remember the case of Chinese building a whole village with communication infrastructure on disputed territory with India and it was come to revelation only after it was completed.
Same goes to Chinese atomic missile fire sites which NATO was not aware until much later.
By saying Chinese adding 100+ jets each year to their inventory I meant their capacity and capability.... They certainly know where these jets will be used and for how much time they can fly.
China is adding 100 jets a year... Tell me how many squadron strength Indian is "losing" each year?

I remember the case of Chinese building a whole village with communication infrastructure on disputed territory with India and it was come to revelation only after it was completed.
That disputed territory was in possession with China since 1959

No one really knows exactly how many Chinses bases are there near Indian border, even in this era of modern satellite imagery.
The case is, at such altitudes, you need a minimum speed to maintain enough lift to not stall. Maneuvers and other things require even higher relative speed to the wing.

So, the higher the altitude, thinner the air, greater the stall speed. Now, the problem does not end here. Due to the high variability of temperature throughout the day (freezing cold at night and ~20 deg. in day), combined with humidity conditions, the density of air keeps on changing dynamically, which cause erratic lift patterns, especially for aircraft with a low aerofoil (fighter jets).

To water down what I wrote above, a fighter jet will be able to take off with a long runaway run in morning and evening timeframes, at noon, it might overshoot the runaway with the same payload.

Ah, did I mention higher take-off and landing speeds (required for high-altitude runaways) cause more wear-and-tear of landing gear and frequent tire bursts ?

Same goes to Chinese atomic missile fire sites which NATO was not aware until much later.

Tell me how many squadron strength Indian is "losing" each year?

Last edited:
Note to CCP: seeing in this thread how much pak posters are wagging their tails for you, throw them a couple more biscuits next time.

You think mother india is in it on her own ?
not without uncle sam giving her "moral and material" support ...

Mother india is only a tool, as is any other country that is not western europe.

No need to bark at us, remember it's PLA sitting on your face, no wonder you creatures can't see or realise where you are, alas a Pakistani forum giving you privilege to interact with civilisation.
BTW, just a few days earlier, due to an incident on Pak-Afghan Border, every Prem, Preety, Patil were wagging their tails for none other than the Afghans.
So practice what you preach.
You were just disappeared since Pak fauj is raping Pakistan with regime change and corruption. Suddenly you appeared as India and China has a little skirmish as always.
Take care of your own pants from Pak fauj.
India is doing great at every front. Be it economic, diplomatic or military.
In 2023, India is hosting 20 most powerful countries. What's Pakistan plan? Figure out how to beg more to buy bread? ?? Idiots.

@TopGun786
-Have you wondered why China’s J-20 4.5-gen fighter always flies with Luneburg lens
-1st of course to conceal its true signature
-But more importantly to save itself from humiliation
-J-20’s radar cross section (RCS) is 1-3 m2 putting it along with 4-gen fighter

One of the important aspects of 5th generation is stealth and heat signature ...a large part of this jets exhaust is exposed outside the body ..how can they even claim it's a stealth aircraft 🤦

Back
Top Bottom