Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

IAF scrambled jets 2-3 times in past weeks amid Chinese aggression: Report​

India News
Published on Dec 13, 2022 12:45 PM IST

The Chinese military has been behaving aggressively over issues in the Yangtse in the vicinity of the Holydip and Parikrama area on the LAC where the Chinese side has been opposing Indian positions.​

The Indian Air Force has a strong presence in the northeast with squadrons of Su-30 fighter jets deployed at multiple locations including Tezpur and Chhabua in Assam.(AFP / Representative image)

The Indian Air Force has a strong presence in the northeast with squadrons of Su-30 fighter jets deployed at multiple locations including Tezpur and Chhabua in Assam.(AFP / Representative image)

Before the recent clash between India and China in the Yangtse area near Tawang, Chinese drones had moved very aggressively towards the Indian positions on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Arunachal Pradesh forcing the Indian Air Force to scramble its fighter aircrafts deployed in the region. (Also Read | 'PLA troops sent back, matter was raised with China': Rajnath on LAC face-off)

The Chinese military has been behaving aggressively over issues in the Yangtse in the vicinity of the Holydip and Parikrama area on the LAC where the Chinese side has been opposing Indian positions.

"In the last few weeks, there have been two to three occasions where our fighter jets had to be scrambled to tackle the Chinese drones moving towards our positions on the LAC. The Su-30MKI jets had to be scrambled to tackle the air violation threat," defence sources told ANI.

The Indian Air Force keeps a close watch on Chinese drone activities along the LAC in the northeast. The actions have to be taken as the drones or any aircraft can not be allowed to violate the airspace, they said.

The sources said if the drones fly parallel to the LAC, the Indian side does not have any issues with it but if the aircrafts or drones are picked up by radars flying towards Indian territory, necessary actions have to be taken to prevent any violation, they said. (Also Read | Amit Shah attacks Congress after chaos in Parliament, highlights Nehru link)

The Indian Air Force has a strong presence in the northeast with squadrons of Su-30 fighter jets deployed at multiple locations including Tezpur and Chhabua in Assam.

The Rafale combat jets have also been deployed very close at Hashimara in West Bengal.

The Indian Air Force has also strengthened its air defence coverage in the area with the operationalisation of the S-400 air defence system in the Assam sector only. The system can take care of any aerial threat over almost the entire area.

The Chinese and Indian side recently agreed on multiple measures to prevent any aerial escalation after the violation of air space by Chinese in Ladakh sector earlier this year.

After the provocations by the Chinese in the area, the Indian side strongly took up the issue at military talks and it was decided that the fighter aircraft of both sides would remain much behind their perceived Line of Actual Control in the area.
Get Latest India Newsalong with Latest Newsand Top Headlinesfrom India and around the world.

Bloody Spyder,
Bloody Spyder,
Bloody Spaa..........eheheh....booooom....

**End of transmission***

😁🧐🎯

I knew it
Personally, I believe S-400 is one of the best air defenses in the world. I have no doubt,
However, I will say something about this YT video.
1- ''Reportedly'' a SU27 was shot by Russian S-400.
2- The robotic guy just keep repeating '' reportedly''. I believe up to 12 times in this video.
3- SU27 has RCS equavalent of a passenger jet. Probably the highest of any jet in the world.
4- SU27 is a Soviet/Russian-made jet............. Russia fully knows its pros and cons and how to tackle it.

I am not degrading S-400 but its real test will come against Chinese and Pakistani assets in the future. Pakistan does not have any of Russian tech except engines of JF-17 and Chinese although do have a lot of Russian tech in their flankers but they have modified them a lot, both externally by use of composites and RAM and internally by installing their own EW suits.
Also, I do not think China will risk anything which India already has even a little knowledge about. In case of conflict, Chinses will use their 5th Generation stealth platforms and other Airborne assets.

Personally, I believe S-400 is one of the best air defenses in the world. I have no doubt,
However, I will say something about this YT video.
1- ''Reportedly'' a SU27 was shot by Russian S-400.
2- The robotic guy just keep repeating '' reportedly''. I believe up to 12 times in this video.
3- SU27 has RCS equavalent of a passenger jet. Probably the highest of any jet in the world.
4- SU27 is a Soviet/Russian-made jet............. Russia fully knows its pros and cons and how to tackle it.

I am not degrading S-400 but its real test will come against Chinese and Pakistani assets in the future. Pakistan does not have any of Russian tech except engines of JF-17 and Chinese although do have a lot of Russian tech in their flankers but they have modified them a lot, both externally by use of composites and RAM and internally by installing their own EW suits.
Also, I do not think China will risk anything which India already has even a little knowledge about. In case of conflict, Chinses will use their 5th Generation stealth platforms and other Airborne assets.
All claims about S 400 being made are BS. They haven't worked to the expectations at all. In fact, long and medium range air defenses of Russia has mostly failed to protect it from Ukrainain attacks. Now either their training, tactics or weapons sucks that has to be seen.

All claims about S 400 being made are BS. They haven't worked to the expectations at all. In fact, long and medium range air defenses of Russia has mostly failed to protect it from Ukrainain attacks. Now either their training, tactics or weapons sucks that has to be seen.
I believe each and everything sucks for Russians..... and the same goes for Indians.

Back
Top Bottom