What's new

IAF losing edge over PAF:Military Intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the jibe in the last line, you are more or less on track. The only difference is that its not to get MRCA (which is more or less done albeit the traditional Indian bureaucratic lethargy) but to increase the numbers from 126 to more in 250+ range..

MRCA and LCA or Jokes......for more then 10 years :P :rofl: :no: :tdown: :wave:

No major acquisition since the Sukhoi's in late 90's.

So what else do you expect?

1. Alarmist beyond any rational reason.

2.It may have been a sponsored program from one of the vendors competing for the MMRCA deal.

It all depends on Pilot Skill.....
Even Indian Pilot with mig21 can hit 3 F-16blk52 and Pakistani pilot with f7 can hit MKI.........it all depends on Pilot Skills.

Technology only give u ease to target ur enemy, else all depends on pilot skills (Said by Flying Officer Asad Mahmood)

Sure.. Pilot skill matters a lot.. But that factor is being diminished every day, not just in the field of military but over all.. Take an example of a plane with BVR going up against an older plane. Pilot skills be damned. The non BVR guy wont even know what hit him.. Isnt it. And I am using BVR as an example and technical jump. No implication between India and Pakistan balance..

Ever thought why Pakistan keeps talking about nuking India? It's simple sillies. No matter how hard they try, they know that in case of a war India is gonna gain superiority over air and water anyway. So all these analysis is just pure sh*t.

Ever thought why Pakistan keeps talking about nuking India? It's simple sillies. No matter how hard they try, they know that in case of a war India is gonna gain superiority over air and water anyway. So all these analysis is just pure sh*t.

Of course this is not of a serious concern but I have my doubts on the government. Knowing that they are trying to distract the people from current corruption, I have lost my trust in their management and concern for our country. PAF may not be superior to us right now but let us admit it; IAF IS losing edge over her neighbours.

The rate at which MOD scum are delaying MRCA, FGFA, MCA I don't see why we should be surprised that we are losing our edge. The main source of our military woes is the current scamster government.

That might be the reason . If the iaf plans goes on right time then i don't see loosing any edge .or its just to get publicity :coffee:

I think the writer has seen my signature

bt let me update him that IAF never had an edge over PAF.

history speaks

The advantage the IAF currently holds over PAF is significant. However that advantage is eroded by the fact that not all of IAFs planes can be dedicated to combating PAF. Infact the majority would be deployed against the PLAAF. Pakistan does not have this problem due to its small size and lack of any other major enemy in the region.

with 4 squadrons of J10B with AESA, BVR, and reduced RCS in 2014 there will be a significant reduction in advantage between the two air forces. Even current J 10s with its better maneuverability, smaller RCS, and more advanced avionics dominate the SU 30MKKs in Chinese service, a plane comparable to the SU 30MKI.

If PLAAF was to go offensive against India, then what stops you from adding USAF to the equation ?

Besides I can bank on the fact that Chinese leaders are logical enough to avoid any conflict that can potentially harm them. China has and will always prefer to indirectly hurt India by providing support to Pakistan, but will never engage in a direct conflict because that's just what the US is waiting for.

Also, your fanboyism is disallowing you to see the clear picture. J-10B is nowhere near the MKI on all aspects except price. MKK cannot be compared with MKI since both fighters are extensively modified in different ways.

in 65 and 71, PAF had better training, exposure and tech. while IAF had numbers.

now IAF has all the advantages (declining numbers though)

Advantages in training and exposure.........Now how is that?

in 65 and 71, PAF had better training, exposure and tech. while IAF had numbers.

now IAF has all the advantages (declining numbers though)

well 1965 was more of an opertunistic move on part of pakistan considering the fact that India had just lost a war against China
With war ending in a stalemate with pakistan loosing more troops and teritory than India but India having lost more planes than pakistan thanks to surprise attack by PAF against Indian airfields which led to large number of aircrafts being lost on the ground
This was a tactics similar to the one applied by Israel in the 6 day war

But i think we more than made up for it in 1971 by helping Bangladesh earn its independence
Do u know that PAF tried the same tactics in 1971 which it had successfully employed in 1965 , however this time they failed becoz we had prior knowledge of the attack and had already moved the fighters before paf attacked the airfields in Punjab and J&k

Advantages in training and exposure.........Now how is that?

Well , till about 1986 , Pakistan had superior quality aircafts , while india had larger number
In 1986 PAF operated 300+ Aircraft compared to IAF which had 780 aircrafts , BUT PAF operated F16 which was superior to what India operated at that time , However things began to change when India Started acquiring Mig29 and Mirage 2000 in 1986-87 , followed with Su30k Induction in 1997

as far as training is concerned , well i dont think India will have any problems now thanks to regular training Excersises that we have been conducting with UK , France , US , Singapore and Israel , which are some of the most professional Air forces in the world
We are also acquiring modern trainer aircraft like Advance Jet trainer Hawk , IJT Sitara and currently have an ongoing contract to rerplace our beginner trainer fleet

It is very satisfying that the PAF with all the force multipliers and 4th gen aircraft has come along way, and from this article you can tell the indians are worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom